ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ (Now with Tommy Smyth!)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Oct 8, 2003.

1. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Damn.... now i'm even more upset about not being able to make it to NH's. Will Tommy make the trip to the game?? He should be there!!

2. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    whats the earliest anyone plans on gettin to 16a??...i'd love to get there well before 4 or 5, but if no one else is there before 5, i wont be able to juggle a ball for long after a bunch of beers, haha...

3. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    I won't be able to get there until 6 (stupid job!).

4. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Sorry for the late response, but put me down for 6 spots on the bus. I'll get in touch with one a yous Tuesday.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Just making sure I'm on the bus......

6. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    This bus?

[​IMG]

7. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    man this made my day...thank you

8. staab

staab New Member

Nov 22, 2001
    Bethpage, NY
    hey, new to the board, want to go to the final on wednesday. I got a few questions and I was hoping you guys could help me out. Anyone know the best way to get to the stadium from upstate new york albany area? I gotta leave at 4 -5 pm wednesday and I want to make sure I get there as fast as I can. Also, whats the deal with tickets, I never went to a game without tix in hand, can I just pick them up at the gate or can i call ahead or something to save time? thanks guys, cannot wait till the game
    richstaab@yahoo.com

9. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    joe,

got ya down. I asked the man to have the band play "Timebomb" by Rancid, but I'm not sure if they technically take requests.

NJpsycho,

We're planning to leave around 6, so it might not be worth it to rush into the city to rush back out again. Your call, but if we have to leave without ya we have to leave without ya.

NYR metro is on the same bus as the rest of us, but he does have to ride in the bathroom....

Staab,

The best way from upstate is taking 87 south to the Garden State Parkway South, then take Route 17 South (left exit) to Route 120 (Patterson Plank Road) East. That will take you right to the stadium. On tickets, the stadium holds 80,000 and they typically arrange something like 30,000 available for the game. So, you can just walk up to gate B, C, or D and buy tickets. We will be in section 101, tickets for which are only available from Gate C, and you'll likely need to meet us in lot 16A to get a membership to get into the section. Thanks for making the trip down, we'll see you there.

10. staab

staab New Member

Nov 22, 2001
    Bethpage, NY
    awesome, thanks

11. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    I am new to this board and I want to be on the bus(es).

Already eamiled the supporters club but I also want to be in the same section as you guys.

How do get tickets to section 101?

Do I have to join?

How much is the membership?

12. _chachi

_chachi New Member

Mar 15, 1999
    new jersey, usa
    the capital district represents! actually, this is not the best way. take exit 15 from 87 south. that is the exit for 17 south. taking 87 south to exit 14a (parkway) adds about 15 miles to your trip.

13. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Ask someone for their membership card in lot 16A then go to the ESC window and buy your ticket. No, you don't have to join. Membership is $10.

14. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ (Now with Tommy Smyth!)

No you don't, but the more people we have signed up, involved, and perhaps even active in the running of the club (at some point), the better. There's a lot more we can do if we've just got the manpower.

15. staab

staab New Member

Nov 22, 2001
    Bethpage, NY
    Im going tomorrow and Im joining ESC, but whats the deal with sitting in 101? I imagine youd get the worst view of the field from there

16. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheapest ticket + worldwide tradition of the end or curve being where the most hardcore supporters put themselves (the two go hand in hand, actually).

17. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Re: Re: Re: ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ (Now with Tommy Smyth!)

I assumed that he/she thought that they HAD to become a member in order to sit in section 101.

18. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: ESC's Mother of all Open Cup Final threads; MUST READ (Now with Tommy Smyth!)

Oh I know. I just felt like making the point ;)

19. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Actually I want to be around the more vocal bunch.

Its nice to know I can sit in that section without joining but I will join anyway.

I will be at bar by about 2pm. I can pick up the tickets (bus and game) there right?

If so these tickets will be for sect 101 right?

Thanks.

20. LOS PIRANAS

LOS PIRANAS New Member

Dec 13, 2001
    REPPEN ALL OF JERSEY
    PREPARE TO SING

ALL OF YOU GUYS..PREPARE TO SING!!! LOUD.. IF EVERYONE COULD BRING IN A BAG OF RED AND BLACK BALLOONS!! I THINK I WOULD LOOK GREAT IN SEC 101!! I AM DEF NOT MISSING THIS GAME.. WAITING 4 THIS ALL MY LIFE.....

21. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    All,

Thanks to all of those who have RSVP'd, we have filled the first bus, 55 seats

We are now working on the second bus, so please let's fill that one too. Bus and match tickets go on sale at 2pm, first come first served for those who haven't rsvp'd.

Yes, the tickets are for section 101.

22. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    C- put me down for a match and bus ticket.

23. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    okay, cuz.

I have you on the seat next to Bill Archer ;).

24. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    Sorry, I would prefer not to ride the short bus. If that's all that's available, maybe Bill will lend me his extra headgear.

25. SteveB

SteveB New Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Nanuet, NY
    Can't wait for the game! I won't be in 101, not that I'm an ESC member, but my 9 year old daughter who will be with me has been practicing chants and songs so if you hear a munchkin singing along with you you'll know its my little girl.
    I really wish I could be with the hard core. It does feel a little lonely cheering and chanting when surrounded by hand sitters. Although I am fairly sure that I know the answer can someone please tell me that bringing a kid into 101 would be a REALLY bad idea just so I don't say I wish I had.