ESPNZone Survey On Soccer

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by helmet, Oct 23, 2003.

1. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    I'm a frequent visitor to ESPN's website and one day I was asked to join their ESPNZone to do surveys. I did it so I could give them input on soccer and today it paid off. After answering some general sports surveys identifying my interests, and some ones in which I said Playmakers was stupid, a waste of time and money, and racist, I finally was sent a survey on soccer today.

I just filled it out. It's focus was on which leagues do I watch, categorized as MLS, Europe, and Latin America. It asked which teams I support, on which channels I watch soccer (ESPN, 2, FSW), and from what sources I get team news. It asked if I liked the mens and/or women's world cup and what I thought of recent WWC coverage on their networks. Finally, it asked for -- get this -- what improvements ESPN could do in covering soccer. I said more coverage on Sportscenter and a Soccer2Night type show.

Did anyone else do this survey? I hope they take it seriously and I'm actually encouraged that they bothered to ask.

2. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    HOLY SH!T... ESPN does soccer poll

Sign up (if you haven't already) at www.espnviewerzone.com Survey is about your love of MLS, Eurosoccer and soccer on ESPN PPV. Whatever. Show the game some love.

3. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine today was about the NFL.

4. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    On which you hopefully suggested, "Duct tape the mouths of Sean Salisbury and Joe Theisman."

5. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Threads merged.

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

Close. I actually don't mind Joe so much. But they asked why I liked Madden and Michaels more than the Sunday ESPN game crew and I said something along the lines of that referring to Maguire.

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't been asked to do a survey in a while there.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    same here........

9. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got it, and pumped MLS as much as possible.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    same here.....

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  12. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    You have probably already been identified as a soccer fan by those in charge of the surveys.

They want to make sure that you do not skew the results in favor of soccer and then are forced to show more of it.

:)

13. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    i just signed up yesterday. do they email the surveys out or are they on the site?

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Just go to the soccer web boards there, especially the ESPN and MLS thread ..... and tell ESPN what you would like to see on MLS telecasts....