England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    It’s sad that the team includes two of the best young talents and two of the best defenders.

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    #3177 TitoTata, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    I’d rather bring back Matt le Tissier or Becks if it’s only for free kicks :)

3. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Slightly off topic, but seeing Shaun Wright-Phillips' son playing for Stoke makes me feel very old.

roverman repped this.
  4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I heard something similar the other night where a team fielded the sons of three famous dads in their front three ..

5. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    He doesn't look too bad either.

6. PoliteSquats

PoliteSquats Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ironically United fans tend to be quite dismissive of Henderson but a prime Hendo would improve that team considerably.

7. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Sancho managing to miss out on a World Cup not due to injury would be one of the biggest declines of top class footballer England has seen for a while. Would pip Dele and other recent cases.

roverman repped this.
  8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I was thinking that Sancho would have been better going to Liverpool .. same applies to Grealish as well to a lesser extent .

United didn’t need Sancho and City certainly didn’t NEED JackG

9. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I wonder if Liverpool will suit Bellingham as that seems to be the PL team most frequently linked to him.

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Jack Harrison just scored his third for Leeds United .. English . Left footed and only 25

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    100%

12. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I think he is somewhat inconsistent through coming into good form at the moment.

13. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Agreed. It more likely be Rice who could have the big English players whose move goes wrong issue next season.

14. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Anyone who thinks Rice is not good enough for England is a fool.
    He was everywhere today, a towering display even if they were beaten (he missed his midfield partner today, and looked like he had to play a role of two players alone). He improved a lot in the last few months, he's definitely the best English midfielder right now, and by a distance.

W.A.S.P., Marcho Gamgee, Gaz811 and 3 others repped this.
  15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He can be very , very effective on his day , I’ll concede.

I just don’t like watching him play .. he reminds me when I was at school and there was always one big , bruising older lad barging his way through everyone .. all elbows and knees ..

It’s all about taste

The only way he’d get in my England team is at CB .. . probably alongside Ben White

16. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    He did use to play sometimes at junior level as a centre back but while he used to be open to playing there he has recently sounded much less keen to do so.

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    City and United swapping Grealish and Sancho would work out well for the clubs I think. United need someone the ball will stick to, and City need someone who can produce numbers in a system. Doubt Grealish would be thrilled about it though...

18. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Definitely. Felt like he was everywhere in the second half, without really losing his shape. And that was playing alongside Lanzini, who is far from a natural in that role.

roverman and hussar repped this.
  19. spiritof66

spiritof66 Member

Jul 12, 2021
    Agreed. And not just the best midfielder, but the best English player full-stop by a distance. He's been immense all season. Would be in with a POTS shout if not for ridiculous form of Salah. I doubt West Ham would sell him for less than 120M in the summer.

hussar and roverman repped this.
  20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes not a bruiser. Hes technically very good. He times his tackles. He's wins possession. He's a top class player

21. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    #3196 Fireburn47, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    £200 million was the figure Moyes quoted the other week. But more realistically £125m is about the ballpark. Man City might be the most likely one to offer that. Will he want to go to Man United if they don’t make the CL next season and are still a divided team come the summer.

We all know Chelsea is his real first choice but I don’t think they will spend that much.

22. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    If that's the price then no one is going to pay it.

23. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020
    if West Ham demand that much he will simply wait out his contract and walk for free

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It’s all about opinions
    I rate Jack Grealish as our most gifted player - many think he’s overrated.

Pep paid £100 million for him so I’m not in bad company.

Just wish he’d gone to Liverpool

25. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    His contract lasts till 2025. By 2024 under a fair bit under £100 million would be reluctantly accepted. The chances of him leaving for free are pretty slim.