Emre rumored to go to Man Utd

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by RuffRyder, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    No one has said he's a bad player. However, in his time on the bench for Inter there has been no indication that he can play at the highest level for a side like ManUtd or Milan. There are lots of players I like, but I'm not advocating their moves to top sides all the time.
    Nor is Emre's tackling above average, btw.

2. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Unless its Damien Duff, a super midfielder to take over for Keano, A world class goalie, etc...its hard for a United fan to really get excited aout Emre for now. Maybe he'd be an answer, but for now I agree with Nicephoras in that his agent is letting big clubs know, some with weaker midfields than others, that his client is avialiable and they show focus on him.

3. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Nicephoras, you should really check the statistics before you make a comment like that. Emre has played the majority of the games for Inter when he hasn´t been injured. He has pushed players like Karagounis, Davids and C. Zanetti on to the bench. ;)

And you say that Emre can't dribble. He doesn´t do fancy tricks like C. Ronaldo but he gets past his opponents with ease and almost every time. I don´t think there are many players who have a higher success rate than Emre when it comes to dribbling.

And he isn´t just any turkish player. He is the best turkish player imo.

I know turks and turkish players are very unpopular on this board.

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Manny! Good to see you!

I believe he has started 5 or 6 out of Inter's 12 games this year. Not exactly first choice.

I didn't say Emre "can't dribble". I said he's going to have trouble getting away from EPL players just by dribbling. If you'll notice, most successful EPL players who're good dribblers are wingers, and Emre is not a winger.

Don't know about that. I don't watch enough Turkish football.

I think you (not personally, of course) have a lot of credit for that though - of some Turkish fans hadn't advertised Turkey as the second coming, no one would dislike you as much. You remember Matt Scholer, right?

5. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    I think that an Arsenal fan claiming Man Utd. need a new keeper is rich. Lets be honest, there is, and has been for a while, a shortage of quality keepers in the Prem. Thats why Seaman stuck @ Arsenal for so long, then found a role at Citeh for a while, and now even David James is back in the Prem.

Carroll may not be spectacular. But he is a very solid keeper, I'd argue more solid that Mad Jens at this point, but that doesn't matter. Carroll's consistency makes up for his lack of outstanding saves. For every solid season from a keeper you can pick out a handful of absolute howlers (I thought Cuidicini was the top rate last year, but that goal he allowed against Arsenal is always what I remember), Carroll seems to minimize those. If Arsenal can compete with Jens I think Man U can with Carroll.

As to CM. I think Manchester United do need a CM, just not the same kind everyone is looking for. I think they need to replace Scholsey instead of Keane. Man U have a vertiable plethora of serviceable holding mids: Keane, Kleberson, Miller, and D2. I think what is really missing from the formula is the creative midfielder who can provide more than Scholes on defense (which is nothing) and provide creativity in the middle. For all that Scholes does right, he simply is not a naturally creative player.

Emre is not the answer because he lacks the body to play in the Prem.

Defensively there are also some deficiencies, but when you look at the goals scored/conceeded you soon realize the problem hasn't been defense but rather the offense (other than a few isolated games). Wes Brown will never be great, but he has upped his game (no, one blunder against Newcastle won't change that opinion). If there was a cheap CB who would be an improvement it would be a different story, but to simply go hunting for one doesn't make sense.

Look at the stats and tell me Manchester United's defense is what is holding them back. Before the Newcastle game the offense was averaging less than 1 goal a game. Completley unacceptable considering the quality of strikers in the squad. Find that midfielder to unlock things and I think Man Utd will find themselves in the thick of things.

Rosicky wouldn't be a bad option considering Dortmund's financial status and his pedigree.....

6. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I think you hit the nail right on the head, especially if Rooney is used up front in tandem with RVN.

He may also lack the "presence" (and his frame may have something to do with it) truly great CM's possess. Good player, just maybe not what ManU is looking for.

7. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Thank you, and it is good to see you too :)

Inter have got soo many talented midfielders at the moment that noone plays in all the games, but he has played the majority of the games when he hasn´t been injured.

I think you´ve got a good point there. I´m not sure Emre's style of play would work in the Premier league. But I really hope he can succeed.

I remember those endless discussions. :D I agree that is probably the reason why we aren´t the most liked fans on this board.

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    He's started half the games thus far. I'm not sure that's really all that indicative of being "first choice".

