EPL on fox sports world?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by brine, Aug 6, 2002.

1. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    So I'm moving to a new apartment in San Diego and I have the option of getting digital cable with Fox Sports World...I can't seem to find a schedule or anything online, but what sort of EPL/European/South American football coverage would I get on FSW? Anyone, anyone...bueller?

.brine

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    There's no schedule for the entire season but you can find some information on the
    Fox Sports World Website.

I know they'll be showing EPL, Bundesliga, and matches from Argentina. There's also been rumors they may show Nationwide (lower division) matches which would be great.

I'm just getting DirecTV this week so I'm sure someone who's had FSW for awhile can give you more details.

3. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    They should be showing some of the UEFA Cup as well. Probably the matches involving English clubs.

Does anyone know if they'll be showing the Coppa Italia? The final, at least?

Thanks

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well, seldom you get live EPL matches. Every sat at like 12:00 (noon) you get an EPL match, which is technically live, just that it was played like 2 hours earlier, and you can only get the result via internet. Sundays, for the most part you get a game at like 1 afternoon. Argentine soccer in FSW is not live, it is, on the contrary, live on on FSWE. Tune up your Spanish skills, dude.
    German Bundesliga is live every Sat. morning at 9:30. Le Championnat: I, persolly, was only able to watch around 3-4 matches live. Some are tape delayed just a couple hours, anyway. It's not that bad.
    You don't get any better soccer coverage on home-tv in the US, anyhow.

Hope this helps.

www.fsw.com
    www.fswe.com

Coppa Italia, they show a good # of matches on. Including the final, at least it's happened the last 2 years.

5. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I heard there will be NO Le Championnat on FSW and people were complaining that the Bundesliga matches scheduled so far weren't live.

Do you have to pay extra for FSWE? I'd definitely be interested. MFL and Central and South American coverage plus highlight shows.

I think the Sunday EPL match is live so not all are tape-delayed.

6. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most EPL matches are shown taped delayed (about 2 hours) on Saturdays and Sundays. They also show live matches during the weekdays depending on the schedule. The August 17 programming schedule is listed here: http://www.foxsportsworld.com/world/programschedules/fsw_epl2.htm. There should be more schedules changes coming up. Beside the EPL, they show the Bundesliga, Futebol Brasileiro and Futbol Argentino as well as rugby, Aussie Rules football and Cricket. I'm not sure FSW is showing Dutch, Scottish (probably not), French or Coppa Italia like last year. Hope this helps you.
    BTW Skysports News broadcasts every night at 7pm EST (4pm PST) and 10pm EST(7pm PST) so you can follow EPL and European football news.

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Thanks for the info, cj90red.

I'm positive the Eredivisie (due to lack of interest) and SPL (because of the whole TV contract mess) will not be shown this year. Not sure about Coppa Italia but I hope they show it.

I've seen Sky Sport's news show and it's excellent. Although there's highlight shows from Western Union Football and BBC America it is much more in depth.

8. DAKCrew

DAKCrew New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    try www.soccer.com and at the bottom of the page you can type in your zip code and it will give you all the soccer action on TV in your area. There is a rerun of an SPL game next week..........

9. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    only having fox sports net sucks

10. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    EPL

Explain to me why some people are able to get a season package of just Saturday matches or Sunday matches but I can't. I have Indemand and they are just showing the Sunday ones. It's more expensive to but each individually.

11. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    EPL

Does anybody know if the TWI highlights show will be on BBC America again? I see that Fox Sports World will have it. Also why Comcast, which shows a good number of FSN programming not showing EPL games like a good number of local FSNs are?

12. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Re: EPL

The season package is for people with DirecTV. If you have digital cable all you get is iN DEMAND PPV every Sunday for $15.

13. Manu LD

Manu LD New Member

Jul 11, 1999
    London, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  14. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THe Sunday matches were generally live last season.

check out soccertv.com to get email updates of when games will be shown. They also have a list of who is showing what this season.

15. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    All systems go!

16. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Right. They were almost always live at 11am EST unless there was a big match (Liverpool vs. Arsenal for example) on earlier, then they'd tape-delay it.

17. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Right, but the later match shown on FSW is always on tape-delay.

18. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Oh, I was talking about iN DEMAND PPV. :)

I'm getting DirecTV installed any day now (last minute of course). It seems FSW's schedule is up in the air but are they positive on how many EPL matches a week they will show? Dates, times, live/tape-delay etc.

Their website has very little information.

19. usa1950

usa1950 Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Indiana USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When did they allow Man United fans to post again?

Fox Sports World is my reason for living.....