English Premier League Winners

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by verde-rubro, May 2, 2016.

1. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Manchester United – 13 Titles
    Chelsea – 4 titles
    Arsenal – 3 titles
    Manchester City – 2 titles
    Blackburn Rovers – 1 title
    Leicester City F.C. – 1 title
    Liverpool F.C. – 0 title :mad:

This might be hard for some people to take, coz it's killing me just don't know if i will ever see them lift it in my life time :f_wah: watching since the late 70s watched the good times but man its 27 fvking years now :mad:

2. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You gotta believe!

"If Leicester City can win the title - why not us?"

Says every team ever in the PL who hasn't won it yet...

never walk alone TPK repped this.
  3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks that Liverpool has never won a premier league title.

It sucks 18 times over.

Let's not rewrite history in any case. Yes the gap is long - but Leicester took 132 years.

Oh and we have Jurgen Klopp.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The "Premiere League" is just another name for the top division and we have won the top division many times.

SamScouse repped this.
  5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, it is what it is. We've been close, but we did just about survive a dagger to the near heart at one point in it all......

Great sides in the mid 90's and players like Owen coming through, not to mention world class players like Riedle and Litmanen still (just about) feeling the allure to join - well, we weren't in such a bad way then.

And then along came the ghastly spectre I like to call (amongst other things) Le Plonker - by the time his horror show was over we were into double digits of having not won it, and also cast headlong into the beginnings of the Chelsea/ Man City moneybags eras .... and the hex was well and truly on..... (Yeah - I blame Houllier for the length of the stretch - but I can just about find reasons to blame him for everything! ;) right Sam.... )

Still, there's always a little hope left - old rafa did his near best and almost got us there. BR tripped over Luis Suarez and almost got us there, and so maybe Jurgen Klopp will manage it .....

Congrats to the other LFC today though .....

6. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

that question doesn't have any definite answer. We could have won it, at least three times, but we didn't .... Other teams (obviously) could have won it those three years too - but didn't........... C'est La Vie.....

7. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I really think (and hope) that the playing field is becoming more level in the Premier League - yes there will always be the billionaire clubs (Man City, Chel$ki, etc) but the top four for the past few years are no longer the "Big Three/Four" that they were not too long ago...With this year's Leicester City going from near relegation to the title, with teams like West Ham, and Tottenham fighting for the top four - even teams like Southampton, who have been ravaged by the "bigger" clubs over the past few years, still finding a way to compete...I am really hoping that the League opens up to eight or ten teams every year that can battle for the top three or four spots - and not have the same teams win it every year...

For me it is great to see Chel$ki finish out of the running, and I hope that ManU falls short of a top four spot again...of coarse I wish LFC was in that race, but really, we were in it until just recently...the sheer number of games played for us did us in...

Wingtips1 repped this.
  8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Congrats to Leicester. What a fairy tale. It will be our fairy tale one day- obviously not as unbelievable one, but the laws of averages says that we will . :)

9. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    It's great for the EPL when a team like Leicester wins particularly as Leicester was such an outsider but IMO this is truly one of those "once in a blue moon" occurrence & I can imagine the usual suspects challenging again next season

Leicester will find it hard doing the whole europe/EPL thing week in week out and the EPL games will be tougher next season

10. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Will be interesting to see how European teams will treat Leicester next season will they underestimate them like most of the PL did for the first half of this season.

11. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    What's in a name. Same teams, same country, different name.

It's still 18 for me.

el-capitano, SamScouse, newterp and 2 others repped this.
  12. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

yes - totally agreed, but the problem stems from its needing to be nineteen ......

like the titular song says -

Way back when .....
    I was the Dandy .....

in a reminiscence from someplace liek this ...

Hey Nineteen
    No we got nothing in common
    No we can't talk at all
    Please take me along
    When you slide on down

The Cuervo Gold
    The fine Colombian
    Make tonight a wonderful thing

No we can't dance together
    No we can't talk at all

13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said that as well Ken. If after last week - you aren't a Liverpool supporter - I don't know how to help you. I think the city will explode in a good way when Klopp wins us the title.

el-capitano, CB-West and usscouse repped this.
  14. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia