English players Dual Nationality thread #2

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's probably about time that all of us including myself got a lot more used to the fact that we're going to be losing talent left right and centre to other nations. The home nations were already big "offenders" but Nigera are going to get some players off us for sure and there'll be more Musiala situations coming up in the next few years. England (and the UK) is becoming more diverse every year and so many of our players have foreign ancestery coupled with the standard of our national team increasing is going to lead to many players declaring for other nations. Musiala and potentially Musah are the first couple of players that are good enough for us but will declare for other nations compared to just losing David McGoldrick and Oli McBurnie.

roverman repped this.
  2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    What we lost mcburnie? I'm devastated. Hes really ripping it up in the epl

saj7866 repped this.
  3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    On merit maybe not but the FA will 100% call him up if he's open to it.

4. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looooool

roverman repped this.
  5. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I had no idea that McGoldrick was English.

roverman repped this.
  6. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    As a German fan interested to know who you rate most highly between Musiala, Havertz, Wirtz and Moukoko? Or any other names you think are up there?

saj7866 repped this.
  7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  8. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just checked on him, not looking good I’m afraid!

234BFD2D-E289-4ECE-A3A6-96A8195AEFB2.gif

roverman repped this.
  10. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    I like Antonio, but realistically, he's about 8th in the pecking order of England Strikers, and he's 31 shortly. Fair play, if he wants to chance his arm at an outside chance of making a World Cup with Jamaica.

Marcho Gamgee and roverman repped this.
  11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Noooooooooooooooooooo....oooooo...oooo (pants) ohhhhh.....good luck to him

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    This can't be happening. First im told mcburnie isn't English. Then this? What the hell is the world coming to. What if we lose kane to injury?? What then?? What then????

ChristianSur repped this.
  13. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Antonio has become a very good Premier League player. It will be a big coup for Jamaica.

14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They've all got incredible ability respectively, I do think Moukoko possibly got the highest ceiling to improve in.

Another very talented player at Bayern once he breaks through is LASSE GUENTHER , reminiscent of Arjen Robben

15. Athlone

Athlone Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I'm of two minds on Antonio. He's obviously a quality player but he blew us off multiple times already to pursue an England call that, let's be honest, hasn't looked extraordinarily likely to come for some time now. In the end I favor the pragmatic approach (just get the best players we can get), but it still annoys me a little and I want to see what his level of commitment is.

We are not thought of highly in football but the other guys we have do care about our team and are fully committed and bought in, so Antonio needs to meet this bar. If he isn't going to fit the spirit of this team then he can stay where he is. Hopefully my fears are unfounded and he buys in, because he would enhance the player pool if he does.

In other less important news:

- Emile Smith-Rowe is eligible to represent Jamaica. No contact has been made or anything, just a fun fact.

- Liam Moore, Kemar Roofe, Andre Gray, Rolando Aarons are all pretty much locked in at this point and have either finished or come close to finishing their passport processes. 2 of the 4 are former England youth internationals.

Jamaica has a camp planned in the UK along with a friendly against Catalonia in March, so we should know more about what is what then.

- Blair Turgott, who earned about 27 caps for England's youth teams at the U16 through U19 levels while at West Ham, has started his passport process. He's way off the England radar now at 26 and is reviving his career in Sweden. Decent depth piece for us.

- Talks with Isaac Hayden have progressed, he has apparently expressed legitimate interest. Ball is in the Jamaican FA's court now to show his camp where he fits in the player pool.

- Talks with Ivan Toney progressed as well. Still not holding my breath here since I'm sure Toney's camp feels he can make an Ollie Watkins-type of rise and sneak onto Southgate's radar next year, but we will see.

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Don't think u have a chance with toney right now but the others good luck. Antonio is an honest guy so he will be fully committed

17. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Get Moore, Roofe, Gray, Aarons, Antonio and Hayden into that squad and you should have a great chance of qualifying for '22.

Certainly prefer to see Jamaica there than Honduras again!

Athlone and roverman repped this.
  18. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    Liam Moore has a serious injury, Leicester lad so I’d love to see him on the international stage

19. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Would be great to see Jamaica in the World Cup. Have the makings of a very solid team on your hands.

Athlone repped this.
  20. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Never would have guessed.

21. Is this thread's title really a problem?
    My guess would be that only for a very small number of players it would be an issue, like having the choice between England or another top nation, like Germany/France/Spain/Italy.
    And then only if it's for a spot vacant in the team.
    How often has it occurred in the last decade?
    What player(s) you missed out on you really could use.

22. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Possibly zaha. But he wouldn't get in this team now.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Playing well for Barnsley currently in a wing back role. Linked to a few PL clubs.

24. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    Saw an interview of Mohamed-Ali Cho (Angers). When he moved there from Everton there wasn't any clarification if he qualifies for England through residency. He said he qualifies and is open to playing for England in the future. He played for England at U15 and U16s, but most recently had a France U17 call up.

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I really don’t know much about him but is Kyle Joseph someone our FA should be keeping tabs on? Just seen an article that he’s attracting a lot of interest from some top Clubs from across Europe and Arsenal despite playing for Wigan. Born in Barnet but not sure how strong his connections are to Scotland but maybe he should be one to keep an eye on.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/arsenal-tracking-scotland-u19s-star-kyle-joseph/