England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Because you give England fans a bad name by constantly talking us up BEFORE big games and pointlessly slagging off the opposition. It’s embarrassing.

It’s the build them up and knock them down mentality because the people that say ‘I think we’ll beat Holland/Portugal etc with ease’ are usually first to turn on our own players or manager.

2. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Also in the case of Jordan Henderson, I think Klopp said he was carrying a groin issue but it escalated against Everton and now he's had to have surgery. At the moment I suspect there are probably many players needing injections and the like to get through this period.:speechless:

There's also the lack of a winter break. Serie A and the Bundesliga only had approx ten days this season but at least that's something.

The three recent fixtures against Croatia were all tight games. Only victory achieved needed an 85th minute winner. I wish we had midfielders like Brozovic, Kovacic & Modric! Rakitic also although he has retired.

TopBanana10 and roverman repped this.
  3. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I've never once turned on our players or manager. I always have a belief that England will do well. I don't see why you take that as disrespecting other teams. Aren't we allowed to have confidence in our team?

roverman repped this.
  4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Well taa would certainly be in it. Perhaps kane might have a chance

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    No, he wouldn’t on this seasons form though would he?

6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Same would apply to Robertson

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Very true

roverman repped this.
  8. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    If we're looking at Scottish players, McGinn would be in the reckoning for a midfield spot. Armstrong's a good player, but we have better options for out wide. Other than those and the left backs, there's only really McTominay that you'd consider. The rest is largely dross.

They have a few good prospects in the U21s though. Turnbull and Hickey especially.

roverman and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    We missed out big time on mctominay. Mcginn is just a work horse and nowhere near good enough for our midfield but mctominay would have been a good addition.

10. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Its Scotlands system that we have worry about ,if Southgate sticks with his current shiit tactics from recent games.
    They are willing to park the bus in a defensive 3-5-2 with Robertson on the wing.
    Could easily be a very boring game .

W.A.S.P., RobTheFool and roverman repped this.
  11. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Member+

Leicester City
    England
    Nov 4, 2020

roverman, Marcho Gamgee and TopBanana10 repped this.
  12. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think TAA is the best RB in the world on any season's form. Kimmich is comfortably ahead for me.

13. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    No. Kimmich is more of a midfileder anyway

14. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, because he's almost too good to play RB.

15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    U might say the same about trent. His best qualities are passing and crossing. Taa is wasted at fullback

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Why are we doing a joint bid with Scotland wales Ireland and Northern Ireland? England should be holding this event alone. This will give fifa ammunition to dispense with our own individual country's participation in international football. Theyre desperate for a union representative team. England has enough world class stadia to go this alone. What can wales or Scotland offer? 2 stadiums at the most. Parkhead and the millennium.

17. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Mate, why are you trying to bait Scotland fans on an England forum? You've got this all wrong.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    That’s a pretty selfish way to look at it Rover. Yeah off course we could hold it on our own but the other Countries can’t, they don’t have the stadia or infrastructure to go it alone but this way we all get to share in a festival of football together. I actually think it would be great! A unified UK team won’t happen so dinnae fret lad.

W.A.S.P., RobTheFool and roverman repped this.
  19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm not

20. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    A joint bid makes sense, for the reasons highlighted above - it allows countries that couldn't host it on their own to be a part of the sport's greatest occassion. It also widens the appeal of the bid. I just don't see 2030 being viable - it's almost certainly going to go to South America and involve Uruguay.

roverman repped this.
  21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    If it’s almost certain to go to South America then I just hope they don’t waste millions of pounds on a dossier that never had a chance, just like the 2018 bid! FIFA will already know where they want the 2030 World Cup and will have prepped the FIFA delegates no doubt, so I hope they don’t get drawn into a mist of hope when they never had a chance wasting millions in the process! Then again, it wouldn’t be like the Government to throw money down the drain! The whole World Cup bidding process irritates me to be honest!

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Southgate on TalkSPORT now

roverman repped this.
  23. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Any key points of interest Marcho?

24. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Its just going to be an England bid plus parkhead and the millennium stadium

25. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes talked about mount for 59 minutes now he will dedicate 1 minute to other matters