Euro 2020 Group E (Poland / Slovakia / Spain / Sweden)

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by nirvaanfc, Jun 6, 2021.

?

Who finishes top two from Group E?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2021.
  1. Poland

33.3%
  2. Slovakia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Spain

93.3%
  4. Sweden

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s a good game for Spain

2. Kung

Kung Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Once again Sweden won the group. Perhaps people from other nations won't underestimate the 10 th best team in the world next time.

Let ous do Swedish stuff and go out in the QF once again with the most boring playingstyle.

JanBalk repped this.
  3. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I always thought Sweden would win it. In fact maybe they make semifinals?

4. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Sweden's attack looked much better with Kulusevski back from Covid. Hard for me to understand why Isak keeps getting pulled so early though. He's 21 and looks very fit. And especially since Berg usually gives Sweden next to nothing.

5. Kung

Kung Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden

Sounds wierd but it's due to Berg being better at being more defensive even if they're strikers.

Isak is mostly being pulled out early becuse we need him fit for knockouts.

I presume that's the reasons from our cosch which we've 100 percent faith on after taking over a swedish disaster after 2016.

I understand your points though since Berg is the most criticised player in Sweden atm. Ge recieved loads of hate after the miss against Spain

6. chaparral66

chaparral66 New Member

Bayern München
    Poland
    May 14, 2018
    Shambolic defending by Poland. Bereszynski should never feature for NT again. He wasn’t the only problem though.

7. Kung

Kung Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ukraine will still be hard but Sweden should beat them. A

I believe most swedish people would consider it a disaster to not beat Ukraine even if most except t'll be a hard match.

We're though not that naiv so both England or Germany are better. I believe we've a chans against England. Germany thought is a team we just can't beat. I mean we can create upsets against any team in the world except for Germany and Brazil.

If the stars align for Sweden I wouldn't mind a QF against Germany where we take our first win against them since 1958 (when Sweden won wc silver)

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    This is not 2014 Germany. Not even 2010 Germany.

This is more like 2004 Germany.

9. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Ukraine looked absolutely horrible against Austria. No imagination, little skill, and not much effort either. It was hard to believe they were playing for their tournament lives.

Sweden should win by two goals at least.

10. Kung

Kung Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It could be 11 cones with the name Germany in the back and we still would lose.
    It's hard to explain för a non Swede but we for some reason just can't beat them.

BocaFan repped this.
  11. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    In all honesty, Ukraine might be your easiest match of the tournament. I believe that Spain, Poland, and Slovakia are all superior to Ukraine. If you lost, it would be an absolute disaster. You guys are strong favorites.

After that, I’d say you have a chance against Germany, but yeah like you said Germany is one of those teams you’ve not been able to beat so far. England, maybe. I expect Germany to beat England though.

And then Denmark is my guess you’d face in the semis if you make it there. What a semifinal that would be.

12. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That's why we play the game, I guess.

13. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Most shocking result of all. Seriously, Ukraine were having the game of their lives! I still cannot believe it.

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nah. Ukraine has quality comparable to Sweden. Ukraine have been having a poor tournament up until that moment but Ukraine is no weaker than Sweden. never was.