Alert: End of an Era: Capt. Chaos HE GONE!

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Capt. Chaos, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    That was my first ever Professional Indoor Soccer Game

Capt. Chaos was soon born on December 31, 2004: Chicago STORM @ Milwaukee Wave.

I've traveled this path as a fan of the sport. A sport that I enjoy watching, attending and cheering at more than outdoor soccer if you were to believe. the pace is faster, the action is hotter, the players are more your family and friends than strangers. I met so many people through indoor soccer its hard to remember everyones name (well I have that problem to begin with :D ) I have loved to cheer for my Chicago or Rockford teams or to cheer against the Milwaukee Wave no matter whom they play...remember the 2010 Championship Game Milwaukee?!? I DO!

[​IMG]

I remember going to Baltimore with the Rampage and almost getting into a brawl. I remember the Brawl between The Storm and the Force...I still blame you John Ball...but I thank the Pernia Brothers for what they did as well...oh little Leo what a spearing sight.

To all the road games, To StL, detroit, Baltimore and oh of course MILWAUKEE! How I hate you so much! From getting heckled, popcorn thrown at, sworn or getting Michael King to kick the ball to me, the one thing I love is for you to lose, lose to ANYONE, but most of all the the City of Chicago, as we are the best there is best there was and the best there ever will be!!!

February 3rd I leave for Reno, NV to be with my girlfriend. They have no soccer, but will prospect for either an MISL or PASL team there (they can support it!) I will cheer on my FIRE @ their west coast games and I'll still follow the MISL as this is what I LOVE!

SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THIS DATE!
    SUNDAY, JANUARY 29th 2012 3PM @ US CELLULAR ARENA

This will be Capt. Chaos last indoor soccer game for a LONG LONG time. I will be cheering against you guessed it...Milwaukee. We will have many Chicagoans in attendance and we might not cheer entirely for Syracuse but well for the City of Chicago, my kind of Town.

So come on out the 29th to hear the drum, hear our voice. I love the sport and will miss going to the games. Heckle me or cheer me, whatever. I love it all. The one thing I know I will always do is...

I will always STAND TALL, FIGHT ON!

[​IMG]

2. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    She must be hot....

3. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Thanks for buying the tickets, we appreciate the attendance, just try to keep it clean with all the kids around.

4. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    It'll be a nice show. Get your popcorn ready and keep the kiddies away.

5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is why i do the blast a favor and skip Christian youth night LOL

6. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

7. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    And as you leave Chicago headed for Reno, you may hear the natives chanting,

"GO CHAOS GO! AND PLEASE TAKE THE CUBS AND BEARS WITH YOU!!!"

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After that BS penalty call on Karterouliotis.

9. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    LOL Kenn!

Yah, too bad it wasn't during the Paxos era with SS as the head referee. The Greek boy would have never gotten sent to the sin bin and in fact most likely would have bagged the winner sending you, me, Frankie, Captain and the Crew directly to Greek Isle on the corner of West Adams and S. Halsted Street for a wild and crazy New Years celebration!

10. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Say goodbye to rigged competitions won by girlfriends of players in Milwaukee too. No more fiascos where a 9 year old child gets screwed out of a trip to Disney World.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, God.

The kid is over it by now. In fact, the kid was over it within a day. You've been on it for like 7 years now.

12. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Not only is the kid over it, I'm happy to say she has developed into one of the top players in Region II soccer, competing in the National Academy league. She is a fantastic technical player (great passer of the ball) and no doubt in line for an NCAA division 1 soccer scholarship and pro soccer in a few years if she can stay healthy.

The argument can be made that when Katie H (former standout collegiate player) defeated the kid during the Wave halftime shootout, she inspired and motivated the kid to work hard to improve her game in addition to building her mental toughness.

The moral of the story is: There are winners and losers in many aspects of life and it can be extremely beneficial for a child to learn this at a young age through sporting competitions.

While the Wave was CONdemned for putting the "CON" in CONtest that afternoon and many were CONcerned for the kids feelings, the CONcensus among many of my CONstituents here in the CONservative state of Wisconsin is the kid learned valuable CONcepts, is extremely CONcentrated and in great CONdition. Many of us CONcur that if this kid CONtinues to improve, colleges across the country and pro scouts will soon be CONtacting her to offer her a fat CONtract.

When that said the Wave should be CONgratulated for its CONtest and I would advise any pro teams CONducting halftime activities to set up a CONference call to CONsult with the brilliant and CONfident minds of the Wave game day staff.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know that I'd make that argument too loudly (I'd like to think her coaches helped, too, moreso than "losing" a contest to an adult lady when you're a little kid), but you could.

I'd actually listen to you make that argument for the next few years rather than have Chris Hansen over there do To Catch A Rigged Contest over and over and over again.

14. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice send off from "Dammit Man" McNeil today. Godspeed.

But don't screw up Reno. I love that town, have been there many times. Also love Truckee, Virginia City, Stateline, etc. Even though Reno as a tourist draw is sliding fast, the place oozes history and I love my almost-yearly trips there.