English players Dual Nationality thread #2

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

2. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

3. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    These headlines are hyperbolic. Every club in Europe worth a wank will be tracking him, it's basic due diligence.

roverman and Fireburn47 repped this.
  4. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Of course. Barcelona in particular feel like a club where they would still be some opposition towards him for them and Italy is likely not that likely because their annual red cheeks for Domestic Violence awareness day would create some interesting images.

It’s going be interesting to see how Jude Bellingham reacts with him in a couple of months when they due to play each other after he very much shut down the talk that he had been texting him.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Dual national with Poland. Not played competitively for either but has been capped in friendlies with England -

Fireburn47 repped this.
  6. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

7. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    The return to fitness and form of Fulham's 26-year-old English defender Tosin Adarabioyo has stirred interest ahead of the January transfer window. (Mail)

8. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Im not quite sure why we are including Harvey Barnes in the duals thread. I mean he’s not declared for Scotland yet or about to as far as Im aware. Shouldn’t we keep these players in the English threads unless they start to make noises? I’m mean we could include about 90% of our players in this thread

roverman repped this.
  10. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Tommy Conway scores a penalty for Bristol City.

11. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Olise scored a penalty for Palace against City.

12. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
  13. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Winger Fabio Carvalho is open to a return to Fulham if Liverpool are able to recall the 21-year-old from his loan spell at RB Leipzig. (Mirror)

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He’s not really relevant to the England threads either right now. His situation hasn’t even changed in months and like most Romano tweets they don’t really offer much of an update anyway.

I think we need to cut down on discussion on the likes of Barnes, Olise and Carvalho as their situations have barely changed since the start of the season. Maybe wait until something more significant happens with regards to their international opportunities.

This thread is a bit tricky though as it is hard to gauge what is relevant at times.

15. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I’ll refrain from positing updates in this thread about players that are not about their international futures.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    That might be a bit too much lol. If it’s somewhat relevant like say Carvalho actually gets a loan to an English club then fair enough. It’s not really the biggest deal in this thread to veer slightly away from England issues.

Fireburn47 repped this.
  17. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain

I've been quite dismissive of it but watching this I worry Greenwood may one day find his way back into the England fold.

I thought the chances of him fulfilling his initial potential were gone but he's already looking damn good and if he reaches a genuinely world-class level he's much more likely to be accepted back into the upper echelons of the game, as we've seen with other top athletes in both football and other sports.

He doesn't deserve to play international football for anyone but selfishly I hope Jamaica cap him before talk of an England call-up is ever allowed to happen.

18. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    #4643 Fireburn47, Dec 17, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    I have a feeling he won’t switch anytime soon and is hoping post Southgate the next manager will call him up. I think through until he plays for a club in England again that won’t happen because of no way to test the reaction.
    He could easily however also become someone whose absence is used to criticise the manager at the time and who gets a lot of support for his recall.

19. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    if he keeps it up for a year or 2 you'll be surprised how many people don't care if he gets recalled, its fairly fresh in people's minds right now but people move on

20. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Personally, I wouldn't care if he did get a call up. But in the bigger picture, I think the image of the national team would go backwards after all the work Southgate has done to win over under represented groups such as LGBT.
    I'd be surprised if we ever saw him in an England shirt again, whether that's under Southgate or another manager.

21. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    The problem with Greenwood is that off the ball he's probably the laziest player in Europe. He walks around like he's Messi without offering anywhere near as much as Messi on the ball. I'd be interested to see which clubs come in for him this summer as he needs carrying by his teammates. You can see his appalling defensive stats below.

https://fbref.com/en/players/58eee997/scout/12202/Mason-Greenwood-Scouting-Report

horrisengleton repped this.
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    This and also the fact that we live in a society where people get second chances to redeem themselves. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see quite a few apology articles popping up soon about how he’s changed his ways etc to try and smooth out a path to maybe get a recall. I feel somewhat uncomfortable about it but that seems the way things work these days unless you have committed murder.

23. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    correct and what ever people think he doesn't have a criminal conviction, the further away from the incident people will forget the details and just remember that, also this Cancel Culture era is starting to end since the Johnny Depp Amber Heard trial, very slowly but its decreasing.

24. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Still he will have to explain the video and pictures. He is going to have to at some point address those - can’t just say nothing if he wants to be able to play for England.

25. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    #4650 MrSnrub, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    As far as I have seen greenwood has been decent but nothing spectacular for getafe, but he does have a legion of fans determined to push absolutely every decent highlight and decent game he's had on social media. You won't have heard anything about him since his last goal because he'd largely done nothing.

He's basically having a decent season at at a mid table la Liga team, no more, no less. An equivalent season for a non controversial player in the premier league would get them zero attention. And at any rate, he pretty much solely plays out wide, not a position england are struggling for.

Fireburn47 repped this.