England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    :ninja::) Pretty sure. I was checking with the super mods a while ago (not just specifically Greengrass) and there is no evidence.

TBF there are probably quite a few that fall into the Greengrass category regarding discussing Grealish. Especially on Twitter.

2. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Twitter really is a cesspool. Don’t ever look at the comments on any England Twitter post as they are 99% negative or trolling.

I used to think it was the print media that created negativity but casual fans on social media are actually worse.

W.A.S.P. and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Twitter is good to use as a news source but reading too many comments was always pretty painful. I think the worst of all is probably comments sections on The Guardian or Sportsmail.

4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I rate him too. Its just a laugh

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Greengrass sat behind his laptop

Attached Files:

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  6. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Don’t think the Grengrass joke was aimed at you mate.

This forum does become the Foden and Grealish Appreciation Society at times but I’m as bad as anyone.

My two favourite players but even I wouldn’t start them in every game lol!

7. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Never look at the comments in Sportsmail! its absolute poison, Guardian used to be quite good, but most places are extremely toxic and negative now.

8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Really? There's a particular writing error that a few posters have had in common with Greengrass - don't want to say exactly what it is or he'll stop doing it if it is him, but you might know what I mean and it's quite uncommon.

I felt fairly certain that "footballfanatic" or whatever he was called was Greengrass. Much more doubtful about Tito.

9. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Henderson starts for Man Utd tonight.

roverman and ChristianSur repped this.
  10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I completely forgot about footballfanatic. That was him not long after his main account got banned.
    It's pretty hard to verify for certain, especially if someone is disguising themselves well enough but the supermods didn't link him with any other accounts a while ago.
    Tito was a different person. He had been around for a few years but on the club areas of sites.

greengrass got carded quite a few times in the Man Utd forums for his critical views on Pogba. He nearly got banned from the site then and only had a few posts on their section.

ChristianSur repped this.
  11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    6 England players in the United lineup

12. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    United always have a good portion of English players. Long may it continue!

W.A.S.P., roverman and TopBanana10 repped this.
  13. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I’m more concerned by this left winger position Pep gives him. Doesn’t suit him at all, which is why he ends up on the bench imo

14. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    His best positions are either CAM or right sided attacker.

He’s not being benched because of his performances... he’s just being rested because the PL is in the bag.

15. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Getting the feeling these games might not happen. FIFA have given permission for clubs to not release players. Liverpool have already said they're not going to be releasing players. I can't see at least the other champions league clubs not following suit.

If they do insist on playing you will have qualifying where the integrity is massively harmed because teams had almost all their players barred from playing.

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hang on. Its a fifa qualifying tournament. But fifa are giving clubs permission not to release players? How much are those corrupt bastards receiving off the clubs?

17. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    I thought they weren't going to release players where they would have to quarantine on the way back due to red list status?

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #15493 Marcho Gamgee, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    I thought the problem was just with the red listed Countries that FIFA can’t arrange to bypass the 10 day quarantine? Not for players of other Countries, so don’t think Klopp meant he’s not releasing all his players or? Actually not sure what will happen but if teams aren’t at near full strength, then the integrity for International football will go out of the window.

Placid Casual repped this.
  19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Dont understand the problem with players playing in other countries at international level when there are still champions league and europa league games going on

W.A.S.P. and TopBanana10 repped this.
  20. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    There are travel restrictions. It's why no English teams played in Portugal or Germany

roverman repped this.
  21. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    ChristianSur and roverman repped this.
  22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    That was The Guardian.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Interesting.

ChristianSur repped this.
  24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Tammy Abraham not even on the bench again.

25. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Think we’re going to find out a lot about Henderson over the coming weeks and no bigger test than Sunday.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.