Empty net? Might as well!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by JonDeMassey, Jul 3, 2005.

1. JonDeMassey

JonDeMassey New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    London/Brighton
    The only thing standing between Arsene Wenger and the Champions League trophy has been his total misunderstanding of defence.

This peaks with his startling decisions in goal and we might as well field nobody between the sticks as contemplate his latest fixation.

Ricardo, was not only a complete embarassment for Portugal in Euro2004, this season he capped it all by:-
    a) being wholly responsible for all 3 goals that lost the UEFA Cup final for his dominant Sporting team
    b) giving away the Portuguese title with the only goal in the decider against Benfica.

Ricardo's chief weakness is on high balls, the very first quality by which keepers are measured in England.

Is Arsene really serious in signing a stopper who could become the all-time worst keeper in the history of English top flight football?

United fans demonstrated against Glazer. Can't we demonstrate against Ricardo?????

2. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    since when has arsene said he'll be going for ricardo? i know the guy is a total trullop, but don't believe the rumours unless arsene/arsenal publicly state they're after him.

3. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Hasn't all the information about this transfer come from Ricardo and his agent? That's a pretty big tip off that Ricardo is using the press to try and get Arsenal interested in him. I think every year Wenger has been in charge some third rate keeper has bleated to any reporter within earshot that Arsenal are interested. Interestingly enough (for us) is the fact we have NEVER SIGNED one of those guys.

It's all wishful thinking on Ricardo's part. "Mad Jens" will be Arsenal's #1 next year, and you can print that in 6 inch headlines....

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    OKAY JIMMY!! ;)

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

You know you'll clap him when you come to Highbury!!!

6. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    begrudgingly i will.. but i have come a long way rick.. remember the early days? ;):D

7. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I'm not only going to clap him, but I'm also buying him drinks.

Boy do I enjoy a quality Mad Jens game....