ESC - Worst US supporters

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Metrogo, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Well, sat in 101 for the GC final today. The ESC shouted down every spontaneous chant that they didn't lead. It was disgusting. For example, the first yellow card the US got, there was no chant happening. A few start singing "I'm blind, 'm deaf, I'm a concacaf ref", and they get shouted down by the trumpet player, the ESC's own Don rickles, metroflip, and a few other ESC guys I recognize. Apparently, if they're not singing for the US, no one can.

Onionsack strikes me as a fairly reasonable and smart guy, but he just punts on this stuff, "go talk to Brent (metroflip). When I talk to metroflip, he just walks away. Thankfully, a good friend stopped me from slapping the glasses off of his sad face.

Anyone with any knowledge of many of the ESC guys can tell that these are people who have little authority and control over their own lives. Just look at their relationship with their own team .. Red Bull players call them losers on their facebook pages, Red Bull executives call the cops on them, their front office just laughs at them, so it's not totally surprising that they would want to assert some control at the US game. Which is fine, but not to the detriment of our team. the united states national team.

Personally, I will never sit in 101 again for any game. Ever. And while i do not speak for the Borough Boys, I do know that if the rest of us were to choose not to sit in 101 (again, not my decision), we could work out something with the Red Bull front office, with whom we actually have a better, more familiar relationship than the ESC.

Nice job ESC, next time you will be 50 nerd strong in the first two rows, all by yourselves.

2. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is old news:p

3. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I know. It would be great if we can all get together for the usmnt. Instead, we get a bunch of sad f**ks who only know how to jerk each other off.

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been an issue also at DC with Sammers or whoever not agreeing with DCU bringing in their banners and/or wearing DCU gear. I don't recall this happening in Columbus. It was all unity in Columbus, screw a beef. The problem it seems is that club loyalty gets in the way with some of the song and chants. I'm catch 22 with that aspect because some club songs/chants are legit enough for Nats matches, BUT I can understand why a group of people might not participate because "that's Columbus, or Chicago, or DCU yo, I'm not down with that."

5. Fkesoccer

Fkesoccer New Member

Jul 22, 2001
    Don't worry, you guys weren't heard at all in most parts of the stadium.

Not being a jerk, just telling the truth.

So, no worries.

6. Beto

Beto New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    NOLA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    hey look everybody, its an internet tough guy! Oh my!

7. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I wish I could say i'm just an internet tough guy, but ask metroflip himself how close I was to hitting his fat face.

And yeah, I sat in 133 for the second half, not wanting to be subjected to the ESC's stupidity, and you couldn't hear a f-in thing. Nada.

8. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

You haven't been in a USA section in a while i assume, but songs get shouted off all the time. Just because you think yours is clever doesn't make it so. In large sections you follow the drums and brass leading the songs because when too many people start songs on their own the either die because they sucked in the first place or even worse 3 different songs get started at once.

9. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Understood, but these were neutrals being shouted down by the ESC nerds. I mean ffs, an anti ref chant getting shouted down after a us player gets a yellow because ESC didn't start it. Losers beyond belief.

10. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said you almost fell over down the stairs and he had to catch you to keep you from hurting yourself

That's because YOU left silly and we no longer had your deafening blind ref song to resonate through the Meadowlands.:cool:

11. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this what you meant when you told me in the stands your trying to start a club rivalry between our clubs?

To be fair your the only one looking like a loser around here.

12. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I don't know who that is. Anyway, you and your geek patrol don't see me that often because I don't sit with you for the US games, just like I didn't want to be associated with you when I had metro season tickets. Regardless, not singing along, and your pudge faced little friend metroflip actively shouting other people down are two different stories.

And the real truth is you guys sucked today, it's being discussed on your own (metrofanatic) boards. You're all whining like bitches about why the us supporters sucked today, as if you all have nothing to do with it. Typical. ESC, the impotents of major league soccer.

13. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    No, not at all. I expected us all to get along today. I start sh!t with you on the boards, sometimes just to get a little action, a little rivalry going. I was gracious enough to talk to you about that before the game.

The truth is everyone knows in US soccer what losers you and your supporters are. For christ sake at your home bar you get booted to the basement so the limey ex-pats can watch a U-21 friendly. Your team doesn't care about you, that's apparent. Eric Stover told me so in the Red Bull offices ("we're not worried what a bunch of guys who sit behind the goal say on the internet" is the exact quote).

