Esc 9/12

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Sweeper, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Can we make this a sticky? I have always wanted to have a sticky on the Metro boards.......

Ok, its the final regular season match against the scum, and the last match for sure that we know we are going to have this year. It should be a nice crowd of 15-20K on a Thursday night, and the field will have a week plus to heal from the NFL. All in all, should be a great match....

What we need to do is have a big match from 101, we must do the stadium march in before the match, and if we win or draw, have a stadium march out like last time.....

Streamers.....streamers, I will be working on picking up a few, not too many if they are full price, but we need a few. Serg, whats up with the ESC's streamer fund?

Mike K, can we get the flags in this time? If everyone who marches in has one, are they going to turn us all down? We need the flags to wave on derby day......

Everyone bring voice, we need it, 101 should be lively with lots of new voices.....Come on Metro!

Any more thoughts?

2. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    in my opinion take everything you guys have so it will look good on tv and we can show who are the best and most loyal supporters in the MLS.

3. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    All the streamers the ESC bought at the beggining of the season have been used. The last batch was last DC game.

I urge everyone to buy just $5 worth of streamers. If everyone did that the whole place will be one big curtain of red/black.

Definitely in for a march in AND out!!!

Last time no one wanted to do it(march in that is). This time we need to get it done. Everyone needs to make sure to find me or Sweeper before the game. I will try my best to get the word out and ask people to join in. But I cant be everywhere at once so make sure you let me know youre in at the tailgate so we can start getting together.

ALSO, NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE, EVEN IF WE LOSE 200-0 WE ARE MARCHING OUT IN FULL EFFECT!

NJSEA are still banning the flags. IF Michael K didnt work so hard to make them Id say let push our luck, but since I dont want them confiscated Id rather not.

Also if one your early birds can make yourselves useful, can youse make sure the flags are hung? I mean if youse like go in so early atleast contribute.

4. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Can we use those godawful horns as flagpoles? At least that way they would have some decent use.

5. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    That's actually a great idea.

6. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would entail us all giving 5 bucks or whatever it is to the NJSEA. And I'd have to rip 70-some flags off the poles they're on now :eek:

7. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    We'll look into special permission for the flags for derby day.

8. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    NOTE for anyone bringing streamers. You cannot carry the streamers into the stadium in a bag. Also stadium security might make you take the streamers out of the individually wrapped plastic packaging (happened to me before).

Heres what i recommend. Save yourself the trouble of maybe having security make you stand there and take the streamers out of the plastic packaging. Take 5 minutes and do it at home.

Then to carry it into the stadium, what I do is take some thread and then string the streamers through the middle hole. Tie the ends of the thread to make a loop (like a necklace). It makes it really easy to carry in that way, and security probably wouldn't even notice the thread if you are just carrying it.

9. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    About the flags to hang around the stadium, could Tico Tico or Ellison (or both), since they seem to get in early, could you guys hang the Metro flags around our end? There are the two long flags that get tied to the front railing and then the Metro Locura banner. If the green plastic containers aren't already in the section, ask on of the Metro peeps down at field level or one of the security guards and they can locate it for you.

It would be appreciated.....

Ron, any words on the flags?

I'll be picking up some streamers before the match as well.

10. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    I would but...

Hey, normally I would get in early, but We're planning on joining the march in. But I'll help w/ the flags once we get inside.

11. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    hey tico or whoever... im not trying to sound bossy or anything like that, but in the past the banners have fallen and not looked as great and since u cant see the banners from sect 101 make sure you tie them up tight.

LA 12
    ESC
    ONLY SUPPORTERS IN THE U.S

12. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tico generally doesn't put them up, and the fact that they are decrepate doesn't help matters. They are in awful shape, of course they are going to fall.