Eto'o: I'm not appreciated

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by ibby, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. Roscoe P Coldchain

Sep 14, 2004
    Westside St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mike Wilborn on Pardon the Interruption said yesterday something to the fact that winning is the deodorant that masks any stench in the clubhouse. If Barca keeps winning I'm sure this will pass through. Good article but nothing that I see to be worried about. Just the usual grumbles. But thanks for putting it up. Thank ya now...Roscoe!

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is a huge non-issue. Eto'o isn't upset with Barcelona. He didn't say he feels unappreciated at Barcelona. As a matter of fact, he says quite the opposite, that he plays for what he feels is the best club in the world, and is paid handsomely for that privilege. He feels unappreciated by segments of the voting media. that has nothing to do with Barcelona and how he feels about the club. Again, a total non-issue.

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, we already HAD a thread on this. With a VERY SIMILAR title.

5. futbolmad

futbolmad New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I'm NOT so sure. Eto'o's performance at Barca, measured against Ronnie -- and I'm going purely on stats, was superior. To rank him tenth in Europe was an insult. To be sure, there are those who advance the one-sided argument, that without Ronnie, Eto'o is "useless". Well, the same could be said of Ronnie before Eto'o came along to Barca (because Barca did not win the Liga, with Ronnie's 2 years or so, absent Eto'o). Eto'o's goals were the major determinant in Barca's winning the 2004/05 Liga championship, no question about it. And now he is surpassing himself. The Liga is not even 1/2 way through and he's slotted home 17 goals (51 total for a team he only joined a little over a year ago; to date Ronnie has 50 during his ENTIRE tenure at Barca). Let me paraphrase Eto'o: he said that for an African to gain recognition he needs to score 50 goals. Well, he certainly seems headed that way this season, barring some serious injury! Sometimes I wonder why Ronnie is really pushing for Henry to join Barca?? Perhaps dilute the efforts of unstoppable Eto'o (Henry is on the wane anyways)?? Feel free to comment or correct me, but I will not respond to insults, thanks.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    But, would Eto'o even have those stats without Ronaldinho?

7. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Considering his form before he joined barca, I'm sure he would.

8. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    HE'S NOT APPRECIATED BY THE FRENCH MEDIA

I saw the interview and he didn't say anything at all about not being appreciated by Barcelona.
    Instead he said:
    "The media keeps on saying that I'm jeolous.
    Jeolous of what? I play in the best team in the World..."
    He also said:
    "The french media don't pay attention to all the things that I have accomplished. Tell me somebody else that has accomplished more than me in the last year?
    He said that because he didn't think that he was going to be in the top 3 of the FIFA World player.

BTW, Eto'o today scored he's goal #50 in Barcelona, 50 goals in about a year and 1/2.
    - In 17 games, Eto'o has scored a goal to ALL the teams in La Liga
    - Eto'o has scored 17 goals at this moment. With this pace he could reach 34 goals.

9. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

yeah i wonder why ronnie is pushing so hard for henry?you know eto'o will not take it too kindly that his buddy ronnie wants henry which might mean to eto'o that all his good work is not appreciated but then again maybe eto'o wants henry too because i think before ronnie makes such a huge push for henry, he and eto'o might have discussed this to make sure its alright and not because he does not appreciate eto'o but more like to have a stronger team and also to keep henry from joining Real. Ronnie aint stupid! he is great friends with Eto'o well like a brother to Eto'o and they have such a marvelous chemistry and they are still young and together they can lift each other to unimaginable heights. you know every great player wants a chance to play with another great player and i guess that is why ronnie wants henry! by the way Eto'o is the most devastating striker in the world right now! i dont think barca will wanna let him go and there is no way Eto'o sit on the bench for henry because he is at his prime now and he is about 6yrs younger than henry and ronnie knows this too!ronnie has good intentions! trust me on this!

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I know no one on Earth believes me when I say this, but Henry, Ronaldinho, and Eto'o can play on the pitch at the same time. Play a 5 man midfield, put Henry and Ronaldinho on the 2 left mid...Eto'o and Messi up front or rotate. The possibilities are endless.

11. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTH? Ronaldinho had ONE season at Barcelona before Eto'o, not "two seasons or so." He didn't win La Liga, no...but they did finish second. So now Ronaldinho is flawed because he only finished second place in his first season with a team under brand new management?

Eto'o was the most important signing before last season, yes, but not by much. They also snagged a playmaker by the name of Deco, who was hugely important last season. They also added Giuly, Sylvinho, and Belletti as starting or at least part-time starting players.

The team won the league last year because they were the best team...and not because of just Eto'o, or just Ronaldinho.

Ronnie is pushing for TH14 because Henry is a great player, and would help us win matches. I'm sorry that you don't like insults, but your post is pretty close to an insult. Why would Ronnie want to dilute Eto'o accomplishments if he gets all the credit for them, as you say?

If Henry came in and scored goals, he would take more spotlight away from Ronaldinho than Eto'o does because Henry is a popular player already.

And nobody could ever claim that Ronaldinho is useless without Eto'o because the one season that he played at Barcelona without Eto'o, he was first acclaimed as the world's best player. The 2003/2004 season was the foundation for Ronnie's player of the year awards.

So stop trying to invent something where there is nothing. You must work for the English press, because this is the type of story I always read from those sources. Read the whole article, not just the title, and tell me where it says there is anything but comaraderie between two of the world's greatest players.

12. futbolmad

futbolmad New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks for the reminder. But that was only 1/2 of what I said. Here is the other half: (because Barca did not win the Liga, with Ronnie's 2 years or so, absent Eto'o)

13. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, I think they can all play together too. The question, which you touched on, is can the following 6 players all play at the same time?

Ronaldinho
    Eto'o
    Henry
    Messi
    Deco
    Xavi

I have a friend that is an Arsenal supporter, and he has, over recent weeks, started to talk about Henry playing at Barca more. I think Henry's recent dip in form is the catalyst! :)

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henry, Eto'o, Messi
    ........Ronnie
    DM better than Edmilson or Rafa, Xavi

that is the only way it could work and I wouldnt like it at all. I would be very happy to get Henry if Eto'o, Henry, and Ronnie all agreed that they would be more than happy to rotate for eachother, but i personally dont think it would happen.

15. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of 1/2...it was 1 year, and they finished second.