El burrito Ortega career: NEWS & INTERVIEWS

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by tpmazembe, Nov 8, 2003.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ortega, ese "refuerzo" que se entrena solo

More...

2. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ariel Ortega: "Nunca sentí que me dejaran solo"

El jujeño trabaja para volver a ser el que fue. Dice que en este tiempo de recuperación recibió la ayuda de todos. Y que sabe que está en deuda.

More...

3. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ortega: otro comienzo, todas las ilusiones

More...

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Pobre burrito ... el alcohol lo tiene de esclavo.

Parece ser que esta vez es mas grave aun. En la tarde libre de ayer, recayo ... y Aguilar ya tiro la toalla con el.

El del Sabado puede haber sido su ultimo partido y gol.

5. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He'll be back, now he's going to treatment in Capital Federal. There is a lot of relapse when dealing with alcoholism, the important thing is that he wants to get better and that he has people around him that support him. And your wrong about Aguilar, him and the club are 100% behind Ariel.
    At least this didnt' happen during the season, on the week of the superclassico, like last season. Remember, the 3-1.

6. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ortega tuvo una recaída y deja la pretemporada

El sábado había jugado bien ante Racing, luego dio un paso en falso y ayer faltó al entrenamiento. No descartan una internación.

More...

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is what happened with Ortega yesterday, according to Ole:

:(

The rest of the article is here: http://www.ole.com.ar/notas/2007/01/16/01346007.html .. I recommend you read it.

This situation makes me so depressed. Yes, I don't even know the guy in person, but it just makes you feel bad. It's not like he's a person who doesn't give a fuck about anything, and continues to drink alcohol. He's been trying to get over the situation, and had previously stated that his main goal for this season was to "overcome his alcoholic situation". He's been trying so hard to beat it, but it's like he just cannot win the fight. It makes me feel even worse knowing someone who is going through a situation similar to his.

My best wishes go to Ortega, my first River idol.. I hope he gets better.

8. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yea i was watching estudio futbol yesterday who showed an inteview with him a day prior to this episode. He seemed fined and happy, but i guess this proves that Ortega does have an "enfermedad". ONe min he is fine next he isnt. I just hope that he gets some serious help soon, he is one of my fav argentine players and its tough seeing him that way.

9. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Yeah I agree on this also. It's so sad to see someone go through this horrible situation. As an American who has grown to love futbol from Argentina I saw him play in 1994 in Los Angeles when Argentina played Romania. He is the sole reason as to why I am a "hincha" of River. God bless him and I hope he overcomes this.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good luck to him. As much as drinking is enjoyable, we all have to keep in mind the dangers of alcohol. Many great players were victims of alcoholism, including greats like Garrincha and George Best. I hope Ortega can overcome it.

I love to hate Ortega as a player because he is a gayina. But I have to admit that he is a pleasure to watch.

I remember the first time I saw him play in person, when Argentina played Bulgaria at the 04 World Cup. I was so pissed off because of what happened to Diego, but this young kid came in as Diego's replacement, and I swear he looked like Diego, and he had some of the same moves. He was a bit 'comilon' but man, he could dribble.

I remember his moves, and I thought that even though nobody could replace Diego, we were watching another great talent. He went on to a great career with River (that I'm not going to dwell on), and some great moments with the national team as well. He was always a player of the potrero, for better or worse. In 98 he played an excellent World Cup only to be remembered for the incident at the end of the Holland match that probably cost us elimination.

Anyway, I hope this is not the last of him. I hope he can play again, but most importantly that he can rehabilitate himself and get back to leading a normal life.

11. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: "Estoy muy mal y hoy no pienso en el fútbol"

Ariel Ortega dejó la pretemporada que estaba haciendo con River en Mar del Plata y regresó a Buenos Aires para tratarse de su problema de alcoholismo.

More...

12. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Segun Ole, El Burrito dejo su tratamiento en Capital Federal y opto por una terapia ambulatoria, despues que los doctores aseguraron que su caso no requeria una internacion. Parece que el Burrito tiene el apoyo de todo River, y por lo que leo, estoy contento con el comportamiento de Aguilar y compania hacia Ortega. Aca esta el resto del articulo:

http://www.ole.com.ar/notas/2007/01/17/01346474.html

13. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From Ole:
    http://www.ole.com.ar/notas/2007/01/18/01347216.html

"Estoy muy mal y hoy no pienso en el fútbol. El fútbol está en un segundo plano en mi vida.No sé qué voy a hacer. Cuando lo tenga claro, se los voy a llamar a todos y se los diré. Quiero calmarme un poco, estar en mi casa. Tengo el apoyo de todos y eso es muy valioso".

14. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
  15. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ortega visitó a sus compañeros

More...

16. lexie

lexie New Member

May 3, 2003
    Boston USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wish Ortega the best of luck, and I hope he'll be burning up the pitch again soon. Sure, his brashness and his impulsiveness have made his fans and probably his team-mates shake their heads, but ... who can seriously disapprove of him for long? His fiery ways make him fast, clever, spontaneous, and sometimes unpredictable in the game, and I love to watch him play! Of course, turbulence caused by alcoholism is a very unhappy thing, so I hope Ortega's rid of that plague as soon as possible.

My Spanish is only so-so; I wish I could understand the linked articles better, I only get a sense of what they're saying.

Love - Lex

17. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ortega tiene quien lo anote

More...

18. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ortega should be back to practice with the squad in 3-4 weeks if all goes well. :) Vamos Burrito!!!!

19. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    perdon es boliviano el burrito?

21. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perdoname, no te conteste en el thread the River por que pense que estabas bromeando. No, no es Boliviano. Es Jujenio.

22. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ortega ya está de regreso

Pese a que aún no se sabe cuándo volverá a jugar, en River toman como un gran adelanto su retorno. Y afirman que está "físicamente impecable".

More...

23. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ortega, en el banco

More...

24. Pecho Frio

Pecho Frio New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Ali Sami Yen
    I wanna tell u a funny stuff while he was playing in here for Fenerbahce

The date is 02.02.2003. Its Fenerbahçe Vs Beşiktaş, another Istanbul derby. Like River - Racing .

Anyway, before the match the Fener fans are seen with this banner:

[​IMG]

It says ' Cobarde Gallina Ortega ' ' Ortega Coward chicken' . But on the same banner 'Brave Ortega' is written, in Turkish. Pretty strange, huh? Calling him Coward in Spanish, and Brave in Turkish; on the same banner..

The fact is that, the banner was prepared by Beşiktaş fans to fool Fener fans. The fener fans thought they were supporting Ortega, calling him Brave :)
    They thought 'Cobarde Gallina Ortega' meant ' Brave Ortega'
    (Very few people understand Spanish in Turkey)

I am not certain but this banner may be one of the reasons of Ortega's dislike of the club. İmagine his face when he saw ' Cobarde Gallina Ortega' in the stands of the team he is playing for :D

the preperation of the banner :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyvbCmq_wnM

Great stuff from Beşiktaş fans, and another stupidity of Fener fans. By the way; both these teams suck, Galatasaray is the only big team in here. Just like River Plate .

25. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    o es que en el thread boliviano dijeron que sus padres eran de bolivia, es cierto eso?