Energy FC US Open Cup

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Energy FC' started by mikehurst21, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Boston Mario 918

Boston Mario 918 New Member

May 8, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Great game, yes we lost. It's my first year as a Tulsa Ultra and I was impressed with our Attendance and the Grid Supporters that actually showed up. The Energy defense looked solid and that's why they are a professional team. Good luck Energy in the US open cup.

2. TulsaUltras

TulsaUltras New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Glad we look organized from a distance, far from it. As for members of our supporter group, yeah we don't have that many yet, we have a lot of people who show up to the matches and tailgate, but once the match starts its just a social event and they wander around the beer garden and such. Yeah the scoreboard in the outfield needs torn down, but the fairgrounds won't let us for some dumb reason. It took an act from above for them to allow us to paint it green.

3. OKCSoccer4life

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Interesting take on that first goal. Not sure how that young kid getting on the end of the ball for Energy was a big guy getting on the end of the ball.

The interesting thing I wonder from watching some of their previous games, is that it seemed the Energy had quite a few new faces out there that we haven't seen as much of leading up to this game. Good players but didn't appear to be their usual line.

4. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    The loanees, like Kempin in goal, couldn't play in the USOC for the Energy or they become "locked" to the team and can ONLY play for the Energy in the tournament going forward. So if KC wanted to recall them for a USOC game, they couldn't.

5. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #80 USRufnex, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
    I'm proud of the way our team played. Didn't sit back in a defensive shell and try to hold off a pro team. They played aggressively and went after every 50/50 ball and had their fair share of chances to get an equalizer after being down a goal in the first ten minutes... against the run of play, btw...

6. OKCSoccer4life

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Thought Ellis was on the bench even though he didn't play. And I noticed their center backs were different as well. Wasn't an insult at Tulsa at all. I was just saying if the Tulsa coach liked the defense what he would think of the others.

7. OKCSoccer4life

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I thought Tulsa played well and had some good players but wouldn't say the goal 10 minutes in was just a big guy getting on the ball in the box.

That same player that scored was heckled continually about not being that good and did he realize these were just college players, reality is that kid is only 18 and damn sure doesn't play like he is 18.

But if you want to take shots at someone for complementing the depth of the Energy knock yourself out.

Again, all in all thought it was a fun Derby to watch.

Brother Badgerjohn repped this.
  8. Taggart

Taggart Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Southern Oklahoma
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Next round at AZ United SC 9:30 May 28.

With a win, we play at LA Galaxy on

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Know your nomenclature: "Cup-tied."

10. Taggart

Taggart Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Southern Oklahoma
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    So, how about that local soccer team huh?

11. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #86 USRufnex, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014

Boston Mario 918 repped this.
  12. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was a tough one to listen to on the radio last night. Down a man right after half. 1-1 at full time with a stoppage time goal for the Energy. Only to give up a goal in extra time and blow a PK to tie in the 119th minute. Out of the Open Cup. Maybe next year.

13. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok I know that we are knocked out of the usoc now but a few thoughts came to mind about the 2015 usoc.

2015 Oklahoma will have the most teams from Oklahoma (possibility of 5, 3 automatic births, and 2 that have to qualify) ever.

assuming that they all get in and the format stays the same we could see these possible matchups

OKC FC (NPSL) versus Tulsa Roughnecks FC (USL Pro) 2nd round
    Tulsa Athletics (NPSL) Versus Oklahoma City Energy FC (USL Pro) 2nd round
    Tulsa Roughnecks FC (USL Pro) versus Oklahoma City Energy FC (USL Pro) 3rd round or Oklahoma City FC (NASL) versus any of the 3 previously mentioned sides either in round 3 or round 4. I wonder if we could the two NPSL sides matchup in the 1st round
    The Oklahoma City FC (NASL) versus Oklahoma City Energy FC (USL Pro) matchup would be very intriguing
    it could be our chance to showcase what the MLS could be like in Oklahoma City
    note: the Oklahoma City Energy FC (PDL) will not be eligible until at least 2016.

14. Boston Mario 918

Boston Mario 918 New Member

May 8, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I would love to see an Oklahoma Cup for next year. First Tulsa vs. Tulsa and then OKC vs. OKC. The winner from each city would play each other for the cup and the right to play in the US Cup.