English Work Permit with Entrepreneur Visa

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by uksailmaker, Aug 9, 2009.

1. uksailmaker

uksailmaker New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Last year there was discussions on BS about obtaining an English work permit with a new Entrepreneur Visa. The requirement was to have made
    $50 or $60,000 US in the previous year.

Did this turn out to be a real Visa and has any American applied and received one of these Visa.??

2. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you explain to me why this is in this forum?

3. uksailmaker

uksailmaker New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Sorry I thought it was discussed in this forum last year since the biggest problem for US players is a work permit without EU passport.

4. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, now I follow you. I thought this had to do with visas in a general sense, absent any reference to soccer. In which case I was going to flex my mod musculature.

As I recall there was some discussion of it. In fact, it's a fairly common topic/source of disagreement around these parts. I make a point of knowing absolutely zilch about it, but I hope someone does know something will clarify things for you.

Anybody out there?

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a sliding scale for age, income, and education. I'm not sure what is going on with it. Dalby tried to use it to get into England, but it didn't work for him as some of his income didn't count.