Eto'o's Injury

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by hoss23, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I bet he often misses when trying to put the popcorn into his wide open mouth...:p

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am completely in favor of this switch. Let's give Guddy's good leg to Sammy and keep Eidur on the disabled list.

3. Richarded

Richarded Member

May 16, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    guddy has a good leg?

4. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    awww man.

i don't know why but I'm still a big fan of Gudjohnsen. It's like knowing that if you eat something you'll puke, but you still eat it anyway.

maybe because he's very good on my FIFA 2007 team...maybe because he's the only blonde icelandic dude on the team...but i hope Guddy can figure something out and still be an important part of this team.

I'll never forget that hopefull goal he had against Liverpool in the CL. Hate him or not, that was CLUTCH.

5. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    I agree.

I certainly do not dislike the guy at all...it's just that, like most of us, he wasn't born with the talent of an Eto'o or Henry.

Again, maybe a great guy, but I can't see the team winning La Liga and/or the CL with him as the main striker.

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My earlier response was towards the notion that Gudjohnsen "can take Eto's spot".
    I like Guddy, he seems an okay bloke.
    But, uh, no, can't play him ahead of Henry.

7. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

It5 would be better if Dos Santos played ahead of Eidur. The Icelander is truely more suited for Ronaldinho's position up front which is more of an attacking midfielder/behind the striker.

No striker could miss that many sitter with the exception of Forlan.

8. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Spreading some rep and whatnot...great idea though :D

9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    it would also be better to play bojan ahead of eidur.

on the other hand, one place that i could see guddy making himself useful would be in midfield in case one of the little guys get injured. he could do that job quite well and he'd be fourth choice as opposed to seventh.

10. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good to see you back and kickin chico.

11. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    Rikjaard has apparently told Eidur to shove it and told him to take the Tottenham Jig. Seems Eidur enjoys Santis company and his daughter :rolleyes:. No need to worry as Bojan will get priority over the failed Larson role experiment. Looks like we will have to wait to get rid of him till the Winter transfer season

12. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This has to be the only reason he is still at Barca!

13. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In some irony news:
    Gudjohnsen to Seek Midfield Redemption?

Either he reads our boards or truely wants to find a place at Barca. Either way it is the best direction for him. It is such a shame MVB is gone because he was so different in his style of play that it helped us when he was subbed on.