I think he'd be a lot better off at a club like Newcastle, perhaps. Or a club of similar stature. If he can prove himself, a move to one of the big sides would certainly be on the cards. No one thought Smertin would play a game for us when we bought him, but after his excellent displays for Pompey, we took him back, and now he starts quite a few games. I don't see why Emre couldn't do the same if he wanted to play for one of the top clubs in England.
    But on current form and achievement, I don't think there's much of a reason for ManUtd to be interested.

That and Ruffryder.

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Hey, the yanks are looking for more players for their 2 new teams. Maybe Emre should toss his hat in the ring. :rolleyes:

10. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Final statement in this thread.

Emre is clearly our best player. Without him, I dont know how crappy our Nt would be. On Wednesday it was Emre vs Ukraine. Not Turkey vs Ukraine. I hope he can suceed if he moved.

And Milan is very interested in a move for Emre.

Also, what I meant to say is, Emre would not play in a Keane role, but more a Scholes role, that is why I said center.

Cheers.

LYON!

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    In your dreams. Unless you actually have proof?

They BOTH play in the center!

12. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Its a supposed swap deal Abbiati

Here is an article...
    http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=31491&idSez=20

Abbiati And Emre To Swap Clubs?
    11/5/2004 12:21:00 PM
    AC Milan reserve keeper Christian Abbiati, and not Sebastian Frey, appears to be the man Inter have chosen to replace out-of-favour Francesco Toldo, reports Italian daily ‘il Corriere dello Sport.’
    Abbiati, who was AC Milan’s starting keeper in their triumphant 1998/99 Scudetto campaign, would join the Nerazzurri in exchange for Turkish midfielder Emre, who represents that midfield option currently lacking in Ancelotti’s mighty squad.

This wouldn’t be the first swap deal between the two Milan rival clubs, if it eventually goes through.

Previously they exchanged a series of players, with the most famous swap being Francesco Coco to Inter in exchange for Clarence Seedorf to Milan. We all know who got the better out of that deal.

If Abbiati ends up joining Inter, Toldo will probably pack his bags and move to one between Fiorentina, that would be a return to his origins for the veteran keeper, and Spanish giants Barcelona.

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    ITS JUST A RUMOR! That's why the story has a big fat ********ing "?" If everything on goal.com were true, Chelsea's roster would already have 40 players.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No no - he's going to ManUtd. Ruffy says so.

15. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    I post proof, you blast it. Are you ever happy?? You must have a dull life, you always disagree. I have never heard you agree with anyone, ever.

Damn Yid...

Milan is interested in Emre, what more do you want?

16. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If nothing else, one thing any football fan in the world knows is once a player even plays marginally well he's a Chelsea target.

I personally have liked Chelsea for quite a while (due to the presence of the great Gianfranco Zola, Roberto Di Matteo, Pierluigi Casiraghi and it was where Samuele Dalla Bona first came to my attention).

But these days (and it would take an IDIOT to disagree) it seems every player in football is linked to Chelsea and when you look at them, in most cases there is an actual Chelsea interest.

Goal.com is a rumour mill, but while it is seldom true of what are on these mills, a site like Bigsoccer.com thrives on these rumours.

As far as ur blasting of Emre i actually see Emre as a very similiar player (actually a bit better too) to Scott Parker, whom somehow manages to play for Chelsea.
    Not blasting Parker, whom i think is a player with great potential (even could be considered a pocket size Lampard) but just to get you to SHUT UP on Emre.

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    :confused: Considering I'm not a huge Parker fan, why would that get me to "shut up"? Also, Scott Parker is not a player like Emre; he's far more physical and more defensive in nature. They're not similar at all.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    If you ever posted anything intelligent, I might agree. You didn't post proof, you posted a rumor.

:confused: :mad: :mad: We've moved to racial epiphets now?

That statement would suffice.

19. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    After defeating you in Turkey thread, now we must go through this.

I posted the site, you still disagree. If I climbed Mount Everest, you would saym it had already been done.

20. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    He's merely stating that goal.com isn't reliable in what they publish...how hard is that to understand? If they're not reliable, that makes them a rumour mill (get it?) and that isn't really considered proof that Milan are indeed interested in Emre...!

I dont see why Milan would need Emre with players like Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Cafu and Rui Costa (not so much any more)...And im sure nicephoras sees it in the same way, correct me if i'm wrong.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You didn't defeat me in the Turkey thread. You lost that argument, because you don't know anything about history OR soccer.

You posted a RUMOR. If I everything goal.com wrote was true, Chelsea would have a squad of 50 players, including half the Real Madrid side. This isn't proof - its just a RUMOR.

See, this is why people around these boards think you're a fvcktard. Someone has already climbed Everest. MANY people have climbed Everest.

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THREAD CLOSED.

[​IMG]