England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But Croatia is getting younger now but then again so is England

2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Le tissier wanted to be a big fish in a small pond.

As for the world Cup Sweden we're no mugs they knocked out Holland in the group stage, they beat Italy in the play offs, knocked out Germany in the group stage. We lost to Belgium with a second string team in both games. We also put 6 past Panama when Sweden could only score 3. People underestimate our world Cup run

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Maybe but not when they beat England...

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Wonder why Manu’s Greenwood didn’t appear to take the knee tonight ?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I think he did but got up earlier than the others, that’s what I initially thought but could be wrong.

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    True ..

7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It doesn't look like anyone will have the courage to stay standing. Hard to believe every single one of them supports this stuff.

roverman repped this.
  8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why is Blm triggering people? It stands for equality not superiority

9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Greenwood really is a special talent

10. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Staying standing implies what exactly - that they don't care about racism? Yeah I think any racist footballers are going to keep their opinions very quiet.

Though there are probably a fair few who either don't care or don't know about what the glesture symbolises who go along with it anyway. Every year around November I wonder if the poppy is anything more than a symbol they barely notice when pulling on their shirt for a lot of players, the Argentines especially I find it hard to believe none of them have negative views of it.

thebigman repped this.
  11. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    That they object to being forced to make a political statement by their league. That they don't want to be seen to endorse an organization as shady - and explicitly racist - as BLM. I sense a lot of people jumped on this BLM bandwagon without having much of a clue what these people were about - including the Premier League, who have just put out a statement saying that the slogan on the shirts is 'not an endorsement of a political movement'. Even Starmer, who couldn't wait to get on one knee, is back-pedalling.

W.A.S.P. and TopBanana10 repped this.
  12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I think it’s more to do with the BLM activists and the political side that people have a problem with and I kind of get that when you see what their leader has allegedly been saying.

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    That was a brilliant goal for sure ...

roverman repped this.
  14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    how is blm racist? Utter nonsense

15. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    #8690 TopBanana10, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Aren’t you the guy that said that Serbians looking at you was racist or some nonsense?

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Blm are racist. If u look into what they're doing instead of what the TV wants u to believe then u will find the truth. They want to destroy statues of Jesus christ because he's too white, they want all carribeans to be given more money than whites in America when they emigrate to the USA. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They also intimidate whites in the street by making them go down on one knee. Its not just blm its also the leftys who are to blame. They are not for all lives matter just black lives matter

17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Watch thishttps://youtu.be/l7aQ02YX7qo

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it’s not nonsense u moron, my wife is mixed race as are my children. Serbians in Greece, were pointing and staring obviously like they have never seen a non white person before. Obviously saying shit in their own language

and if people cite Fox News they are not making a good point. If you cannot see why black people want equality after generations of slavery and oppression then your probably either thick or a middle aged gammon without a clue

20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You do realise Jesus would’ve been brown right? He’s from Palestine so the white image is false

they do t want black people on more money they want equal opportunity and not to be murdered by police regularly at a disproportionate rate to white people

how are they making people go down on one knee? This is a pathetic post full of straw clutching

@DaPrince84 this is the sort of shit we get in the uk

DaPrince84 repped this.
  21. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Fox news are the only station in America telling the truth. There was a guy who had his property broken into they threatened to kill him his wife and even his dog. The guy had to get his rifle to defend his property, the senator for that area said his motive was racial. She compared him to the kkk. The senator was black. Most of these guys were white but the point stands. Most black people are good people who are against blm but blm is racially motivated. Tucker carlson had the guy who defended his property on his show, everyone else a leftist propaganda.

22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fox News is right wing propaganda

it’s how trump got into power. Ignorant, racist America loves it

I really feel sorry for you

23. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Oh dear.

24. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some Republicans I know actually believe Fox has gotten more left-leaning... Trump got into power because many people were tired of seeing political correctness seep into society plus the media and Hollywood telling people who to vote for and virtue signal. Then there was also Hillary Clinton ignoring the working class and campaigned for upper-middle-class millennials and never campaigned in most of the midwest blue states that Trump ended up winning (Michigan, Minnesota, Pennslyvania, Wisconsin). IMO it's more what Democrats did to screw things up than Trump doing what he did, which you can also thank the media who hated him despite giving him all kinds of coverage... I'm sure you've heard of One American Network right? That's who everybody thinks is far-right, but you could say the same about CNN being far-left since the evidence is there.

I also guarantee 99% of right-wingers were horrified how George Floyd died and appalled at the police for handling it the way they did. Everybody I've talked to agrees on that.

I do agree that many athletes are kneeling before these games because of peer pressure and fear of backlash since it's undeniably true that if you don't and especially if you're white then you'll be labeled public enemy No. 1. In America, there's a female soccer player who stood for the national anthem and has received a ton of criticism from the media... America has never been so divided and I fear there's going to be a civil war mainly between "patriots" and "anarchists."

25. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sounds like you're talking about what happened in my home town of St. Louis. The District Attorney labeled those people who broke into the property as "peaceful protesters." The mainstream media left out the fact that the protesters broke into a private, gated neighborhood and then broke through another gate into that family's property. I don't think that couple should've gone outside and pointed their guns at the rioters because well now their lives are forever changed, but their law firm will probably get a lot more business now.

And about Tucker Carlson: his show is now the most-watched show in America now. Contrary to what some label as a racist problem, which to me is just a lazy way of describing things in a vastly difficult situation, I think the high viewership numbers shows many people want to see a different angle on things as opposed to what they see on every other channel.

Jenks and roverman repped this.