English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Sam1010 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    by the way, 01-Amaechi made his pro debut for HSV in the German Cup coming on the 100 min as they went ET in a PK shootout win after a 2-2 draw vs a 3rd Liga club. So played 20 min but didn't score/assist. No idea how he played since I didn't watch that match.

not sure why he announced today when it's been known for ages that he's a RB Leipzig player, even played 24 min a 1-0 loss for the U17 in the 1st match of the season.

David Hurford repped this.
  3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    International clearance between FAs can take a while, but some places will let you play competitively before it's processed (England don't, only friendlies).

4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Sancho linked with utd again. Hope stays abroad. Joins real or barce

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He’d be perfect at arsenal

Upgrade the lw massively

6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He scored again for Dortmund

7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Would be a strange step down for him though. The only advantage would maybe be a bit more money.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Arsenal are not a step down

The by desliga is highly inferior to the prem and if arsenal were there they would be a cl side

I would take arsenal over Dortmund currently

Munich are the only really good side there as per

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Arsenal aren't in the Bundesliga though, so they're not a Champions League side. He'd be leaving a club that plays in the Champions League and has a decent chance to win the Bundesliga to a Europa League club that might win the FA Cup at best. The only thing Arsenal has to offer is money.

Sam1010, hussar and roverman repped this.
  10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He’s from London, arsenal are coming through a period of transition and will compete in the coming seasons

More money, living in London and in a better league

Arsenal are a step up

11. Sam1010

Sam1010 Member

Charlton
    England
    Apr 10, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he could play for anybody, even if Arsenal are a step up it isn't a big enough step at the moment imo.

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well he won’t get into Liverpool or city

Tottenham have son so arsenal or Utd are surely a good fit? Maybe Chelsea when their van is lifted

Obviously Barca or Madrid are the elite ones u want or even Bayern but the other options would suit him as the money keeps growing, soon even those elite clubs won’t compete with the prem

13. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I believe if they sold sane he would walk into city's side

14. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Hes making it look easy over there. Its shocking.yesterday he really wasnt that great. His work ethic was below the rest of the team, which contributed to augsburgs first goal, and he was very quiet. ..then he touches the ball 2 times and hes jonny on the spot, haha. He does need that step up and the pace of the prem is different all together. As hes found out at international and ucl level

15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Arsenal will compete for what in the coming seasons? Top four? He's quite possibly a generational talent, he shouldn't be looking lower than a club competing for the Champions League, which makes the United rumours equally as depressing as a move to Arsenal would be. I think unless Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Manchester City or Liverpool come in for him there's not much point moving at all.

roverman and hussar repped this.
  16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He could push a side like arsenal to competing

City are aging and Liverpool will get broken up by Barca/real at some point

17. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    If he can push Arsenal to compete why couldn't he push a weakened Liverpool to compete? If City are aging doesn't it make complete sense for him to go there and be a successor?

And I think Liverpool losing players/being torn apart is nonsense - they've tied all their key players to long term contracts and they've got more financial clout now from multiple consecutive CL seasons. Even if they do lose someone it would come with a shit tonne of money they'd look to reinvest.

If Sancho moves it should be to a top top club. He might not walk into the XI straight away but to become a real world class player he needs to be ambitious and push himself.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He could potentially play rw for city and alternate with sterling

He’s very young still I guess so there is no guarantee he will be sterling level yet (even though he looks an elite talent currently)

I feel like cho was on the road to becoming a brilliant player, it will be interesting to see how badly his injury affects his progress as he is essentially losing a year

roverman repped this.
  19. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Liverpool? They've finished 8th, 4th, 4th & 2nd under Klopp. Your point highlights just how quickly perceptions change in football because of how quickly things actually change in football. He'll sign for United if they are progressing in the right direction at the end of this season. Most moves will involve a gamble of some sort. Only City in England are a sure bet for the next couple of seasons but he'll be directly competing with Sterling and Bernado for a starting spot and Pep is rumoured to be leaving at the end of next season anyway.

It's pointless sitting on here now pontificating on what is the best career move for him at the end of the season when so many things will change from now until he moves.

20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He's done ok at international level

21. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Can't see pep leaving city for a while. He has a perfect job at city. Money, great players. I think he will be city's manager for quite a few years

22. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Ronaldo Vieira has had a really good half for Sampdoria in their first official game vs Crotone in the cup.

His passing has been fantastic and he's just picked up an assist with a beautiful ball over the top.

23. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No chance he'd sign for Arsenal in my opinion. Can only see Real/Barca, or United/City. Maybe Liverpool if they keep up their new status and one of Mane/Salah left.

24. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    Trippier with a great assist
    1163185652416098304 is not a valid tweet id

dbs235, David Hurford, zXen and 3 others repped this.
  25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not sure if this got missed ( I missed it fwiw ) but Josh Maja scores for Bordeaux this past Saturday. Not sure what his situation is, whether he’s committed to England or Nigeria but until we know either way, still should be mentioned in here.