ESPN's Top 25

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCU9ted, Sep 4, 2002.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Check it out....

http://espn.go.com/soccer/1999/1020/124746.html

When is DC gonna make it on this list? We should be up there! We tied Boca Juniors! (The worst DC United game Ive ever went to)

Seriously, do you think an MLS team will ever make it on this list?

2. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someday but not until we can play against European competition on a regular basis.

TS.

3. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    We could make it on there if MLS teams are ever allowed to enter the Copa Libertadores (and they do really well).

Of course, they're just computer rankings, but I agree it would be pretty cool to see MLS teams there one day.

4. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    The MLS would have to do as the Mexicans to play in Libertadores. Establish a pre-libertadores tournament with a CONMEBOL nation, top two winners go on to Libertadores. Mexico has its contract with Venezuela and theirs expires on 03. I think CONMEBOL wants to move away from that because they want to reinforce their group, that is why they want to establish a tournament involving 32 teams; 16 from CONMEBOL and 16 from CONCACAF giving MExico 4 spots, the rest 2 or 1.

5. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we actually did make the lower levels of the list. I seem to remember right after the InterAmerican Cup was when we had respect, and the team to back it up.