ESC Ticketing Details for Wed Cup Tie v Columbus

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Empire Supporters Club

Feb 7, 2000
    NYC
    The Empire Supporters Club will travel to Mitchel Field on Wednesday, August 7th to support Metro in their quarterfinal Cup tie v Columbus.

All members must show their 2002 ESC membership cards at the Mitchel Field box office to be ticketed in the ESC/Metro home end at the $12 group discount price.

The ESC will be ticketed in section 122 of the West/Main Stand, our traditional home at Mitchel Field, behind the away bench. ;)

Tickets go on sale at 3:00pm on Wednesday afternoon. Make plans to beat what have always been major lines at the ticket windows.

Banners are permitted, flagpoles are not.

The Power are also running a shuttle from the Mineola Station on the LIRR.

Come on, Metro

2. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    What Time are people showing up at Mitchell??? I may bring my grill, but don't know when I'm showing up

3. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the stadium. The Power has done a nice job fixing it up. Too bad they are pretty bad on the field. Absolutely no midfield.

Mineola has a lot of trains. Good choice for launching a shuttle. Two other stations are slightly closer, but Mineola has many more trains that stop there.

I'm all 100% for Harrison, but I hope that Mitchell becomes the next choice if Harrison can't get pushed through.

4. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I would be too, if Metro could run shutles from Mineola or Hempstead. Maybe the Power would be open to sharing and DHs -- or may be they will be gone next season -- to Portland or where ever.

Could Metro save enough by not renting the Swamp to afford running a shuttle? Hey, charge us a buck. It could be worth it.

5. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Can someone tell me which trains to take to get there? Which are the easiest ones, etc.

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/lirr/

Take the Port Jefferson line from Penn Station. Buy a ticket from the machine, and follow the line of suits to the platform. Unless you leave at 3, expect the train to be packed.