Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack97

Jack97 New Member

Liverpool
    Australia
    Aug 15, 2019
    Do you think it's wise to book hotels now considering the schedule is out? I mean, surely they'd be cheap with this current economic environment

2. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many haven’t opened up their calendars that far but for those that have prices are high. The lower prices are this year not next year.

3. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I couldn't get a Dublin hotel at a reasonable price for 2020 last 16 , i got a great deal for 2021 in dublin.. Always take the 24 hours cancellation policy even if its a bit more expensive..

4. Jack97

Jack97 New Member

Liverpool
    Australia
    Aug 15, 2019
    Agreed. Since not many people can go on European holidays this summer, thinking next summer might be real busy so hoping to get in early before the rush

5. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Of course especially if you are budget-conscious. If you can find a decent place with a flexible/free-cancellation policy in a great location and price there is zero harm in doing it early. Some hotel websites such as the accor group have been open for booking for these dates since May, and others are either just opening or very close to opening their tournament dates. There may be better deals in a few months for certain cities (think PremierInn, MotelOne etc.) but there really is no harm to book these now, and then secure an even better deal somewhere else closer to the time (eg. a trustworthy Superhost Airbnb with an ideal cancellation policy). For some cities it is more important than others, for example Bilbao just cannot fit everyone (as per the bid evaluation report), Copenhagen is an expensive city regardless, Munich has a very big exhibition on during one of the group games which attracts tens of thousands of people to the city and blocks out many hotels raising the prices, and in general since it is the beginning of hectic European summer travel.

belfasteric repped this.
  6. Jack97

Jack97 New Member

Liverpool
    Australia
    Aug 15, 2019
    What are the chances of getting 2 tickets for the quarter final in Rome during a future ticket re-sale period? I shouldn't have any issues with accommodation in London for the semi finals, but I'm wanting tickets for that quarter final since I'm coming from Australia and Italy is on the way. Hotels areqare cheap right now for that date so might book something up and if I cant get a ticket, just cancel it

7. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't think you will have a problem with getting tickets for almost any game as we saw continually earlier this year and especially now with many returned.

Did love the idea of Italy being on the way from Australia!

8. Jack97

Jack97 New Member

Liverpool
    Australia
    Aug 15, 2019
    1 way flight to Rome for a few days isn't such a bad idea considering you basically fly over Italy if you go via Singapore from Australia. Works a treat and it's only 3 days before the semis in London

9. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Yeah, I think an even better chance than last year as people will be holding off to see how the virus goes.

10. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Any game im roma is easy to get even the most difficult (italy x wales). We ve seen these tickets easy in last sales

11. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Mmm ure right however, thanks to corona and the 1 extra year, euro2020 have been offered somehow a free marketing and i noticed more and more people aware of this competition while till march this year, a lot of people were not really aware / ready for it.. i am expecting a huge crowd for many reasons:
    1. More cash in the hands of pple (holidays cancelled, spendings reduced during crisis..)
    2. More desire to attend to a stadium after these few dry months with games in closed stadiums
    3. More pple will do local tourism, and since most games in euro2020 are played are home, well see huge interest from local pple with a reduction of tourists flying over, but overall, more pple willing to buy tickets

12. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Not sure about more cash in hand, there's some rescission coming down the road

Ric_Braz repped this.
  13. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I think they'll test the water early regards tkts, just to see what kind of response they get

14. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    My flights are looking quite a bit cheaper for next year. Think I'll book again asap, non refundable but vouchers back if I need to cancel.

15. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I love that for the EURO knockout stage games especially for the Round of 16, Quarter Finals, Semi Final and the Final they are playing them in different capital cities

16. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ECB and FED printed trillions..ending up in the market somehow..with increase of inflation..200 euros last year worth 210 next year..meaning tickets prices will look cheaper..anyway i close this chapter of finance (my domaine)
    :)

17. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Either way cheap tickets means massive bank

18. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
  19. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    #5219 belfasteric, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Thats all great if you still have a job, unemployment here jumped 120 percent in last 2 months...when furlough in uk ends it won't be much better, im sure spain and Italy isn't great either

20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    EURO 2021...who is your pick to win it all

21. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    Ofori my friend, this thread is for people wanting to discuss purchasing tickets for Euro 2020 and to lesser extent related travel and accommodation issues. It's not a thread to predict who is going to win the tournament and the like (there may another more suitable thread on the UEFA forum, I'm not sure).

I'll catch up with you over on the United 2026 thread, which I see is developing quite nicely :)

Ric_Braz repped this.
  22. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    Yeah, me and the missus were discussing whether we should be keeping our tickets given the economic uncertainty caused by Covid-19 but we came to same conclusion as you - after more than a year of varying stages of lockdown, no real football for much of that time, and a summer 2020 which has been pretty much written off in terms of events and holidays, people are going to be desperate for some fun next summer and Euro 2020 tickets could be like gold dust. Of course, that is on the assumption that there is a vaccine by then and it is safe to have crowds at a football match again - I appreciate that is a big assumption to make.

I am sympathetic to the contrary opinion that with a recession round the corner many people won't be able to afford the luxury of Euro 2020 tickets. There but for the grace of God go any one of us, but in my experience even when times are hard for the majority there always seem to be enough people doing well to fill out the stadium, whether the event is a football tournament or big name concert.

welshbairn and mazinio repped this.
  23. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But I mean summer is boring though and why? Because there is no EURO 2020 being played but as far as tickets I mean I know people personally who have bought tickets but now seeing them get refunds...I mean it is understandable but at the same time by moving it to 2021, wouldn't UEFA essentially lose money that way

24. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In additiion to that, the qualifications play off are now played 7 months before the kick off, allowing the fans enough time to prepare it. No doubt this is an additionnal booster. So people who have tickets, better to keep them and decide closer to the event, to get rid of them if needed

25. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    That makes more sense and you can make more money by doing that