And it showed today. You not only sucked, but when anyone else tried to get anything going, you and your 25 friends (you were smaller than our group today, by the way) shouted it down. PAthetic -- to be fair.

This time I'm serious onion, don't ask me or the BBs for help again. Next time your team treats you and your members like sh!t, you're on your own.

14. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Generally the home supporters take the lead in all the stadiums we are at Since you don't travel you probably don't know that. In Philly the DVI and SoB were the hosts and all the other brigades just followed their lead. Same for here, same for when we were in Chicago,Columbus, etc.

That "pudge faced" little friend has 1000x more credibility with USA fans than you ever will. He is pretty well respected for his USA support all over the country by multiple groups..you are a fuckng nobody pissed that someone started a louder song over your canned ref song. Get a grip.

15. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    it wasn't my song. I don't try to start songs. It wasn't even the BBs songs.

As to Flip's interpretation, that's because he's the internet tough guy who runs away from any -- even genial -- confrontation. Onion man, if you're in the business of defending that dude, you're going to have a long, uphill battle for making your club matter.

I've said my piece. I'm done here and done with you all.

16. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Nice straw men arguments onion. That was one example. And it's funny, when you wanted to sue Red Bull and the NJSEA, suddenly I wasn't a f-in nobody. You asked me for help and I helped you and your sad troop out. Though again, true to ESC form you all bent over and took it like the sad sacks you are.

As for travel, whatever, I've traveled up and down the east coast to see the USMNT as a younger mnan. Now I have a family now, so, you know, taking off for a couple of days of travel isn't as easy as it used to be. But my experience with games in new england and dc, frankly (and the DC guys can be d!cks no doubt) was still a better, more open and inclusive experience than your insular little cadre dungeon and dragons players.

17. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why their team is rock bottom of the table, their sales department is way behind projections, nobody still cares much about NYRB and that that entire FO is likely being replaced by Austria at the end of the year.

Its funny you bring this up though because those people that dont like us asked us what we wanted to do with you BB guys for this game...left it up to us to decide weather you would get tickets in 101 or 102. I said we have to issues with them we're all US fans so by all means give them 101...right about now i wish i'd have said 102 and let you enjoy starting your song(s) in the Green Sea.

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    oh they like you. After all, not many are willing to be treated like sh!t and pay for the privelege. What's not to like about that? They just don't respect you.

19. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, i still have the PM's. You approached me and said you'd be willing to help with any efforts against the NJSEA because you fukin hate them and the need to be dealt with. We tossed around some ideas if we needed to take it to that level..but ESC met with the FO and NJSEA and worked out a new deal that removed them from 101 for games and replaced them with FO staff as well as lifting bans on all our members. Rendering legal action moot for us.

Any more myths you need me to debunk?

20. Q Exp

Q Exp Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Sorry to hear that people were shouted down (if this happened). We're all US Supporters so we should be supporting each other in chants, not shouting others down, as long as it's not racist. I suspect we have a lot of upset individuals because of what happened at the Meadowlands today. Maybe we just need time to cool off.

With that said, the US section could barely be heard today. The Mexican fans were LOUD.

21. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Followed 6 minutes later with:

So, apparently not done, then? :rolleyes:

22. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metrogo : I understand your frustration at songs being shouted down, but sometimes in the Supporters section it's way better if there is actually a leader, or a group of people , leading the songs. It doesn't bode well for anyone if there are multiple songs going on at one time.

With that being said some fans do need to be a little more open to other ideas, as I have seen this at games sometimes when fans act like their songs are the only that matter.

Metroflip is a great guy, and does have a lot of credibility among US fans. He was great to the SCB when we met him in Columbus, and I look forward to singing with him again.

Everyone just needs to calm down, and work together at the next US home game.

The SCB will be road tripping it up to SLC, so I hope I see some of you guys there !

We are all US fans, and our opinions may differ sometimes, but let's calm down and be rational about this. If you choose not to sit with the ESC next game, that's your choice and there is nothing any of us can do about it. But not every game has a bit of hostility among US fans, usually everyone works together and makes it work.

23. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    How's your MLS team doing?

24. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Word.

25. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002