England vs Denmark

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by Bulldog1980, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Comfortable 2 or 3 nil win for England.

They'll compete for 30 mins but we'll have too much for them on the pitch and off the bench.

Foden to come in for Sancho and the rest thebsamenfor now.

Grealish and sancho and maybe Bellingham and Henderson to come on with fresh legs if it's tight in the second half.

65000 pissed up Englishmen making a right noise. Just a shame we're not allowed to sell all 90000

2. Mr X

Mr X Member

Denmark
    Jun 6, 2012
    that's really unlucky

3. Mr X

Mr X Member

Denmark
    Jun 6, 2012
    I'm sorry. I'm being a dick. Full stadiums are always good for the atmosphere.

It's gonna be an exciting match. I can't wait.

4. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    The atmosphere will be top class even with just the 65000. We are getting to London for 12pm and starting drinking. Going to be superb

3Lions21 repped this.
  5. 3Lions21

3Lions21 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Jun 16, 2021
    Yeah we up for the game and there from early afternoon. Anyone know about getting into box park? Or any other decent pubs that are not already booked haha

6. Bulldog1980

Bulldog1980 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    We will be drinking in london Bridge then head to the ground at about 6.30 with cans.

7. 3Lions21

3Lions21 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Jun 16, 2021
    Can’t wait man! So buzzin for it. Yeah we meeting waterloo about 2 and then whatever and wherever. Haha

8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Since no Danish fans have been allowed to travel to England to watch the game, the Danish FA have managed to pressure UEFA to hand over more tickets for DBU to sell to native Danes living in the UK, and at this point just about all 7,000 tickets have now been sold.

Marcho Gamgee and Fullerov repped this.
  9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #9 Ceres, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    I think this Denmark team have surprised their opponents with how vastly more flexible they are without Eriksen, also with the players having a totally different role playing for Denmark in compare with how they usually play for their clubs, like Christensen being a highly flexible combined CB and goal scoring DM for Denmark, but not at club level, just as Højbjerg is a hardworking DM for Tottenham, while he has a much more flexible free role for Denmark as a kind of combined hardworking DM and creative midfielder who so far has made 3 assists at the Euro-20.

After the tragic incident with Eriksen, Denmark (as most people now probably know), changed from 4-4-2 to 3-4-3, but with the possible tactical move of changing from 3-4-3 to playing with 4 in the back and moving Christensen into midfield if it's not going so well the first 15 minutes or so (which is exactly what happened vs. Wales, to take out Ramsey and Bale).

It's not something new that Christensen has been moved into central midfield for Denmark to neutralize an opponent. He played as a DM vs. both France (0-0) and Croatia (1-1) at the World Cup 2018. But now he is so flexible that his position may change several times during a match, so the opponent get confused about if he is actually playing as a CB or DM.

So Denmark without Eriksen simply seem much more flexible all over the pitch, also because his young "replacement" Damsgaard do not have the same kind of responsibility on his shoulders, and the creative part now is a team effort, with all the players having to chip in, which also makes it more confusing and difficult for the opponent to know who they are actually suppose to keep their eye on when Denmark is attacking.

Is it the supposed DM Højbjerg they now mainly need to keep an eye on and look out for ?, is it Delaney ?, is it Damsgaard ?, is it the supposed full back Mæhle ? or one of the supposed attacking players, who are all very different in style of play, but with non of them really attracting special attention, because they are not considered to be star players, and even Christensen could take part from a position in midfield at times, as he did with the brilliant goal vs. a totally confused Russian team that did not have a clue of what to do, to defend themselves.

Because the Supposed RB but also highly flexible RM and LM Mæhle probably has been the biggest surprise or "revelation" for Denmark at the Euro-20, I will post this video, showing what kind of player he really is, both defensively and when going forward :

10. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Still don't understand how Wembley ended up with all 3 final matches, so much for "neutral" tournament. With everything being restricted and England not allowing anyone in really takes any fairness out of the tournament. I hope Denmark push England's shit in just because of this.

Brasitusa repped this.
  11. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    While Eriksen is without a doubt the best Danish player, i’m increasingly subscribing to the opinion that to set up the team to get enough out of him, it hempers the rest of the team (for a multitude of reasons, not limited to; he’s a known entity, that other players subconsiously slack a bit, the tactics that suit him doesn’t fit the other available personal) enough that it’s a legit question if Denmark as a combined team is better or worse without Eriksen

Cosmin10 and Ceres repped this.
  12. Fullerov

Fullerov Member

Bristol Rovers
    Nov 30, 2004
    Club:
    Bristol Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because England bid to hold the semi finals and final. This option was open to every European country and not many did, so was presumably decided by UEFA's committee assessing the bids.

Not some nefarious plan or anything.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  13. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    @Sian and @Ceres

Ericksen is probably more useful as an option from the bench. At Tottenham, that's what they had in store for him if he didn't leave.

More than anything these kind of players are falling out of fashion. It used to be that almost every country had a classic #10 and a classic goal poacher, but now goalkeepers like Emerson are expected to play passes like Rui Costa, while the likes of Immobile are generally falling out of favor for players like Belotti who can hustle and press players more effectively.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I say England wins 1-0 in a very boring game.

I hope I am wrong though.

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  15. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Same.

16. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The Sun, about Denmark :

[​IMG]

Danish tabloid BT answer :

[​IMG]

SF19 repped this.
  17. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

Ha Ha.

Danish Vikings. The hooligans of their time.

18. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’d prefer they advance. Well match up better with them than the Danes. We’d have an easier time in the midfield dictating our game and it’ll force them to sit back in a shell and try to counter us.

johnny6 and SF19 repped this.
  19. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Like we give a f*ck!

You don't like 'Its coming home'? Tough, because like it or not win, lose or draw WE gave this sport to the world and that will never change, so perhaps you should just 'get over it' instead of spending your time obsessing over the English and spewing hatred from behind the safety of your computer.

20. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Munich was the only other bid for the semis/final. They pulled out, possibly to get England's support for the 2024 bid (I don't know if that's a rumour or a fact).

21. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I'm in two minds about this game. On one hand it would be hysterical if Denmark knock England out, on the other England v Italy could make for a cracking final.

22. Mr X

Mr X Member

Denmark
    Jun 6, 2012
    Since it's the English flag on the toast, wouldn't that mean that they are having themselves for breakfast? *the plot thickens*

Ceres repped this.
  23. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Denmark and England are pretty similar, but I think Italy should see the better of the ball.

calabrese8 repped this.
  24. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
  25. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

Similar in what way ? ... Denmark has been among the most attacking minded sides at the Euro-20, while England is among the more defensive minded, as the stats also show :

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/statistics/

calabrese8 repped this.