PBP: ELIMINATÓRIAS, R13: Brasil x Colombia - 11/11/2021

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by celito, Nov 11, 2021.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Similar to R9s goal in WC 02 vs Turkey SF. GK wasn't really expecting the shot.

Ombak repped this.
  2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would've liked to see Casemiro - Fabinho - Paquetá against Argentina, with Matheus Cunha up front, but of course that was never going to happen so it doesn't matter.

I wonder if Tite has Edenilson on call for Casemiro's spot now that he's suspended.

I agree Fabinho hasn't yet performed to his potential with us, but I'm sort of glad we're forced to start him in the biggest game now. As you suggested we could see Casemiro miss a big game in 2022.

Glad to see Vini came in strong today, this should settle some of the pundits and cement him as part of the 23.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I completely missed Neymar bumping the ref at the beginning of the game yesterday . That should have been a yellow of not a red card . He will never learn to control his emotions on the field .

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You didn't see that?

That's a straight red in my opinion.

Most highlight packages didn't include it but there's plenty of videos of that alone now.

5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Neymar should of seen red. Wtf was he thinking?

celito repped this.
  6. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Neymar loves to play Colombia and he knows how to use the Colombian players stupidity against them.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right. Neymar got kicked out of a Copa America because of an incident against Colombia and should have gotten a red card this time around ... and he is the one who knows how to use Colombian players stupidity against tem ... :rolleyes:

Cosmin10 repped this.
  8. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    OK.
    But this time he did get away with it, and Colombia lost. It seems to me that Neymar gets a little extra pleasure playing and beating Colombia because of what they did to him in 2014. Throughout the whole game Neymar and the Colombian players are throwing the "GARBAGE" at each other. Neymar would like nothing more than to help the Colombian players watch Qatar 2022 from the comfort of their homes.
    It is true, of course, that at World Cup Neymar, and everyone else for that matter, has to be extra careful.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No Colombian player got red carded so I don't see the point. They stayed composed and we didn't win because they lost their heads. If Neymar gets a kick out of provoking them, that's fine ... but then don't cry when you get cracked in half. Plus, he chested the ref 5 mins in .. not any Colombian player. That's just plain stupid and he is lucky the ref was afraid of carding him at all.

10. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    In 2014, against Colombia, that was the nicest Neymar and he still got "cracked in half". Since then Neymar has learned the ways of the world and he won't take any crap from any player especially a mediocre and irrelevant and violent Colombian.
    Neymar is also smart and he knows how to behave at a World Cup.
    We all know that Brazil has lost the past 2 WC because Neymar was injured by the Colombians and in 2018 he was recovering from a broken foot. In other words, Neymar's behavior on or off the field has not cost Brazil. In fact, Neymar is one of the most fouled players in the world and he consistently keeps his cool and score goals and is one of the best players in the world.

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    None of what you said addresses Neymar chest bumping the ref.

If he does that in the WC he's instantly red-carded and probably out for multiple games.