Eredivisie 2009-2010: Ohad Levita

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Shekel, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Shekel

Shekel New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I can't believe you guys didn't come across this goal keeper yet. If you were worried who is going to stand between the posts after Aoute, you can relax yourselves now. This kid is 23 years old and plays for a weak team in the top division of Holland (he played for kfar saba before). He has been voted the best keeper of the week in the league 2 weeks straight, he's a promising talent, alright.

here's a video of his team getting their only second win of the season and only thanks to him:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXdxom6xXXM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Highlights NEC - RKC Waalwijk 0-1 (seizoen 2009-2010)[/ame]

2. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Great pick up, Shekel. I cannot believe that no body mentioned him before on this forum. Hopefully, he can get some experience and maintain his place in the team as well as keep them away from relegation. The Dutch league is quite strong so he'll be up against good opposition. However, I think the national team might still be three years away for him because Aouate has not deteriorated and as we've seen with players like Tamir Cohen, just because you play for a good team or in a good league does not mean that you will perform well internationally. Having said that, Levita looks promising and Cohen is starting to mature into a solid player for Bolton, and hopefully, Israel. Who are other potential goalkeeping candidates for the future? I know Ariel Harush from Beitar is rated quite highly, and Gil Shohat for the U-21s and Bonner SC in the fourth tier of German football.

3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ohad Levita

We did discuss Ohad Levita in the Young Talents thread at the beginning of the year. Everybody knows that he has potential. Proof of that can be found in the amount of matches he has played since the beginning of his career. He was the starting keeper for Hapoel Kfar Saba for years and was always a toss up starter for the youth sides with Tom Almadon. It is great that he is doing well in the Netherlands, but he isn't ready to be crowned our next big keeper.

4. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i always believed our future GK would be Tom Almadon...i still think he haves the talent to do it...:(