Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I personally find the Cat 1 ticket price pretty expensive. I'll never do it again, especially for a final. If you are going to downgrade, do it for Category 2. I only say this bc I had Cat 1 for 2016 Final - it was an upper level seat at midfield. I would've been more than content with a corner seat in the upper level, which would've been Cat 2. I have a Cat 2 final ticket for this year's tournament and am satisfied with the choice.

Real Mardin repped this.
  2. Yanited

Yanited New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 6, 2019
    No more Cat 2 available unfortunately.

I live in Australia so it's not very often I get to see European football - I'm ok with paying the price.

Personally I prefer getting seats as close to the fence as possible, so my thinking is that there is a good chance some of the Cat 1 restricted view tickets will be in the first few rows where the fence cuts off your view of the sideline.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Cat 2 definitely isn't sold out. The tickets just aren't being offered at the moment. It's your call in the end. I did have Row 1 Cat 1 for Portugal x Wales semi in 2016 (mine was not RV, technically). Sat next to the Portuguese assistant coaches and an injured Pepe. Was a cool experience. But that semi was available for way below face.

But, I do think Restricted Cat 1 will likely be a seat closer to the pitch. Usually the Cat 1 tix you get later in the ticket buying process tend to be better seats - sponsor and federation returns, etc.

Real Mardin repped this.
  4. Yanited

Yanited New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 6, 2019
    Thanks. Do you (or anyone else) know if the semifinal/final tickets being offered now are a part of the resale portal? I'm asking as the FAQ states that tickets bought in the portal can't be relisted.

5. k1ngdota

k1ngdota Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Asking for delivery change would be asking for trouble i think.
    The "new batch of mobile tickets" are tied to guests IDs ? Idk, the video from UEFA themselves explains the details of transfering the tickets to ur guests (and then they themselves enter personal informations), no one can foresee 6 months before who will be available to come. Its just scare tactics from uefa
    Concerning tickets, names on it etc, read from page 138 of this thread, i asked questions and got answers, at least as far as previous tournaments are concerned. There is no reason that they change it, or they would ve somewhat half empty stadiums lol.

6. bfw1

bfw1 New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 12, 2017
    Trying to avoid reading through 146 pages. I am trying to get a ticket to Italy Switzerland and failed in both lotteries. What are my options at this point?

I saw there is some sort of resale happening on the UEFA portal on Feb 26 though I’m not sure what time. I’m getting on a flight at 11:45 am CET so could get in the way of getting tix then.

Thx in advance for advice.

7. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Resale portal on 26/2 at 14:00 CET. Or there will be further sales at later dates. You'll get it eventually.

bfw1 repped this.
  8. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    I have come to the conclusion that the reason for so many tickets is the reluctance of Touts to buy the tickets in the form of a phone download.
    Maybe the bigger ones will have it sussed but the thousands of Amateurs who usually buy may be reluctant to get involved in it, not fully understanding how it works.

9. WST Ipswich

WST Ipswich Member

Ipswich Town
    May 5, 2006
    Berkshire, UK
    Hi. This was my cat1 restricted view ticket for 2006 WC Final 94B470CB-B485-44FD-910C-7855ACF7D68E.jpeg

leonidas, DaBull13 and Real Mardin repped this.
  10. k1ngdota

k1ngdota Member

Feb 20, 2020
    if we look at history of uefa mobile tickets, there is no reason to not be able to transfer it at all, it would be complete chaos and even the video from UEFA explains its possible. Many people testified here that they could transfer it in former events, its just a mental blockage and a practical one : people assume its weirder to go on in the streets and sell through smartphone.
    Even then, there is always a way around.

11. k1ngdota

k1ngdota Member

Feb 20, 2020
    I also think its even more practical : guests can enter their own informations, tickets can be accessed offline, you can bring several smartphones in case one doesnt work. Many advantages

12. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Hi
    that will have contributed but touts have an ability to get everywhere.
    I think another issue is the pricing? How much can you really charge excess to make it worth your while?
    Take the final. If England are in you will make some money. If England are against a team with a big following NL, Germany, Sweden), they will be like gold dust.
    If the final is Portugal v Spain (not impossible), you will take a bath.
    (That is not a knock on those countries, just a comment on the propensity of those fans to travel in large numbers).

Real Mardin and popularside repped this.
  13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There is more trust involved with a mobile ticket. It might take time and the ticket cannot exist on 2 different phones so in time the touts will find a way. Anything that makes life harder for touts is good in my book.

The transfer of these tickets can be stopped. Any issued via the FA to England fans cannot be transferred. UEFA probably will not impose such restrictions on anybody else.

There are loads of amateur touts this time around. The professional touts are also very active here and on other fan-sites trying to pick up tickets to sell later.
    You need to be very careful who you are selling or swopping with even at FV.

The touts have taken a bath on the last 4 semi finals and the last 2 finals. Any 2 of the last 4 finalists would see plenty of tickets available for the final. However England v anybody would be crazy.

leonidas, Real Mardin and Stuckin1au repped this.
  14. Dragonhorse

Dragonhorse Member

Manchester United
    England
    Mar 3, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    especially England vs Ireland/Wales/Scotland
    There will be gold dust.

15. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    if you are hoping for England to play Wales or Ireland, and that is a touting strategy, you would be better offputting the cash on the Cheltenham Gold Cup (I apologise to people who have no knowledge/interest, in horse racing.)

Real Mardin and Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Lol well that aint gonna happen :)

Dragonhorse repped this.
  17. Dragonhorse

Dragonhorse Member

Manchester United
    England
    Mar 3, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not hoping, im just saying based on fans base from each of these countries. What's touting strategy?

18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    England v anybody woukd be a Touts Dream final but Holland/Germany would also be a ticket nightmare.

19. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I can dream but at this stage would be happy just to qualify.

20. k1ngdota

k1ngdota Member

Feb 20, 2020
    How do you know tickets cant exist on 2 phones ? I think they cant exist on 2 accounts but they can on 2 phones : that would mean if you break your phone or it gets stolen, you cant access the stadium anymore.

21. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    ok you are probably correct. A ticket cannot exist in 2 different accounts at the same time. If the same account is on 2 different phones both may be able to have the ticket. Anybody know for sure?

My main point was that a seller cannot sell a ticket multiple times which is a huge risk with "print at home."

22. Sam Miami

Sam Miami Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 11, 2019
    How is availability outside the stadiums on secondary market

23. Asgspecial

Asgspecial Member

Manchester United
    England
    Feb 11, 2020
    Anyone worrying about a restricted view ticket at Wembley... don’t! This was my restricted view ticket from the FA Cup Final. The only reason was the bit of glass that is at the bottom of the steps covered the corner flag! Incredible view and saved me £60 odd

Attached Files:

leonidas, Real Mardin and Tepiwaa repped this.
  24. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    Photos like this are really useful and anyone who posts them for the benefit of others should be commended. Yours was a very good example of a "restricted view", but it seems there are worse seats out there. This one I found on google was enough to put me off a Cat 3 restricted view and upgrade to a standard Cat 2 - looks to me like you couldn't properly see one of the goals, which could spoil the big day somewhat:

[​IMG]

Ric_Braz and Petersonnn repped this.
  25. AustraliaWorldcupGuy

Chelsea
    Australia
    Jun 1, 2018
    what is the purpose of that rail.....