ESC roadtrip: New England v Metro, Sat, Sept 21st

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Jul 23, 2002.

1. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    I just paypaled my money for the NE trip...is there going to be a DCtrip??? if socan I pay fot it now???

2. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    BUMP!!!!!

any kind of an update re: the bustrip???

C'mon you call yourselves supporters??? GET ON THA MUTAFOOKIN' BUS!!!

3. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    BTW we aren't going to CMGI Field...it's Gilette stadium now

4. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Alot of people usually wait till the last minute to sign up. But they dont realize they do the club harm that way. Im sure that everyone wants to make sure that they are getting the day off and that plans dont come up. But everyone should weigh in the fact that the club has to scrammble for deposit money and what not. The bus cant be rented and reserved a week in advance it has to be done a MONTH in advance.

So get your money in or atleast express interest so that they know how many will be going and if its worth depositing the money for reservation.

5. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    I'm still pissed at all the people who were waiting till last minute to sign up to go on last NE roadtrip in June. Its because of you people we had almost no support in NE.

6. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Yeah, but wasn't this planned when the fixtures were announced before the season (at least the idea was), so if people who really wanted to go could have made plans already....at least I did.

7. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    That's the point. When any fan gets the season fixture list, the eye immediately scans the schedule for derby days. Theoretically, members should come to the annual membership drive or the home opener clamoring to sign on to the trips, but this doesn't happen. This March we sent out a two page Club postal mailing to all members from both last year and this year the week before the home opener, with one full page (front and back) devoted to the road trips. Not one single application was mailed back.

As it is, the Club, and it's members (by way of their annual dues) subsidize these trips heavily. These trips are an absolute money pit unless they are completely sold out.

We've got our fair share of devoted travelers who always turn up, cash in hand a week before we set sail. But it is so important that we sell out these trips as far in advance as possible.

And here comes the inevitable plug: if you've never traveled to support Metro away, you've just got no idea what it means to support Metro.

8. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    DC fans are coming here on a roadtrip that costs members $50. Meanwhile ESC members only pay $35!! The ESC obviously cares enough about its members and the team to keep costs down. Now why don't you care enough to take advantage of the low costs by supporting your team as well as your supporters club.

9. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY

I tried to sign up for all of them earlire this season, but was told not to sign up beyond the 1st DC trip because of the uncertainty if and of the others are going to go off....

Even if you aren't going, why not give the ESC the money for the trip as a donation, these guys bend-over backwards to get these trips off (I witnessed Nathan do this first hand on the 1st trip).

10. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will vouch for this one.

11. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    Admirable, but you're one of the few who showed early interest in multiple trips, cash in hand...

12. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Bump...
    c'mon like you have something else to do on a Sat.!!! ;)

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    DC fans are coming here on a roadtrip that costs members $50. Meanwhile ESC members only pay $35!! The ESC obviously cares enough about its members and the team to keep costs down.

Not especially surpising on the Screaming Eagles part. They've never ducked the accusations that they're a for-profit entity. That being said, that's a great deal for ESC members.

The Magpie

14. nymetrostars2002

nymetrostars2002 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    bronx ny
  15. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    good, so that makes like 12 already by my count....

16. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in for the game, although I move to Boston in a week so I'll miss all the debauchery on the bus.

17. BayridgeMetro

BayridgeMetro New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    New York City
    Im in

Im back from the reserves just in time for the trip.I will have the trip and this years membership all paid for before the end of the week.Looking forward to one wild ride on the bus.

18. Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou New Member

May 24, 2002
    Metro Fan in Boston
    I already live in Boston and have 2 season tickets w/the Revs--I'll be trading those two in for seat's with y'all and probably needing to purchase at least two more tickets from either you guys or the Revs!

19. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allez_Zizou I sent you a PM yesterday, but I don't know if you checked.

20. Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou New Member

May 24, 2002
    Metro Fan in Boston
    KP--I don't have the PM feature, or at least I don't know how to access it. Sorry.

21. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm moving to Boston and was just trying to touch base with any Metros fans in the area. Email me at kpirouz@hotmail.com when you get a chance. Same goes for any other Metro supporters in beantown.

Kori

22. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    24 Hour Metro People -

I will be at the Stadium tonight taking your names and your money for the upcoming New England road trip. Remember, this is one of your LAST chances to get on the bus at the super low ESC member rate of just $35. For more information or if you have questions, email me at michaelhkoch@hotmail.com

23. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    Tomorrow is your last chance to sign on at the discounted $35.00 rate, going to $45.00 after the match, $60 of non-members.

24. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Also I would like to mention that *I* will be on this trip!!

25. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY

awasome...the Pervian Amish dude is going!!!!