English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Sam Iling-Jr came off the bench to make his Juventus U19 debut today. Played very well & got an assist right at the end of the game.

IGSpur and roverman repped this.
  2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Bellingham getting a good run in the Dortmund team. Sadly they lost

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

1309957485898457088 is not a valid tweet id

ChristianSur and roverman repped this.
  4. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Panzo has appeared in all Dijon’s matches this season. Played 90 minutes in the last two games.

IGSpur, roverman and Jenks repped this.
  5. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Malik Owolabi already called up to SPAL's first-team. Only been there a couple of months.

1311244898817933313 is not a valid tweet id

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  7. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Looks like Ronaldo Vieira could be heading to Hellas Verona. Hasn't really played too much football at Sampdoria lately but this would actually be a step-up for him as Hellas are a much better side.

8. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently RB Leipzig are after Solly March, not sure I can see it happening but interesting never the less.

10. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    No Musiala in any of the youth squads is a tad worrying.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well, there there could be other reasons behind it especially during these Covid times so guess we have to wait and see.

JTay repped this.
  12. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    Possibly called to the U18s (his age group) but didn't want travel just for training.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    He’s a lot better than the U18’s now though and maybe should have been promoted like Bellingham. He’s been playing regular football for Bayern 1st team so surely he would be at least close to the U21’s and seeing as someone like Nelson hardly plays at the moment he could have been added instead of him.

But yeah, traveling at this time for what are friendly games other than the U21’s might have been deemed not worth it and you can understand why.

14. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He's only played 18 minutes in two game in fairness.

15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Is that all? I thought he’d played more than that lately. My bad so yeah probably would have been called up to the U19’s then I would guess.

16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He came on and scored when they were beating Shalke 6-1 and came on when they were getting beaten 4-1 by Hoffenheim. I think he's getting a run when the game is pretty much over at the moment.

I think it's very plausible that he doesn't want to risk travelling just for a camp but also plausible that he's considering his international future. He's German born with a German mother after all. He grew up a lot in England but you'd think the pull to Germany must be there for him.

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm pretty sure his avatar used to be him playing for an England youth side, it's not any more.

18. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Theres a clip below, from a press conference (I think after he scored against Schalke)where Flick says he’d like him to play for Germany. I guess we’ll see, he has ties too both countries, so he’ll have to decide in the not to distant future.

19. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    I'd be amazed if he didn't end up with Germany. He was only in the UK for 9 years and seems to have no other ties here. Now he's back in Germany, at Bayern no less who have most their national team stars who will no doubt be in his ear I don't really see England has a great deal of pull over him.

20. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I agree. I was surprised that he continued to play for us in his first year at Bayern really.

21. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    At least we can blame Chelsea if he becomes a top player for Germany

This from The Guardian

It is understood Chelsea were keen to offer a professional deal to Musiala – who has been compared to Tottenham’s Dele Alli at the same age – but, according to those close to the player, they “didn’t throw the kitchen sink at keeping him”. Bayern’s persistence won the day, with his transfer making headlines in Germany.

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah he definitely did on Twitter but now it’s him in his Bayern kit.

23. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    In fairness, playing for England youth sides used to be his biggest achievement to date. It's not anymore.

AJ123 repped this.
  24. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Khavarn Williams ('03) has joined OGC Nice after leaving Bournemouth.

Deji Sotona from United (Irish-born but possibly English eligible?) also moved there this week.

desk.png

25. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Sotana was at United a while so it’s possible but he’s not that good.