Email ESPN: Broadcast Women's Matches!

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by secretcode, Apr 5, 2005.

1. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    I posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd give this another try, where more people can see it.

So ESPN2 is showing the men's UEFA match, Juventus at Liverpool.
    If we could get everyone who uses this forum people to email ESPN to show the women's UEFA matches (and other matches)... well, it can't hurt.

Please FWD this link to your soccer-watching friends. The more emails, the better. Here is the link-- it will take you about ten seconds, I promise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

2. chelseacrew

chelseacrew Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry but at ESPN they have a rule, more than 100 fans have to be in the stands watching to broadcast the event! :confused:

3. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    :confused: Yes, and? It isn't Algarve Cup, it is the UEFA Women's Cup and the Finals and Semi-Finals tend to draw about 5000-10000/game.

4. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I much rather have FSC or GolTV air those type of games.

5. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    Email whomever you want to... it just seems like since ESPN is already airing the men's UEFA, it is logical that they could be coaxed into airing the women's too.

Also, you have to pay separately for FSC in many places, whereas ESPN is standard with cable and satellite TV. And I don't know what GolTV is.
    But if you have other info, or other networks you think would step up, pls share.

6. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    You're joking, right??

7. Mexicana

Mexicana New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Mexico City
    Secretcode,
    It's a good idea, but I have to tell you, here in Mexico we can't have the US-ESPN signal anywhere, nor in cable nor in satellite TV. All we have is a Latinamerican signal full of men's Soccer, NBA Basquetball, and some other stuff.

While you see the US WNT and college games on your ESPN signal, we are watching the Colombian or Argentianian men's league. It's so sad. I even had the chance to talk to someone at ESPN in Mexico who said that there is no chance to broadcast a women's soccer game as long as there is a huge gap between the number of potential viewers for men's and women's Soccer.

I hope someone could broadcast the games by internet, even if it is just with a webcam or just audio.