Euro 2008 Qualifier France vs. Italy 09/06/06 pre/post match [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by SueB, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.C. Stef

D.C. Stef New Member

Aug 3, 2006

georgia sucks big time

anyhow cmon France score all your goals now...then we will see them get frustrated when they play italy

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  3. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    How do I download Active X? I have Mozilla Firefox though, might that be a problem when I try to install it?

Thanks You :eek:

4. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I use it with Firefox and works fine. Firefox uses another scripting language. In my opinion Active X is the root of internet evil when it comes to viruses and spyware !

5. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Not too sure about Mozilla Firefox as I use IE 7.0 beta version. Using Internet Explorer it will block Active X but you can allow it by right clicking at the top of the browser on the right side and then downloading. I have Mozilla on my laptop. I will play with it later tonight and let you know how to work it.

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    People said they would be satisfied with 4 points... its still in tact and wouldnt be surprised if we got it

7. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I agree. And I would prefer it getting it this new way than the other way people expected it....

Anyway, I found something interesting:

"Without Francesco Totti and Luca Toni - who led Italy's attack at the World Cup - Inzaghi and Cassano were the focal point of the offense.

Totti is taking a break from the national team until next year, and Toni is out of shape after a long post-World Cup vacation.

Seven other members of the World Cup squad were also left home.

Donadoni indicated he could make changes for Wednesday's match.

"We had five or six players in the tribune. I hope they're fresh," he said, naming Sampdoria forward Emiliano Bonazzoli as someone who could come in handy.

When Italy won its previous World Cup title in 1982, it failed to qualify for the 1984 European Championship.

The Azzurri haven't won the European title since 1968. They lost to France on a golden goal in the 2000 final."
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5929374?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=2740

8. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Saha isn't as good as Trez, but someone to be respected. Up with Henry should give the Azzurri's defense something to worry about.

9. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    ah yes, but you see the France game is the one that is supposed to be more difficult. If on Wednesday night we do have 4 points banked, it will still be somewhat of a failure because of the 2 dropped today.

10. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Not really, because France will end up behind us, and we will have won the more difficult and important match, which is what counts.

11. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But beating France would sure soften the blow :cool:

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    ..Lippi era WCQ went like this

13. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Use IE for StreamerOne. I was using Firefox and it was touch and go. Sometimes it would work, most times it wouldn't. IE works everytime.

14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

15. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for the update. France was already short-handed with Trez out with a groin injury. Saha was filling in for him & now he's out.

Could be a nice break for Italy as France will be lacking some firepower. Let's hope they make good on Wednesday.

16. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Here is what Donadoni should start vs France.

---------------Buffon-------------
    --- Oddo---Cannavaro--Barzagli--Zamb-----
    Marchionni-----Gattuso---Pirlo------De Rossi
    Bonazzoli-----Cassano

Grosso is not in form.
    Gila is not in form.
    Pippo is not an answer for a Center forward

17. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    kqql

add 1 more name (you only have 10 players listed)

18. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    Hold your horses, Saha isn't ruled out yet, nothing is official thus far--Saha could still play if it turns out to just be a bruise.

Will they be lacking the firepower that Trez or Saha give? Sure, but I think they have more than enough firepower to give us all we can handle with or without Saha and Trez. I hope we beat them, but asking for victory in France when our domestic league hasn't started and we're missing some of our world class defenders(Nesta, Matrix) and Forwards(Toni, Totti) is a big task.

19. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    besides, it's not like they are hurting for a supply of players. If a modest player like Danilovicious of Livorno can score against us, there are countless others in the French League with better quality that can do the same.

20. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't say it wasn't going to be a big task, now did I?

Far from it, but I was pointing out it could be a decent break for Italy who need a big game. Not having the likes of Trez and (possibly) Saha creates better match-ups for our defense.

21. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Again, I'm not focusing on France's lack of firepower. I didn't say after Trez & Saha there is some huge drop-off in talent. They'll still have Henry who is an elite player and the pool of strikers after him will be world class too. But, losing two key members of their attack makes our match-ups more favorable, correct?

22. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    You're blowing yesterday's goal way out of proportion. It was more of a fluke than anything else, and Buffon was simply unable to see it. I doubt we'll see anything like it on Wednesday.

23. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    You do know that they had 2 chances right before that right ? Including one that was easier than the goal that they ended up getting (even though we were playing well, they still created chances out of nothing)

No fluke about it. Early on, something was not right in the back.

24. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Of course the Lithuanians came out fighting in the beginning. But it was definitely a fluke. The Lithuanians charged early on, and Buffon was unprepared for the shot. No goalkeeper in my opinion could have reacted fast enough to stop that goal.

25. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    No. It would have been a fluke had that been their only chance to score. But it wasn't. They had 2 chances BEFORE that. Forget the goal itself, look at the 2 other times they breached our defence.