ESC / New Management

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls: Supporters Clubs' started by GUYJ, Mar 9, 2006.

1. GUYJ

GUYJ Member

Mar 6, 2000
    Lincoln Park, NJ
    I imagine there is going to be some attempt to sit down with the Red Bull people to discuss the future of ESC and other Supporters Clubs, etc - right? I have been looking at Red Bull Websites but there is nothing I can see that shows who will be the people in charge of the team. I read somewhere (maybe on MLS.net) that they have an office in Hoboken, all I see on their Website is that Red Bull North America is out on the West Coast.

2. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    Your question is answered in the "ESC Meeting with the Coach and GM?" thread on the Metro-friendly boards.

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and where would that friendly board be , i am lost here

4. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    metrofanatic is a supporters site, run by former BigS posters for metro/metro reds/new incarnation fans.

Just click on that, and all you will find what your looking for, whatever it is.

No talk, just click.

7. MetroStinktier

MetroStinktier New Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Die Sumpf, NJ
    Speaking as one of the founders of the ESC, the supporter's club will go on. The ESC exists to support football clubs. The ESC founders will support another club in the NYC area, provided they are in the business of playing football first. Most of the ESC founders are not interested in being a corporate shill for anyone, unless they buy us lots of high-quality beer for every match.

With Red Bull in control of the MLS franchise (changing names and colors), it's very hard to see the MLS franchise as anything else but an marketing arm of Red Bull GmbH. The problem here is the football doesn't come first, Red Bull the company does. And they don't make beer.

I'm sure that we will eventually sit at a pub and sort out the options open to us. And probably wait until the next club arrives...

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    the Stout pub ?

9. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, stout pub.

10. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Hope to make it this time. Good luck to your Eagle defectors in Salt Lake, although I'm afraid that I'll be rooting for the (shudder) Augustinians in Minneapolis!

11. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Mike Tranghese chose to not expand the Big East, we would have stayed, but he didn't. End of story.

12. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    & the downside of a larger Big East?

13. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't care.

Our administration didn't want to be part of a conference that was going to be larger than what it already was.

This conversation belongs in a different forum, so I won't go on after this post.

14. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    and AEG, and previously MetroMedia put MetroStars ahead of everything else?

seems like you are seeing the cup as half empty because you dumped half of it out.