PBP: EPL - Manchester United FC vs Newcastle United FC - Feb 21, 2021 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 18, 2021.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Martial has been poor and needs to be better, but all criticism of players for their play this season (especially if there's a drop off for this year) must take into consideration the emotional and physical toll of the pandemic. For Tony who had/has mentality issues prior to this year, I can only imagine how it is for him.

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    It makes sense but his drop is quite dramatic. Its unbearable really. As naboo said, its to the point where if Cavani can't go, then id rather Greenwood. I'd rather Mata, Diallo or a 3 at the back (not really) than persist with this version of Tony.

Chaz Striker repped this.
  3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If it were me, I'd give him 10 days off. No training, get to somewhere calm, escape the routine and try to reset. I'd also stress how important to the team he is and that he's got to produce, but he's still a person and as a team, we value Anto the person, not just the baller.

And I'd be telling Mason he's got to step up and be the rotation 9.

Ultimately I think Anto is young enough and good enough to be given a year post pandemic before making a final decision on him.

JC7rox and benni... repped this.
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States