England v Canada Match

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by jim_telford, Aug 25, 2002.

1. jim_telford

jim_telford New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    London
    Does anyone know if a radio station is covering the match today?
    Let me know
    James

2. hobbes

hobbes Member

Jul 26, 1999
    regina, saskatchewan
    Canada v England (R)

Not that I know of, sorry. It's 3-0 Canada at the half, though England had a nice spell of play and two great chances after Canada went up 1-0 early.

IN fact they just had a great chance seconds into the second half.

cheers,
    hobbes

3. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    How come Christine Sinclair hardy scores anymore these days? I mean, only five goals? In an entire game? Give me a break. Didn't she used to be good?

4. ringster

ringster New Member

Jun 5, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    Isn't she auwsome or what? 5 goals in 1 game, now that is something and even better we're going into the Semi-final. This is a great week for not only womans soccer but for all of Canadian soccer. I just hope that in their next game the defence doesn't lose their consintration.

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Did anyone tape the Brazil v Australia match?

6. hobbes

hobbes Member

Jul 26, 1999
    regina, saskatchewan
    Rather enjoyed that one. Christine may be my goal-scoring heroine, but I'm all about Erin McLeod Ñ two great saves when it mattered and her hair just keeps getting better and better.

That being said we had an obvious penalty appeal turned away (guess who takes our PKs) and Sinclair missed by inches on another header late in the first.

I wouldn't fault our defence too much, Maggs is quick and finished well. We could tighten up a little, but I like this free-wheeling no-nonsense style.

Didn't tape Brazil/Australia sorry. That game was probably supposed to fill me with confidence, but Brazil still makes me nervous. The 2-0 friendly will doubly so. But I have faith in the ladies. They're a quality side.

7. DjDomino

DjDomino New Member

Mar 17, 2002
    a paper bag
    McLeod was at fault for the second goal. BTW, did anyone else notice that guy with the 2 Canadian flags running up the stairs every goal? At the end of the match he was probably thinking "F'ing Sinclair, doesn't give me a rest at all." :D

8. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey-

i got back home to toronto late last night, and stayed up all night and into the late morning watching all the canada games that my family taped for me while i was in california....lots of fun! :)

can't wait for the semis this thursday....should be a good match!!!

sinclair's on fire!

elaine