Euro 2008 Qualifier France vs. Italy 09/06/06 pre/post match [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by SueB, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    To those in Canada

Someone said that TLN will be showing the France Qualifier, but nothing about the Lithuania game

I e-mailed TLN to see if they are going to broadcast either game. I hope to hear something on Monday (and will relay the message here) as they are pretty good with replying to e-mails with regards to their calcio broadcasts.

RAI Internaitonal will DEFINITELY be showing the Lithuania game on Sept 2. Will just have to wait until Monday to see when their site gets updated for Saturdays France game. But seeing as how both TLN and TV5 will likely be showing the game, we may not need to depend on RAI International.

2. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    People can say what they want to say, but at the end of the day the records still do, and always will say "Italia--2006 World Cup Champions".

It doesn't mean a thing if France beats us IN France, the World Cup Final was played, it's over, done with, nothing anyone says can take what our Azzurri accomplished away.

Besides the World Cup Final should have NEVER went into extra time, Luca Toni headed in the game winner somewhere around the 66th minute but was called offside, which the replays show he was not offside at the moment the ball was struck, which is when it counts. He was offside as Materazzi ran up to the ball, but the moment he struck it the last defender had put Luca Toni onside.

I feel kinda bad for Luca, he hit the post on a header, and had the go ahead goal taken away because of a close(but wrong) offside call-- :mad:

Furthermore we're playing in France, so were we to lose(I hope not, Cassano to the rescue! :D ) it wouldn't indicate much since it was in France, which I imagine will be loud as hell because we beat them.

3. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Azzurri in the USA, you do not think that Italy is capable of beating France in Paris?

Pabs
    Thank goodness (about the Lithuania game). I wasn't absolutely sure if RAI International was going to show it....They will definitely also show the France game.....right?

4. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    I think they can, but realistically, France is strong as it is, add in they want revenge plus a rabid fan base--and it won't be easy. So in essence I'm just very cautious. I like our chances though, especially if Cassano plays, the French won't know what hit em with Cassano! It's a big plus that Cassano has probably played the most games thus far out of the guys that are likely to get the call, so he's pretty sharp right now.

5. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    holy sh1t what a strike..

7. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    TLN probably picked up the France game because they know RAI International won't broadcast it. They did the same thing last September when they picked up the rights for the World Cup qualifier in Scotland.

8. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    for some reason rai international can't show italy's away games only home games.

9. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I'm not worried about the fans, or the "revenge" thirst.

The Germans as well wanted "revenge" for all the times Italy defeated them in a World Cup, and they had all of their fans on their side...

We can beat them, even without Cassano, although I'd naturally want him there.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    They CAN, it just tends to cost them a lot of money to secure the rights from the home federation, so they usually don't.

11. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

For those of you that do not have access to TLN or TV5 go to this site:

www.streamerone.it

Download their software. After doing this there should be a couple of test channels. Test 2 260 kbps is Rai Uno a direct stream from Italy. I have already checked and they are showing the game.

12. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    The French must really be scared of us if they are resorting to blocking Makelele and Thuram from retirement. LOL

French pride was hurt real bad. Awww...poor frogs. Do they really think they can make up for it by a ECQ game in Sep? LOL I certainly would love to see a victory in Paris, but even a tie will please me because they'll still be seething :)

Italia: Campione Del Mondo Per La Quarta Volta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Raymond Domenech must not have seen in his tarot cards that Claude Makelele didn't want to play for France after the World Cup.

I wonder if Domenech will recall Zidane too after his 3 match ban

[​IMG]

and how about Dhorasoo

[​IMG]

14. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Don't be surprised if Zidane is called back, it may happen.

15. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Don't be ridiculous… Zidane has retired, full stop.

16. D.C. Stef

D.C. Stef New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    how pathetic is this coach?

calling up these guys who clearly want to retire...hopefully Gattuso runs circles around Makalele and Cassano burns Thuram for a goal which sends them both back into retirement

17. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    That's what was said just before Domenech called him up for the World Cup 2006. Expect anything from this insane coach....

DC Stef
    Gattuso probably will be able to do it, too! I'm sure Italy will do well in Paris.

18. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think it's pathetic that a coach has to beg a player to play for his country, or worse threaten him...

From that Fox Sports Article...

"I told him where I stood, he told me where he stood. We still have the law for us. I spoke a lot with Claude and told him that he was not obliged to come and play with us, but also that it would be better if he did feel obliged to."

Are you kidding me??? If he doesn't want to play for France anymore, let it go. What an idiot!

19. Pabs

Pabs Red Card

Jul 29, 2006
    Earth
    It's extremely odd.

Personally if I were a manager I would only be selected players that WANT to play. How many times do we see the less talented, but highly motivated player/team come out on top of their opponent that is more talented, but not motivated.

At first I was saying I would be happy with a draw. Not anymore. I think 3 points is definitely obtainable.

20. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    For what's it worth ,Super Cup Ratings for Italian players who could be on Donadoni's call up for the next 2 games.

21. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well lets not underrate frants here.. they do got henry and a solid Mid... but its funny how Saha and Govou play ahead of Trezeguet lmao

you know your a bad coach when....

22. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Aquilani

Here's a guy with a bright future. Talk about a strong central midfielder with a nice scoring touch. He reminds me of a young Giannini with Roma. He's not your Pirlo-type regista to just sit in front of the defense. He really attacks the box well and maintains nice possession on the ball. His goals were both sweet.

Man, we are truly stacked in central midfield. How funny is this era? Stacked in the midfield and now running thin on defenders!

23. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    [QUOTE='Uaglio]Aquilani

Here's a guy with a bright future. Talk about a strong central midfielder with a nice scoring touch. He reminds me of a young Giannini with Roma. He's not your Pirlo-type regista to just sit in front of the defense. He really attacks the box well and maintains nice possession on the ball. His goals were both sweet.

Man, we are truly stacked in central midfield. How funny is this era? Stacked in the midfield and now running thin on defenders![/QUOTE]

'Uaglio, I don't think Italy will ever have to worry about defense, we've had excellent ones since the 1930s Italian team! It is a funny era though. I do agree on Aquilani, though, he was excellent today.

:p :p

24. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess that we can definitely expect to see Cassano get some playing time in these friendlies
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug27b.html

Cassano plays tommorrow when madrid takes on villereal to give anyone a heads up, I think it's at 1 est, if capello continues with the anderlecht lineup, then Cassano should get plenty of time, if not the full 90.