English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Donyell Malen hardlyplayed matches for Arsenal's PL2 team. He decided to go to PSV to get more chances. He played with their Young team 22 matches, which according to him were very educational (see the article I posted with his interview about it) at the age of 18. He in 1.5 season jumped from no chances at Arsenal to player for the Orange team.
    That 20/21 yo is maybe in relation to Dutch players older, but that doesnot mean he's not going to make big strides like Malen did. Anyway, Madueke referred to youngsters like him in that age group, who are looking with much interest to his experience and he himself was triggered by Mason Mount's experience.
    upload_2020-1-30_23-31-0.png

2. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Madueke + Malen are kinda proving our point. The Eerste Divisie moves would be much more valuable at an earlier stage.

McEachran (2000) is a good contrast, if he was Dutch, he'd be a couple of full seasons into his Eerste Divisie. Just compare him as an U17 WC winner to the members of this years (2002) Dutch squad who have been breaking into that league this season/even last season.

People aren't even saying they're terrible moves. Just they're having to head to a league which isn't much different and certainly isn't drastically better, than the PL2.

3. I can't judge the quality of the PL2, but a fact is that our second tier is watched by the scouts of the top clubs (much to my surprise I admit) as even the president of Barcelona last year said in an interview. For some at a relatively later age (still young!) it could be the way to be noticed.

4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently it’s Everton that have contacted Sampdoria.

6. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

7. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Would've thought he could do better than the Belgian 2nd tier. Suppose 6 months of regular senior football should do him some good.

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I thought similar about George Hirst but that didn’t go to well.

9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The interesting thing about it is that they have five games left until the league splits into all manner of playoffs; they'll be in a group of four against three other first division teams, playing each other home and away, with an eventual path to a Europa League place. So he's got five games to settle in against 'lesser' opposition before facing a bunch of top flight teams.

10. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Clinton Mola to Stuttgart out of nowhere.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I’ve honestly lost track of the amount of kids moving abroad. Might need a data base soon, lol.

Mind you, after tonight with Brexit I’m presuming things should slow down in the future.

12. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tyrese Fornah from Forest is off on loan to Portugal too.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

Luis Binks going to the MLS

14. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Sancho scored a nice goal only for VAR to rule it out because of a tussle which didn’t even interfere with play. Incredibly harsh imo and a really soft call to rule out a good goal because of that.

15. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Stephy Mavididi scored again for Dijon tonight. That’s now 5 in his last 6.

Insert joke about cutting the mustard.

16. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Marcus Edwards has pretty decent number for Vitória in Portugal, Another 2 goals today. 6 goals and 4 assist in just under 1800 minutes in all comps, probably deserves a call up to the 21s, but doubt Bothroyd will give him a chance.

17. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    And he's just got another one.

18. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
  19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Slattery scored last night for De Graafschapp last night

20. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Robbie Burton reportedly joining Dinamo Zagreb.

I know he’s most recently represented Wales at youth level but still, English born.

21. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  22. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

24. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    He's living off the reputation of having a decent season at Newcastle. He did nothing before and he's done nothing since. Terrible manager!