ELIMINATÓRIAS, R6: Brasil x Argentina, 09/05/2021[R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Sep 3, 2021.

1. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Oh don't worry, you can see me doing all that after my team(s) win. I'm just more of the cautious type.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If anyone is interested in listening to 20-30 mins in Portuguese, here is some fairly complete reporting at this stage. Personally, I think they are a little too optimistic about the game being rescheduled (instead of forfeited) when they interject some opinion, but the facts they list out are very helpful. Start at 18mins 10sec:

https://interativos.globoesporte.gl...a-guerra-politica-e-um-papo-com-rogerio-maia/

Some points I want to highlight:

FIFA's match report states the the game was interrupted by outside parties, not abandoned by Argentina.
    The referee told both teams to head to the locker rooms. Argentina are not the ones who made the decision, alone, to head to the locker room.

The reason Anvisa reports that the Argentine youth coach (Batista) filled out the forms is that his name is attached to the e-mail used to fill out the forms. The e-mail itself is an organizational one, so probably shared by multiple persons in AFA.

The reporter states that CBF has not outright said so, but basically discreetly admitted in some statements, that it could have done more. He speculates that this will take a long time and might be rescheduled.

As clear and helpful as his summary was, he and the host both still seem to be unwilling to look at the likelihood Brazil could forfeit. They seem to think that what Anvisa did was fine.

I think it's likelier that by next week we'll have the FIFA decision and it will be against Brazil mostly, probably a forfeit, though there is a small chance that AFA's incompetence helps us. While there will still be avenues for appeal, I don't expect much will change after that unless some completely unexpected piece of info comes to light.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One pertinent thing that the above podcast included:

The reporter himself filled out the form for immigration (anyone can as far as I understand, don't necessary have to have a trip planned).

It includes one question about what country you are traveling from. It is impossible to proceed without filling this out. Argentina's answer would have been Venezuela.

After that there is a question about what other places you have been in in the last 14 days. It is possible to click next without filling out that question.

4. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    @Century's Best: this is an example of why I usually suspect Feinmann's credibility, here is he sucking Macri's penis three days before the congress elections using the national team case...

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Being wrong about one issue in the past doesn't mean he is wrong now.

It is human but very fallacious to use one's biases to judge a person's reliability before letting that person speak. There are politicians in the U.S. I would never vote for and whom I consider despicable and hypocritical, but if that said politician makes a factually correct statement about an issue, I opt not to use that politician's history of nonsense to question his/her being right in the given particular instance.

Your compatriot Gustavo Segré has a YouTube channel with many videos where he decimates biased and opinionated and anti-President Bolsonaro reporters from your country's media with facts. He was one of the few if not the only one who admitted players of your team violated Brazilian laws. No one can refute his arguments on this (and on other issues) he's spoken on.