EJ article in ESPN mag 11/22 issue

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Mrs.TexasArsenal, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Titled "Forward Thinking" by Liam McHugh

It is about 5 short paragraphs talking about EJ & Edson Buttle. Quotes Arena saying that EJ's physical ability is "Outstanding". It also mentions his 4 goals in two national team appearances. Said that "Arena has been lacking forwards who can terrify opposing D's with speed & physical play". EJ says Edson (whom is named after Pele) "showed me what it takes to be a scorer...he is like my brother". They then go on to mention the World Cup in Germany in 2006 and say it is a realistic goal for them.

:D

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stopped my subscription on this mag because of their distinct lack of coverage of soccer, despite their "alliance" with MLS and USA soccer and having on the of the pre-eminent MLS writers on staff (Bradle).

But I may have to take a look at this one.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the only time I see this mag is when I'm at like a doctor or getting my ears lowered, and theres always ZERO soccer coverage, only exception to this was right before the WC when they had an article on the US.

That being said I'd like to see this article, maybe when I go BACK to the doctor tomorrow :rolleyes:

oh yea one more thing, we could have it worse on the soccer coverage part. Reading the DMN publication "Quick" at school today I found out that Dallas' pro women's football team (yea we have a team) won the championship and I guess on of our players was crowned MVP. Crazy huh.

4. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whaddya expect?

Who really cares about that?

:)

5. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    the Dallas Diamonds, right?

no offense to the ladies, but you ain't built for football.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yea I think so...

the only pointyball I wanna see girls play involves splinklers and white t-shirts *dodges tomatoes from female posters*

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. Argentine Gaucho 25

Nov 15, 2004
    California
    *takes out barf bag* Oh my goodness! Are you kidding me?
    I need a momment.....