Erm...this is the Sunderland forum...right?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Revelian, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, I wanted to come to the Sunderland forum to congratulate your team on a magnificent performance against Man United at Old Trafford today. I thought Jones was incredible, not mention Bardsley and Turner. You were unlucky to only escape with a point.

But, no Sunderland supporters seem to have been on this forum in a while. Where are you all?

I thought things were bad in the Rovers forum...

Revelian

2. Marienburg

Marienburg New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, it is a ghost town. Really, exciting squad this year. Can't believe Man Utd's luck with the deflection and reduction to 10 men. Sunderland had that match today.

3. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You guys are the best. I am always encouraged with a team, other than Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal, takes points from Old Trafford United.

So unlucky to not get the 3 points. What was Richardson thinking kicking the ball away to pick up the second yellow? The ref didn't have a choice but to send him away. If it weren't for that, you most likely could have picked up the 3 points.

Wonderful game, I am delighted.

4. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I did think at first that he'd seen the flag, but hadn't heard the whistle, then I thought he was kicking it back to where it should then have been taken. Then I thought he should have been more careful, when he's already been booked.

Revelian

5. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You've done it again..................

I wonder if it's possible to have a second favorite team. If so, for sure I'd pick Sunderland.

Bent turned out to be a steal for you guys from the Spurs. I think he should be on Hughes' shopping list.

7. MidnightMackemRider

MidnightMackemRider New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You Back off Bent!! :D

Honestly, I cant remember so much optimism around a Sunderland squad in a long long time. The center midfield has never had a better pairing, and we haven't seen a strike force like this since SuperKev and Mighty Quinn.

I thought Bruce was a good safe choice for manager. I didn't know he could pull this off.

8. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    To be fair, this win was a bit of luck as some key Liverpool players were either injured or exhausted coming back from international duty.

You should sell Bent to us and cash in. We always pay a great premium :D

What if we give you Petrov + cash????

9. MidnightMackemRider

Mar 30, 2008
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not quite sure about that. To be fair we dominated the game and had three 1 on 1's with the goalkeeper. The goal itself was a fluke, but by no means had Liverpool deserved anything from that game.

The fact that Gerrard and Torres weren't there is a big influence, but remember that we just played a very tough Man Utd. team and Man U we were lucky draw.

I now issue a hands off warning on Bent!

10. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    yes, back to back great games for Sunderland. You should have won both if it weren't for being down 10 men vs Utd.

You better hope Bent is not on the radar for Hughes then. If he's thinking what I am thinking, which is offload Robinho and replace him with Bent, then there is no stopping. The kind of money City offers is hard to refuse.

Keep upsetting big clubs. Just don't do it against City.

11. MackemGirl

MackemGirl New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Here's the thing with Bent. He's been a very streaky player in the past. He's on a hot streak right now, but don't be surprised if he doesn't score a single goal after Christmas. I'm hoping that won't happen, but I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it did. (Now, he's more than welcome to prove me wrong, mind you, and I'd be quite happy if he did!)

Call me eternally cynical about Sunderland, but I won't be convinced until we are still sitting above 10th place in February. I've seen the boys get off to roaring starts too many times in the past only to be disappointed when they start to crumble 'round about January.

Two reasons I have hope that we may see this one through?: Cana and Cattermole. I always used to rant when Roy Keane was in charge because I thought he of all people should be able to see that the Sunderland squad desperately needed some decent holding midfielders!!

In other news, I might feel differently about the whole beachball incident if it hadn't been some Liverpool fan who threw a Liverpool beachball right into the area front of the Liverpool goal and the Liverpool keeper.

Unless it was a child, I bet that beachball hurlin' fan is probably reallllly popular over on Merseyside right now... about as popular as that guy who caught the baseball at the Cubs game a few years back....

12. MidnightMackemRider

Mar 30, 2008
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to disagree with you on the reason that I believe Kenwyne and Darren to be the best stiker partnership we have had since Super Kev and the Mighty Quinn. They simply work well together. Jones does so much of the hard work, winning the balls, distributing to the wide midfield players that he can't help but draw so much attention. Bent will have the wide open oppourtunities so long as Kenwyne is healthy (any word on his injury status?)

As for Catts and Cana, agree with you 100%. Two absolute warriors in the middle of the field is exactly what an EPL team needs. I still worry about our Outside Mids and Outside backs, but the 6 center outfield players I am very happy with.

I do think we will slide a little bit after christmas, but not a ton. I'm hoping a 9th place finish.

13. thetoffees

thetoffees New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I think Sunderland can aim for higher than 9th having wathced them a few times this season.

Injuries will be crucial - losing Cattermole is a blow.

But if Bent and Jones can stay fit I reckon you could push for the top six

14. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hadn't seen any reports this past week after the Liverpool match. How bad were the injuries of players caused during last week's match?

15. MidnightMackemRider

Mar 30, 2008
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jones is fit and ready to play again.

Cattermole is hurt bad. He will be out till probably around after Christmas.

16. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    damn, that sucks.

it will be interesting to see how they do in a match in which they are favored.

17. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not good. They were favoured vs the brummies, and lost.

18. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    that is how you actually start to become a good team and I think the up and comers don't get it. yeah, you might pull out that upset over the so called big clubs but until you beat those in which you are favored, you won't get to where you want.

19. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    heads up high Sunderland fans. Villa is a very good side. Oh, and you had a few key players on the injured list right?

20. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    damn to be eliminated by villa today.

21. MidnightMackemRider

Mar 30, 2008
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A game we really should have won in regulation too given our chances.

Here's hoping the lads take some of that disappointment and turn it into 3 points against West Ham.

22. caddyshack3838

caddyshack3838 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC