EL CLASICO | La Liga Jornada #32 | 21.04.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 20, 2024.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Madrid vs Barcelona

GLjRBBSXIAADt5H.jpeg

Squad List:

GLm6yPjW4AAw_--.jpeg

Out Players:

Courtois, Alaba

Match Notes:
    • A Clasico victory would see Real Madrid go 11 points clear at the top of the table with 6 games to go.
    • Both teams are coming in to this Clasico after exhausting Champions League quarterfinals. As everyone knows, Real Madrid advanced to the semifinals while Barca were knocked out.
    • Real Madrid has the most goals scored and least goals conceded in La Liga. Barca has the second most goals scored and fifth least goals conceded in La Liga.
    • Real Madrid has won the last 3 Clasico's: the Supercopa final, the away Liga game, and last year's Copa del Rey semifinal 2nd leg.
    • All Barcelona has left is La Liga. This match could effectively end their season.
    • Real Madrid has not lost a single game this season in the Santiago Bernabeu.
    52923208.jpg.jpg

FfM5eeqXEAAZGPC.jpeg

¡Madrid Campeón!
    Madrid hay uno solo,
    Yo te quiero, yo te adoro
    Estás en mi corazón!!

Horsehead, Shay Z, ImadEdd and 10 others repped this.
  2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let’s get the win, close the season and give ourselves plenty of room to rest anyone that needs it for the CL games.

Looking forward to tomorrow very much.

Deep Pal, yoanaidarov, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  3. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Tough game this, but I fully expect the boys to get the job done. Hala Madrid!

4. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even a tie would seal La Liga title. No injuries please.

Deep Pal and Galatico repped this.
  5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    If we beat them, we will need 4 more points to seal the deal? Is that it?

6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if I’m doing this math right but here goes:

If we win, we’re 11 points clear. 6 games left afterwards or a possible 18 points. So we would need 7 points from those 6 games assuming Barca wins the rest of their games

If we draw, we would stay 8 points clear. We would need 10 points from the remaining 6 games assuming Barca wins the rest of their games.

If we lose, we would only be 5 points clear. 13 points from the remaining 6 games assuming Barca wins the rest of their games.

S1na, Deep Pal, hector_br and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hoping for a win and 3 points

Galatico and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    So weird. Yesterday I discovered the word tautology, and here it is!

Deep Pal, rrrrrafik and Digital repped this.
  9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So do we use nacho or AT in defense?

10. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It'll be interesting to see how we will fare physically tomorrow given our game mid-week..prompt in-game subs will play a huge role imo..

I hope Guler gets at least 20 mins tomorrow

11. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Militao might start according to Carlo. Will be a great time to test him out if the plan is for him to start against Bayern

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    The players must be exhausted, curious how we’ll line up.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You guys are acting like every one of them played the 120 minutes.

Only players who should be exhausted are Carvajal, Fede, Cama and Jude.

The rest should be at worst a little tired but recovered and at best ready to rock and roll

Digital, Anon., Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  14. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    I hope you’re right. Would just prefer seeing them well-rested against Bayern and honestly I care less about this game. So would be perfectly fine with resting those players.

Brahim for Jude
    Tchou for Cama
    Modric for Kroos
    Vazquez for Carvajal
    Militao for Rudiger

Honestly no clue on who can replace Fede :DI’m sure Carlo and the staff have it figured out. Just no injuries please.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don’t think we should take this game for granted. If we lose, a 5 point lead isn’t much wiggle room.

If we want to be rested for Bayern, we need to make the gap bigger now so we can rest in the games closer to the semi. If we lose, we will have to play full strength in those last handful of Liga games.

ImadEdd, Digital, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    The only player i care about getting serious minutes tomorrow is Militao.

Guler is a none factor this season and the same for tomorrow

Seoul Villan and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we win the league either way, but winning tomorrow is crucial if we want to have the rest of the league as a chill fest, with minutes for Arda, Fran and Nico to get acclimated, and Militao to ready up for the CL. I think not having to compete in the league will help us focus mentally and physically on the CL which we really really need after a long season where some players like Fede, Dani, and Rudiger were pushed to the limit due to injuries and suspensions.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Plus f*ck Barcelona, let's ruin Xavi's last moments in the coaching career.

S1na, ImadEdd, Digital and 6 others repped this.
  19. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    First team should be rested next weekend; I hope. Carlo better not play Fede next weekend.

20. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Lets see what happens first tomorrow before we talk full-scale rotation at Anoeta. We can do that and should if we're +11. We can maybe do that if we're +8. If we lose tomorrow and it's only +5, we're not in any position to risk punting games through rotation. We still have enough tricky games left that the margin could shrink further if we're not sharp.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Especially not a classico. Let's go ruin Xavi's week. I'd take a tie, but a win lets us start the second team on Friday.

ImadEdd repped this.
  22. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Literally no such thing as an "easy" Clásico, ever. The closest we got (on paper) to one of those was two years ago, and we got absolutely annihilated at the Bernabéu by the worst Barcelona team of the last 15 years. It's a classic "throw the records out" game, always. Thankfully our margin in 2022 was so great that the 0-4 defeat was embarrassing but hardly season-defining.

So you're absolutely right, and I don't expect any decisions tomorrow that suggest anything other than putting our best foot forward to try and win the game. If we win tomorrow, our magic number is cut in half, we only need 7 points from our remaining games to clinch La Liga, which is pretty much a guarantee to happen. It's just a matter of time at that point. If we lose, that number remains 14 with some nasty away games still on the schedule...and no chance to rest the squad around the Bayern games either. We would still be in the positive position for La Liga of course - better +5 than -5 - but it might cost us our chance at the Champions League with Bayern being able to focus all their energy on those two games with nothing at stake domestically for them.

MiamiNative0722 and hector_br repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Maybe it's just me, but I I feel like in the past decade or so even when we've had barca dead to rights we've sort of let them off without complete humiliation.

meringues, hector_br and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Lot of games ended 3-0, 3-1 when we should have pumped 5/6 goals. They have had a couple of manitas in the last 10 years , not us.

temesgen repped this.
  25. Broadwater Farm

Millwall
    Jan 21, 2024
    The Farm
    Thank you for Wed night bootin' those Mancz out. Pukka' job by those back liners, stood firm, against all odds. Bravo.

RM5.jpeg