News: Euro 2012 Politics, Crowd Trouble, etc

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Apr 30, 2012.

1. theparish

theparish Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. theparish

theparish Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So at the end of a EU beaurocrat debate to discuss whether the communities politicians will or will not boycott Ukraine .... the decision is .... well to defer the decision.
    What a waste of time and money these idiots are.
    I tell you what ... why don't you just boycott the tournament, use the money that you would have spent on expenses to help the economy of your various countries that you are so brilliantly destroying and do some good by donating your tickets to local Ukrainian orphanages.

3. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It's bullshit... The just don't want to go to Ukraine anyways... Now they just the found some reason that not only gives them a reason to stay home, but also gives them great PR-value as fighters for human rights blah blah blah.......

The interesting questions is.... If they choose to boycott Ukraine... How will they react at Russias Olympics and Russias WC 2018? ... They have to boycott it also, since Russia is 10000 times worse than Ukraine in this matter.... I really doubt that they will boycott Russia..... But how will they argue, if they boycott Ukraine for some Tymoshenko, but do not boycott Russia for millions of human rights violations???.... It will be interesting..... So by boycotting Ukraine they will set a standard that they probably won't hold......
    .... Can we (Ukrainians) then accuse EU for discrimination? Discrimination is also a human right violation, right? So if they boycott us, but not Russia (who is violating human rights 1000 times more)... isn't that discrimination then???... Talk about hypocrisy.

4. theparish

theparish Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If there was not a high profile event happening in Ukraine they wouldn't give a toss about the treatment of criminals, animals or anything there. It's an opportunity for the EU politicians to flex their pathetic muscles without recourse while deflecting attentions from the failings and shortfalls in their own economies and internal affairs.
    I know there is a seperate thread but I genuinely hope the winner of the tournament are the people of Poland and Ukraine. If people choose to follow their corrupt politicians and sensationalist press then perhaps they should not travel at all.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone I know in Ukraine is thrilled for the tournament. Anyone who boycotts or anything of the like is only going to make Ukrainian people mad at them, not at Yanukovich or anybody in power in the country.

6. rusrocket

rusrocket Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    No country is perfect. If you try hard enough you can find grounds to boycott any country ....Poland, Ukraine, England, Brazil, Russia, France, Qatar (the feminist movement groups are going to have a lot of fun with those peaceful muslims:))

7. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's the fault of the Ukranian people not of the EU-politicians. A good sign what's going wrong there.

8. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A good sign of what is going on in your mind is the king of hipocracy you are showing.
    A criminal is put behind the bars. Most Ukrainians support this decisions.
    So who the f... are you?

Your politicians just tries to destroy our joy, joy for millions of people who have been waiting for this moment. It's really disrespectful.

ThreeStars repped this.
  9. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not the problem at all. You would know this if you read newspapers for yourself.

10. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's all wrong. All.

First, no one claims that she should come free, although it wasn't a constitutional process. Fact.

Second, no German politician is destroying the joy of millions of Ukranian people when the stay home. The just don't want to be instrumentaled by a dictator.

Third, it's Yanukovich who's destroying the joy of millions. If he would accept human right treatment there won't be a story at all. So pls, mind your own business and do not try hard to find excuses.

11. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The problem with you is that you believe everything you read in the newspapers. Please read my posts above in this thread.

12. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Then, I'm seeing forward of your politicians to boycott Olympics and WC in Russia.
    Probably you won't... why??? Talk about discrimination then......

boycotting Ukraine for some stupid thing..... and not boycotting Russia for violiting 100000 human rights....

You have to understand. This is not about Tymoshenko itself... This is about getting good PR on the cost of a country they don't care of..... You think your leaders are so good and careful about human rights?... You are naive and brainwashed.... Your leaders will not even mention the word "boycott" when it comes to Russia.....

So what is these double standards about???? If you boycott Ukraine, you should triple boycott Russia...... Otherwise you are a hipocrat.

13. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    stay home and boycott us.
    Your politicians wouldn't come here anyhow... just try to PR themselves....... And stop believing in everything you read.

But really... You think you make something good? If you really think Janukovich is a dictator... well, why don't you do real measures?? Why don't you froze all his belonings in the European bank accounts?? Why don't you forbid him and histeam entering the EU?????

These measures would really strike against him and his team personally.... This political boycott is a humiliation against ordinar Ukrainian people... Just because of some Tymoshenko, who most Ukrainians hate, you try to boycott an event that has been huge for millions of Ukrainian people.... You are spitting in our faces.... punks

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem here is, Russia didn't sign the European covenant for Human Rights. Ukrain did. Your goverment is breaking contracts. You don't want your country to have a politicial stigmatizing then put the finger on your gouverment.

edit: ok you seem to be unable to understand, I think you didn't even try. I don't mind anyway.

hf

15. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You can do what the hell you want with our stupid politicians..... But don't touch ordinar people who has been looking for this moment for about 5 years.

Please, freeze Yanukovich accounts.. most people will be happy.... But political boycott is harmful to Ukrainian people also. I don't think it's fair.

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nobody did you punk. I'm sure you won't find anybody on the street who say that he/she is waiting since 5 years to see Merkel sitting next to Yanukovich. Stop finding excuses, start pointing out your problems.

btw, it doesn't matter who/if anybody is hating Tymoshenku. She should be treated as everybody and as a human beeing. Nothing more. It's not that much asked for and it's all about your dictator to end the story and let the Ukraine shine :) It's his turn, simple as.

17. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dear Germans,

I guess this exaggerated care about Tymoshenko is some kind of way to say sorry for 1941?

18. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Stay home and jerk on this Tymoshenko then.

19. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now you're embarassing yourself, says it all. This behaviour let Ukraine look like shit, not the people who won't make themselfs victims to the Urkainian regime.

20. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    ok.. thank you...
    No matter what you say, you've made most ordinar Ukrainian hate your country. Thank your Merkel for that... She is now losing in Germany, so tries to find a new focus....
    Good luck.

ThreeStars repped this.
  21. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We don't have any regime or dictator in Ukraine, you punk.. no matter what you read in you brainwashed politically correct news in Germany.

ThreeStars repped this.
  22. fcbarcelona101

Nov 21, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, I am all good and well with whatever each government decides to do related to this case. If the germans and other countries think that the best course of actions is not to go to Ukraine to pressure them, they are free to do so. I used to live in one of the most corrupt countries in the world down in South America, and I am sure that even though human rights should be respected for everyone, we should not try to make Tymoshenko look as some innocent bystander that got thrown in jail because of nothing.

I understand, and to some extent agree, that if there's a boycott on Ukraine, the same kind of thing shuld be expected with Russia in 2018. That seems almost impossible because of all the economic consequences of such move, something I understand since each country should take care of its citizens before everything else. But to make speeches now and not in 2018 would be hypocrisy.

Btw just because of Russia not signing a contract it does not mean that we shouldnt care about what they do.

Look forward to being in Ukraine next month!!!

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, mind your own business.

24. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We (our politicians) do, so gtfo. It's all in Yanukovich's hand. Fact. Case closed.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show some class and follow your own suggestion.

Leave