Esc

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by sccrhound, Oct 16, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Have they not freken learned yet? Why is it so damn hard to advertise to the 20 / 30 drinking crowd? Yes advertise to the kids, but don;t ignore everyone else...

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Screw cheap seats. Why don't you let the entire world in for free.

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Ditto my response from the post above.

I know we've spoken about this before "red&black," but come on now. Somebody's got to pay a reasonable price for tickets. And I think that tickets are pretty resonably priced as it is.

4. tengobotas

tengobotas New Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    They need to do something because the metros are in one of the biggest markets in the country with one of the worst attendances. You also have to consider that there is an enormous inconvenience getting to games which adds another $7 to the ticket price, and that is without subway fair which is another $4 round trip. At this point, a $10 ticket would then be $21 after transportation and the metrostars are hardly worth it. I support them and will continue to support my local team, but I can also understand why so many people dont go because its just not worth it. If they want people to spend their money and time going out to games then the MLS and Metrostars need to give something back on the field.

Just my opinion.

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right they have to give something back on the field, but how are they supposed to pay to get the players?

BTW, how much would it cost you to go to a Ranger's and sit right behind the goal?

Nothing is free.

6. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally posted by tengobotas
    They need to do something because the metros are in one of the biggest markets in the country with one of the worst attendances.

Not true. The attendence is very unsatisfactory, but it's not 'one of the worst'. Even with the inflation of attendence numbers.

You also have to consider that there is an enormous inconvenience getting to games which adds another $7 to the ticket price, and that is without subway fair which is another $4 round trip. At this point, a $10 ticket would then be $21 after transportation and the metrostars are hardly worth it.

What would make it 'worth it'? Whats the standard? All around the world there are teams that aren't Manchester United, Real Madrid or Juventus - in fact there's plenty who are a damn sight worse than the Metros, and cost just as much in money and inconvenience, but yet fans find a way to keep supporting. I thought the Metros gave us plenty on the field this year (the front office, well that's a different story).

I'm not talking about you here - you say you're behind the team and will be - but what do you believe someone who says 'they're not worth it' expects, and do you really think they'd ever be satisfied?

7. tengobotas

tengobotas New Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    that post wasnt necessarily completely my opinion but the opinion of many people that i talk to who enjoy watching soccer, but who also dont take the time to go see the metrostars...

8. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I know. I know the kind of people you're talking about, too. I just don't know whether making things 'good enough' for them is possible, at least in the short/medium-term.

9. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  11. webster2003

webster2003 Red Card

Nov 4, 2003
    looks like 200 or so

12. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    If the flags were held right they would look nice, but some people can't watch the game if they are holding something in their hands.

13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    counted 242 in 101 during the cup final.
    there wasn't much going on at the time.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  15. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    More like 150. Taking into account overweight... probably about 100.

16. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    It actually was 200, but about 75 of us aren't in that shot as we had to lead the cows on and off the pitch during halftime to graze on the fieldturf.

Back to the grasshopper, if you please.

17. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a quick question about membership. I joined late, right before the home playoff game against New England. So does this carry over to the 2004 season, or do I have to rejoin for that? Not complaining if I do have to rejoin, I was just wondering how it works out.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Not that I know anything...... but I would assume you would have to purchase a 2004 membership card. But maybe they could accomodate ya? I dunno.

I can't wait for the January 18 ESC membership drive / USA-Denmark at Nathan Hales thingy.....

19. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Bro, that isn't official yet, so chill before you freeze.

Membership is for that year only, so you need to sign up again. It isn't on a calendar year basis.

20. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Most accurate thing you've said ;)

Sorry I just couldn't resist it .

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Oh yea. I forgot to mention that the Nathan Hales event is just something that I hope happens. Nothing official has been announced as of yet.....

22. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't you glad he's back.

And how did he pick up a yellow so quickly?

23. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Worst cowboys I've ever seen :D