ESPN Article: "UEFA threaten leagues with European competition ban if they void season"

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by EvanJ, Apr 5, 2020.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-ch...82615/uefa-threatens-european-competition-ban is titled "UEFA threaten leagues with European competition ban if they void season." Belgium canceled the rest of their season and declared Club Brugge champion, but they and other Belgian clubs may or may not be allowed in the 2020-2021 CL and EL. It would be a big deal if any of the top leagues did not resume their seasons. Maybe Belgium should hope for that to happen. UEFA might be willing to ban Belgian clubs, but not ban Spanish and Belgian clubs. If La Liga doesn't resume and UEFA tries to ban Belgian clubs while letting Spanish clubs get away with the same thing because they make more money for UEFA, the Belgian league should appeal to CAS. I know I'm giving hypotheticals.

2. keremistanbul

keremistanbul Member

Fenerbahçe
    Turkey
    Sep 6, 2015
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    very unlikely

BocaFan repped this.
  3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup, not happening. I hope this is just fake news and not UEFA trying to be dicks. Can't punish anyone when every member of your association is doing the same thing - i.e. not completing the season.