England vs. Paraguay--Ref Assignment (!)

Discussion in 'England' started by Autogolazo, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060603/1/72m3.html

You guys got Marco Rodriguez of Mexico, otherwise known as "Chiquidracula" because of his slicked back black hair and widow's peak.

This is truly awful luck because the guy is one of those refs who thinks the match is all about him. He'll throw out red cards like candy.

Go over to the Mexico boards and ask about the mockery that this guy made of the Monterrey-Toluca final last December.

He could send off 3 England players, he could send off 3 Paraguayans, there's no telling. He wildly overreacts to simple challenges.

I hope your press dig up the truth about this guy and expose it ahead of time so you know what you're looking at here.

Again, I hope Sven can get his hands on the Monterrey-Toluca final to see how this guy goes bat-shit in big games.

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    well if this guy is such a joke how come he gets a world cup appointment??
    surely he has handled internationals before.
    he must have been put forward as mexicos best ref.

3. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    He's not--Archundia, also reffing the cup from Mexico, is much better than him.

And let me remind you that Peter Pendergast, perhaps the worst ref in CONCACAF, the guy who took back Belgium's perfectly valid goal against Brazil in the 2002 Round of 16 match for a non-existent foul and has screwed over the U.S. more times than I can count, was all slated to be a ref at the 2006 World Cup until he withdrew because of a leg injury.

World Cup reffing is deeply entwined with politics as much as it is quality.

I'm just saying that the microscope should be put on this guy's past performances ahead of time so the team knows what it's getting.

4. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They were talking about this on the radio and apparently the guy is a total liability, first game, cheating South Americans and a dodgy ref, nothing changes eh? :rolleyes:

5. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
  6. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The officiating at the World Cup is always shocking, this is nothing new.

7. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    so the mexicans have two seperate referees at this tournie.
    thats seems abit dubious to me .who is to say that they could make decisions that could benefit mexicos fortunes down the line.

8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Funny how the US always gets screwed over by refs. Someone aught to do something about it.....:rolleyes:

9. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Having pure knowledge if this Very controversial "infamous ref" . Let me just say all the characteristics you desrcibed of him are correct. But, let me just say the first game you shouldnt worry too much as long as you play the right game with not much obvious plays. His nickname is "Chiquidracula" is b/c he truly looks like a blunder vampire , but the first game I feel he will only give yellow card warning , but shouldnt hand down red since this being the first game. In conclusion he will be moderate at the calls most likely this being a first game. Eventhough he will reinforce the rule right away if an obvious dangerous hard foul was given .

10. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    it can be worse, graham poll could of been the ref:D

(and yes i know a ref cannot be from the same country)

all those refs from the champions league this year didnt impress much this year anyways, i think he'll do a good job

but yea, chiquidracula tries to be the protagonist a lot, but he can also be a really good ref when he wants to

the ref trying to be a protagonist can only give england an advantage versus paraguay because england arent dirty or cheats, eboue or pires dont play for england right??...or anybody else from arsenal??

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe he'll give some penalties when Crouch gets wrestled in the penalty area.

12. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    More like the other way around with Crouch if he starts his shenanigans
    :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bloody hell look at him, I hate him already.

14. NitroGuy

NitroGuy New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    North America
    " Let me tell you this... Chiquidracula is a good Ref.. THE only thing why people dont like him is because he HAS THE BALLS..to kick anyone he thinks reserves YELLOW/RED card. REGARDLESS OF WHO THE PLAYER IS.....

15. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    That is Bull , Apparently he does have the reputation to be a good ref , but there are also other times when T some games have been completelly off hgand with not the right officiating calls casuing a lot of controversy .

I belive though, fans on both sides shouldnt worry too much about the officiating of Marco Rodriguez , due to him by far not being the worst ref.

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Whining about officiating already? Bloody hell lads, get a grip. :D

17. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    You know how crazy the lads get over their Natioan Team . I remember all the roccous they created after there very unfortuante Euro Cup with the Pk resulst and Beckhams infamous kick.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chiquidracula is our ref?? lol

19. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Practice makes perfect......

20. kjksccr

kjksccr Member

Feb 25, 1999
    San Carlos, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I winced when I heard this during the Mexico v. Somebody scrimmage on Gol. A Mexican ref for England v. Any Latin American team game is bad news. The challenges that are routine in the Prem don't occur in the Mexican league on a routine basis. Plus, given the pace or lack thereof of the Mexican league he will be winded in 15 minutes.:)

21. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This thread was started by a Mexican, and has been posted in mainly by Mexicans.

Sweaty tosspot.

22. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bump.

He really was bad, wasn't he. FIFA need to sort themselves out.

23. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yaeh, this ref was a cvnt... The yellow card he called on Gerrard was anything but....

24. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He gave away to many fouls and didn't let the game flow imo.

25. eirebhoy

eirebhoy New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Dublin
    The worst decision of the lot was an indirect freekick for the 7 second rule. That was inforced to stop timewasting. Why the hell would a player on the losing side want to time waste? :)