EURO 2020 - Team Sheet and Tactics

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
  3. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  4. :D
    Well, with every 10 failures we would have 5 Rijkaards.
    Think it's a winner;)

Brilliant Dutch and Orange14 repped this.
  5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he hasnt lost his speed he could still make the team and be productive. Robben is the type of player who relies almost 100% on his speed, so if he has lost that then there's probably no point in bringing him back. A quick 50 and 100 meter sprint should give Koeman enough of an idea whether he's still useful or not

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Orange14 and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  10. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Kluivert still needs to go to another club but then again so does Memphis and Fosu-Mensah

11. I wonder how the KNVB thinks to be able to play the 7th of october match against Mexico.
    Because of corona explosion in Mexico there's a travel ban between EU and Mexico. Do they have enough players in Euro leagues to form a team, if necesary?

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Private airplanes would probably still able to get through

13. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Netherlands need to play more friendly matches especially if they want to better prepare for EURO 21

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if everything remains as per schedule then Nation League 20-21 is expected to commence in sept-october including the finals and then the world cup qualifiers starting in March 2021 (first rounds) , so you are looking at alot of games. add to this the players /clubs who will be involved in their domestic leagues, CL and EL . it will be one hell of hectic season before the euro stars.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Either way a lot of games for the Dutch to get through

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the schedule is just ridiculous. More games mean more potential injuries.

18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this is the moment where koeman needs to come up with good extended squad and do a healthy rotation. recipe for success. guaranteed. if he continues with the same approach like sticking with same starting 11, then yeah it could be disaster in terms of causalities. the good part is that everybody will be available. I mean if you look up front, Malen, stengs, Boadu need to clocks more minutes and this could be a perfect opportunity to do this. not only them but others as well. koeman needs to give players like wijndal, and other players who have been active after lock down and performed outstandingly the nod.

19. The new calender for European matches, clubs and national teams, are practically impossible to carry out. There are matches planned against teams in code orange countries, which means two weeks lock down for the club returning home. So how is that going to work with the league schedule? The same with Europa cup matches.
    I think the EU has to put the knife on UEFA's throat and cancel all matches for national teams this year, especially the NL matches.
    Health and overload issues of players with this way of money grabbing operations of UEFA should be stopped.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Here it goes again.... Ronald Koeman spotted leaving Barcelona airport in a private jet back to the Netherlands. Another saga in the making. This one certainly looks intense, after Barcelona historic collapse.

If Koeman does indeed leave, who is available and capable to take Oranje NT to Euro next Summer? Ten Haag? Or probably one of those Germany-based managers... Bosz, Schreuder, Stevens? Interestingly, the other Koeman (Erwin) is looking for a job after recently got sacked :x3:

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Most probably it will be van gaal again. SOS.

22. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I would take Haag

23. Don't be ridiculous. Ten Hag isnot going to do the job in this stage of his career.
    My guess, if Koeman ist stupid enough to go, the successor is going to be Kees van Wonderen.

Orange14 repped this.
  24. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I don't think this is a good decision for Koeman. Election for Barca president is next year and if the current president (who signs Koeman) is lost, the new president may want to bring in his choice for coach. Leaving NT before completing Euro? If this is true, I don't like Koeman anymore and think that he will fail at Barca. Messi and the core (Pique, Suarez, Alba, Busquets...) are old. With the exception of Frenkie, Stegen, Ansu Fati and maybe a few more young players, Barca is on the down for a while. Refusing Alphonso Davies, spent money for Coutinho, Dembele, Umtiti, Griezmann which failed so far Why going there now? Is there any very good young players coming up from La Masia?

I was hoping that with Euro delay and players are healthy again, we have a decent chance. With this drama...I don't think the chance will be decent any more.