Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    ireland have changed the 14 days , you can take a test after 5 days from arriving if negative your free ...uk will introduce that this week as well

Petersonnn repped this.
  2. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So far, so good. :D

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Even Sweden now admits that their approach was wrong and they are starting to enter their first lockdown now as we enter winter. But again... they get away with it somewhat because of their low population density.

Again, it only really makes sense to compare Sweden with its neighbouring countries like Finland, Norway and Denmark. That comparison would suggest that masks work. Similarly if you compare the red states in the US versus Canada.

M repped this.
  4. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    And news when the tournament will
    Be confirmed.
    1 country 12 countries !??

can you talk about COVID outside this ticket thread ?

M and belfasteric repped this.
  5. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How can we answer your question if we don't talk covid ? :p
    I expect 12 countries as it is. Fingers crossed.

BocaFan repped this.
  6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Good point made by Jurgen Klopp urging for changes in the fixture schedule:

"You stand here with the facemask, we adapt. Everything changed but the contract with the broadcasters is still 'nope, we have this so we keep this'. What? Everything changed. The whole world changed." - Klopp

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55038298

One can also accuse UEFA of the same thing wrt to their obsession with sticking to 12 host countries, despite everything and everyone else changing around them to adapt to the new reality (its not like it was such a great idea in the first place :rolleyes:).

7. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why is it always the big clubs with the big squads and big budgets than moan about the fixture list?

Petersonnn, M and LaParka710 repped this.
  8. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I totally understand what you're saying about UEFA not adapting, but these managers complaining about the schedule have to suck it up too and realize this is the world we live in now too. Things are going to go on as planned. I think UEFA should maybe rethink the twelve countries thing. I also think countries having friendlies because of playoff finals was absolutely ridiculous. However, if the governing bodies agree, you have to get on with it as a FA, club/team, manager, and as fans.

BocaFan repped this.
  9. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    As an Everton supporter, everything Klopp says infuriates me, but I totally agree with you no matter who said it. These managers at big clubs complaining makes my eyes roll. Leicester to me are the only club that could complain and be somewhat justified. As Ancelotti said, you can rotate your lineup if you're that concerned about fitness and injuries. I would go a bit further, if you're that concerned, tell UEFA that you're dropping out of Europe this season. If not, shut up because I don't even think five subs is going to limit injuries much. Plus, this isn't League Two where they may have 18 professional players.

Sorry for the rant, but Klopp makes me do it... But, I hope it's better than talking about COVID.;)

Ric_Braz repped this.
  10. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As a league one club and due to getting Covid we have to play 6 games in 14 days and from Saturday to Thursday a total travel of 1,225 miles. No one is moaning and we no no one would care anyway.

Wenger used to be the worst at complaining. I was always amazed that when Spain were winning all tournaments that the Real Madrid and Barcelona players kept on playing with so many games at such a high standard. Messi & Ronaldo rarely miss international games and again you don't hear much moaning from them. I like Klopp but I rather feel he is feeling the pressure having now won the title.

LaParka710 repped this.
  11. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Have to say I like the 12 country thing, means you can combine football with a Grand Tour. Getting more optimistic that it can go ahead as envisaged, I can't be arsed changing all my bookings yet again.

12. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Yeah, teams in the lower leagues are ones I totally feel for during this. Normally, I absolutely hate leagues changing rules midseason (especially when they could have made the rules in the preseason), but I get why League One and League Two would want the subs rule change. Not sure how I feel about it in the Championship if I am honest, but I know I will hate it if the Premier League changes.

I purely hate Arsenal due to Wenger's complaining. I'm not the biggest Mourinho fan, but there is something always great about him needling Wenger. I saw some of Wenger's proposed rule changes and thought, "dude, go away already."

13. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I totally agree and that is my plan as of now. I've never been to a major tournament, so part of me thinks that I would rather have it in one country and be able to go than not be able to go at all. However, I would much, much rather go to six or so countries than just one.

14. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    #5440 welshbairn, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Penicillin and insulin were discovered by accident. So it goes. Whatever gets the fitba on.

In the interests of bringing the football community together though..

wed.JPG

You might have to have watched UK television to get this. ;)

16. Confizzled

Confizzled Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 24, 2020
    So I am just wondering have people already booked flights and accommodation for next year or are people using the wait and see approach and holding off until we get an official word of what’s going on. I haven’t booked anything yet, I’ll probably waiting at least until the new year to see what happens.

17. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I've booked but double checked that both flights and hotels are refundable in any circumstances, the flights in the form of vouchers at a minimum. Prices could rise massively.

Confizzled repped this.
  18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've booked all hotels but with free cancellation. No hurry on flights at this stage.

19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Depends on the game, flights that were about £50 a few weeks ago for Inverness to London are now £350-450 return for England v Scotland, unsurprisingly.

20. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I booked my hotels right away with free cancelation as I noticed before the postponement that hotels were much harder to book than flights in terms of demand and desired location in most cities. I got a bunch of vouchers for flights now, so I'll wait until we get closer because dealing with airlines in case of cancelation is more of a pain. I may book flights closer to Christmas because of potential deals. Plus, the point about some matches raising prices is a good one. At the very least, I'll look in December.

Confizzled repped this.
  21. Alan H

Alan H New Member

Scotland
    Nov 28, 2020
    Edinburgh

Got hotels booked with free cancellation. Will wait to sort travel once fixtures/ticketing allocations are confirmed.

Confizzled repped this.
  22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah same here. Hotels in St. Petersburg are much cheaper than when I booked for July 2020. Strangly, Copenhagen is just the opposite. :confused:

23. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Not that strange because those Scandinavian countries are quite expensive. ;)
    Copenhagen and Dublin were the two I wanted to book again first because they were going to be the toughest, I thought. Even Copenhagen's hostels were super overpriced when I booked. I just bit the bullet and paid something non-horrific to stay at a hotel I was at before because I knew I would get something more than a closet. London was surprisingly quite bad the first time, but much better the second time.

24. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Not sure if it's true, but heard that UEFA are waiting till March before deciding safe stadium capacities. So there's unlikely to be any movement on the ticketing front till then.

LaParka710 and Petersonnn repped this.
  25. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If they decide by March, I believe there will be less than full stadiums. And they will bang their head into the wall when the virus is gone by May....