Euro 2020 (FINALE!!): Italia - Inghilterra

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by calabrese8, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    #226 Nabolidaboli, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    2.4-0.67 XG Italia. One side attempted to play catenaccio. Statistically we bossed this match. If it’s not in London Italy wins this in 90 minutes.

La Magica and Tifoso repped this.
  2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    An Italian manager out-thought an English manager.

That's about the least-surprising thing ever. :D

La Magica, BVBFNM and Tifoso repped this.
  3. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    From a club perspective I have no enjoyment in saying it, but Chiesa is ready to be a superstar. What a player. That’s a jewel of an attacker for the national team for the next few cycles. Good for him- working on his game.

4. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Grandissima Italia!! Abbiamo dominato quasi tutta la partita. Non toccavano la palla. 66% possession and 19 shots..including 6 on goal. They took that game over after the first few minutes and rarely let it go.

I had a real calm about this game. I slept well and even when we were trailing, I always had the sense we'd score.

The thing the shocked me the most was how defensive England played. They really seemed scared to push forward. Il centrocampo e' stato grandissimo.

I hugged my boys so hard after we won, and couldn't contain myself after Chiellini lifted the Cup.

FORZA AZZURRI!!! CI AVETE PORTATO UNA GIOIA IMMENSA!!!

5. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a great deal of enjoyment. :D

afar and Nabolidaboli repped this.
  6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    where do you get xg stats?

7. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    I can understand. He was the best player on the field today before he came off. Just scratching his potential too.

Tifoso repped this.
  8. Nabolidaboli

Nabolidaboli Member

Sep 7, 2018
    these specifically off Espnfc

totti fan repped this.
  9. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    This team has a great future too...especially if Zaniolo comes back and they can find a real forward. Also with people like Spina and Pellegrini back, we will be very tough to beat if Mancini can get the guys to buy into the teamwork again.

giallorosso86, whill4, afar and 3 others repped this.
  10. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #235 johnny6, Jul 11, 2021
    Google 2020 Euro on your phones or PC's cool little show :)

blissett and giallorosso86 repped this.
  11. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    International managers will be studying this team and its tactics now. Hopefully Mancini thrives under this new challenge

12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    my bad. he said "It's coming to Rome". His English grammar is better than I gave him credit for.

Tifoso repped this.
  13. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    haha that's awesome

14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Coverciano always finds a way.

totti fan repped this.
  15. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Chiesa - Messi — with the bloodied ankle.

03A9664A-7CB0-43ED-8994-56C4A2DD176A.jpeg 418BD914-8719-4C64-BBBC-EBE35B7B8D81.jpeg 317FEFC3-724C-4E03-8F9A-429C2EF35BCC.jpeg 89137381-C361-4A75-BFC2-DF1D2084ACDF.jpeg

16. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    To begin with The racial abuse those three Guys that missed there penalties for England are getting is pathetic , and footage I saw of these English so called fans abusing those Italian fans while coming out of Wembley really really pissed me off. C---Suckers. ******** you Boris Johnson, ******** You Nigel Farage.
    Now that I got that out of the way sorry for my language guys. Well done Ragazzi After the early England goal italy looked a little disjointed but they slowly took over the game Chiesa was my man of the match, and a shout out to Emerson too he had a great game I think Serie A beat EPL .

Edhardy, BVBFNM and totti fan repped this.
  17. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    With guys like Castrovilli, Zaniolo, Meret, Mancini, and Kean who in my opinion would have been a better player than Ciro Immobile, Italy is going to be very good

afar and Nabolidaboli repped this.
  18. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Yes, it will also be interesting to see how Raspadori and Scamacca progress, but if this team gets a center forward....look out...

GIGI RIVA and giallorosso86 repped this.
  19. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A few observations about this Italian NT:

- Danielle de Rossi became the second man after Dino Zoff to win both the World Cup and the Euro, though Zoff won both as a player whilst de Rossi won the World Cup as a player and the Euro as part of the coaching staff.

- Mancini was frequently criticized for being a flop in the CL, but today he silenced his critics by winning his first international trophy.

- With the exception of the two Chelsea players, this is the first international trophy for this generation of Italian footballers. Because of this I'm mostly glad for Chiellini, who has finally won an international trophy after so many failed attempts.

afar, foreverazurri and Nabolidaboli repped this.
  20. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Glad to be proven wrong when I said that a football team would never win an international trophy with Verratti in the starting XI.

It's an absolute miracle that Italy has been able to accomplish what it has tonight given the lack of players with experience in the final stages of the Champions League and in general the number of players that we fielded from smaller clubs. Team cohesion and togetherness seems to be the main theme with this group. You can see that there is a real love and strong team spirit amongst the players. Seemingly, there are no big egos disrupting the locker room dynamics and the players seem to have full confidence in Mancini.

It just goes to show how important the mental side of the game is. Italy have fielded so many sides in previous tournaments that were stronger on paper than this one that were total embarrassments. Conte achieved great things with an ordinary bunch that had a sprinkling of talent. Mancini on the other hand had to rebuild this team from rock bottom with maybe 2 or 3 name players and what he achieved is nothing short of genius.

21. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They will prepare for this and be unprepared for the 6'3 blonde thoroughbred shredding through their team in 22

Nainggolan and calabrese8 repped this.
  22. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #247 Sumol, Jul 11, 2021
    The Southern European streak continues.

Congratulations, my brothers.

23. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    who?

24. foreverazurri

foreverazurri Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I think Mancini will convince him to play the world cup next year. Chiellini is easily ranked as the top 3 best defenders in his generation, if not the best. After he retires, he would be put to the list of all-time greatest defenders like Maldini, Cannavaro, and Nesta.

afar and BVBFNM repped this.
  25. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zaniolo, no? Hoping he recovers well and is integrated into this side.

So happy for this team and for our people! FORZA AZZURRI!!