English players Dual Nationality thread #2

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    John Carver has given another interview to the local press in Newcastle.

It reads to me like Harvey Barnes might have agreed to switch when back fit but none of the others have agreed yet.

2. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    He's regurgitating pretty much everything he said the last time he spoke on the issue.

It's more The Mirror saying Southgate is looking "increasingly unlikely" to call Livramento up for the Euros; how can that be the case unless they can read his mind? There hasn't been a camp for over a month and there isn't another one until three months from now.

Fireburn47 repped this.
  3. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    They seem to be thinking he won’t call up new names but that doesn’t fit Southgate’s pattern of making late changes to his squad in the penultimate or final call up.

4. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Assuming you are referring to this quote “Harvey has been called up by England and not had opportunities. Let's see what happens when Harvey is fit again.” As always you read way to much into pretty vague/generic statements.

hussar, roverman and Fireburn47 repped this.
  5. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    roverman repped this.
  6. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    The way Olise is playing the French seniors will be considering him for March.

roverman repped this.
  7. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    Yeah, it's pointless in even considering him and England prospect tbh. Even if he wasn't good enough for France he appears to have little interest in playing for us. Regardless, the derth of top class right-wingers in the world means barring injury halting his progression he's very likely going to be good enough to be a backup for the French seniors at the very worst.

hussar repped this.
  8. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    That won’t stop people blaming the FA for letting him go.

9. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

10. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    please loan him out to Leicester, we'll send you a full back in return?

sorry just fantasy transfer dreaming lol

11. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Your promotion rivals are interested in him.

12. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    presumably they want a higher level than the championship

Fireburn47 repped this.
  13. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Leicester want to sign Liverpool winger Fabio Carvalho on loan after the 21-year-old Portugal Under-21 international was recalled from his loan spell at RB Leipzig. (Sky Sports

14. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
  15. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    Was thinking before, it's a bit of a killer that we've lost two of the only three dual national battles that at present look like genuine needle movers: Rice, Musiala and Olise. You can argue over the extent to which Musiala would be a needle mover given we've got Bellingham & Foden in that position, but he's still the best talent we've ever been involved in a true dual national battle for.

16. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    The thing with Musiala is he is German and is playing in Germany. Also with Germany having a better international record than us he would have been mad to pick us. Also hes Germanys best player where as he probably wouldn't get in Englands first 11.

roverman and Fireburn47 repped this.
  17. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I don't think that Olise would be a needle mover either to be honest. He plays in the same position as Saka who has arguably been our best player over the last couple of years. There's also Foden who is natural in his position and now Cole Palmer who has played in that position a lot in his young career. That's not forgetting Bowen who has been one of the best players in the Premier League this season. You can also use Sterling there and there's players like Madueke coming through. We'd have suffered a lot more if Rice was still with Ireland. I'd actually expect that all the competition in Olise's position is a barrier to convincing him to play for us.

Musiala's heritage is a little more complicated than that. His dad is an English born Nigerian and he spent the majority of his young life in England. I'm sure if he'd have resigned with Chelsea and stayed in England then he'd be playing for us.

roverman repped this.
  18. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    musiala was turning down Germany even in November 2020, when they even said they were giving up trying to persuade him. He will always be a disappointing one for england, it's not some kind of carvalho situation of someone who seemingly never had plans to play for england.

It was just rather unlucky that of all the teams to join he went to Bayern who are as close to a national team club team as you get in the major leagues and had the ex German assistant and Germany manager in waiting in charge. That coupled with COVID which meant he spent a lot less time with england than he usually would have seems very unfortunate.

He's always going to be the one who haunts us if we dont win anything with this current generation I think, his talent level is that good.

roverman repped this.
  19. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Yes Musiala's always said he loved his time in England and thats why we came so close to him choicing England. But he was born in Germany to a German mother and playing for Germanys best team. So we would have been very lucky if he'd choosen us. Although it probably cost him a U21s euro's winners medal.

roverman repped this.
  20. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Surely he would have been in the seniors by now and missed the u21 euros.

21. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Was Musiala’s dad born in England? I’ve heard it be said he dad lived in England in his youth but not that he was born here.

22. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    #4722 Gaz811, Jan 1, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    Who was he going to replace in the seniors before the U21 Euros? Foden,Bellingham, Saka or Grealish and Rashford was flying last season. He probably would have a few senior callups but part of reason he picked Germany instend of England was first team football.

P.S he's got 25 cap and 2 goals. Saka has 32 caps and 11 goals.

roverman repped this.
  23. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Not 100% sure on that.

24. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    I think Musiala is every bit as good as Jude fwiw. Genuinely ridiculous talent and despite Bellingham being the flavour of the month I think time will show they're at very worst equal talents.

I used to think the same but I've changed my mind; I think he'll be a nailed on starter at an elite club in the next two years.

I also don't feel massively comfortable relying on Saka alone for that RW spot for the next 5+ years considering the ridiculous amount of minutes he plays for club and country. Reports today are saying he's still nursing that Achilles injury so it really feels like a ticking time bomb.

I don't think any of the other guys you mentioned have anywhere near the ceiling at RW that Olise does. Other positions sure, but they aren't right wingers (Bowen aside).

25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I used to think that, but watching more of Bayern this season, his vision and decision-making isn't quite on that elite level yet. There are a lot of passes that he doesn't spot.

roverman, Gaz811 and Regis Prograis repped this.